+4
Charlie Wood
Czarcasm
seadog
Chemical Ali
8 posters
AuthorMessage

President's progress Empty
PostSubject: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:04 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yawwwwn

A couple of observations, it seems the club has decided to nominate Sue Pollard for fan of the year, although I guess Chris decided that and told Brent.

As for the big flag being on display from 2:40-kick off, what if people want to take up their seats at 2.55? Will they have to queue at the bottom before being allowed entry to the stairwell? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:10 pm

If you accept that the competition is a reasonable one, then Sue Pollard is a good proposal. She has selflessly worked hard to do what she thought was right to support her club.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:16 pm

Can't Mugabe put some humour into his inane drivel?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:18 pm

funny man wrote:
If you accept that the competition is a reasonable one, then Sue Pollard is a good proposal. She has selflessly worked hard to do what she thought was right to support her club.

I certainly agree with you about Sue. But there could well be many many other Argyle fans not on the internet that are just as deserving who the club could have "endorsed". But well done Sue on the nomination and good luck.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Someone had to be chosen, good luck to you Sue
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:35 pm

Never met her, but she does seem to be involved with a lot of collections and has raised a lot of money.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 4:48 pm

What's all this 'us' business? As soon as the union rep became an owners mouthpiece, then he became a 'them'.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:11 pm

He's such a tease, I just don't know how I'm going to contain myself whilst waiting for "more exciting initiatives" for the Ultras.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 5:53 pm

That logo looks far too Third Reich for my liking.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:01 pm

Peggy wrote:

I have to say, that after seeing that for the first time, i can see a load racists and yobs carrying that with pride.

Chris i think you have made a grave mistake here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:06 pm

125+1 wrote:
Peggy wrote:

I have to say, that after seeing that for the first time, i can see a load racists and yobs carrying that with pride.

Another grave mistake, I'd say.

I'd spotted it as a couple of posters' avatars on pBay, but hoped it was just a bit of private photoshopping by them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:13 pm

I think I will beat the rush and get it tattooed on my neck right away bounce

Football supporters discussing what songs they are going to sing at the next match on an open forum ffs ging gang gooly gooly watcher ging gang goo..............
there are more pressing matters don't you think
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:34 pm

Grumpy wrote:

Football supporters discussing what songs they are going to sing at the next match on an open forum ffs ging gang gooly gooly watcher ging gang goo..............

If it increases the atmosphere at the ground then way not discuss what to sing at grounds, it happens at alot of clubs between supporters so why not here at Argyle.

And yes there are far more pressing matters, but thats not really for the fans to be dealing with, thats for the manager and JB to sort out asap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:56 pm

125+1 wrote:
Grumpy wrote:

If it increases the atmosphere at the ground then way not discuss what to sing at grounds, it happens at alot of clubs between supporters so why not here at Argyle.

And yes there are far more pressing matters, but thats not really for the fans to be dealing with, thats for the manager and JB to sort out asap.

And the President and VP
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:16 pm

125+1 wrote:
Peggy wrote:

Oh well, never mind. It seems somebody should have complained when they were voting on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:25 pm

I think the main problem with Forza Verde 1886 is that it has been a complete failure in what it has set out to do. I wonder how the staff felt when they found out all that money had been spent on that flag. Suspect
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:40 pm

Bogsider wrote:
I think the main problem with Forza Verde 1886 is that it has been a complete failure in what it has set out to do. I wonder how the staff felt when they found out all that money had been spent on that flag. Suspect

its bloody disgusting to me that chris can justify spending £3500 on a sodding flag when there are staff still feeling the effects of no wages for several months. The flag will bomb i can see it now and when it does how will he explain that expense away?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:45 pm

Even if it looks amazing, what happens when the game kicks off and 23 high pitched teenagers all forget their songsheets so all you can hear from HP is Porkie snuffling his pasty?
Back to top Go down
Mutley-Green

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:57 pm

I can't believe they are spending £3500 on something completely unnecessary when the staff are still yet to receive their full back pay. Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to give that money to the accelerated staff payments!

Not only is the principle wrong, but practically I think this will be a complete flop. The last flag didn't work because there wasn't enough people in the crowd for it to look impressive and to stay straight. Now our attendances may be up to 50% smaller, I just can't see it working. I thought the plan for the group was small progression yet we have not even seen a slight increase in the atmosphere since the group was launched. Some may argue that the atmosphere in the Devonport has actually been worse.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:07 am

Mutley-Green wrote:
I can't believe they are spending £3500 on something completely unnecessary when the staff are still yet to receive their full back pay. Wouldn't it have made a lot more sense to give that money to the accelerated staff payments!

Not only is the principle wrong, but practically I think this will be a complete flop. The last flag didn't work because there wasn't enough people in the crowd for it to look impressive and to stay straight. Now our attendances may be up to 50% smaller, I just can't see it working. I thought the plan for the group was small progression yet we have not even seen a slight increase in the atmosphere since the group was launched. Some may argue that the atmosphere in the Devonport has actually been worse.

i asked him why dont they use that flag pasoti raised money for instead of buying a new one but i was told stop being negative.
Back to top Go down
Mutley-Green

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:18 am

Phenom wrote:
Mutley-Green wrote:

i asked him why dont they use that flag pasoti raised money for instead of buying a new one but i was told stop being negative.

Yeah would have made a lot more sense. Even if it was just for a few games to establish whether it was actually going to work and if it annoyed people etc. rather than going all out and buying a huge flag. I think anything that actually increases the atmosphere is good for the team I just really don't see how this is going to achieve this. A huge flag being dragged over empty seats is hardly going to spur the team on or intimidate the opposition. The 'Supporters Group' should have just tried to enhance the atmosphere organically instead of telling people what to sing and when, I reckon this generally has the opposite effect.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:24 am

With the amount of people who take part in forza verde, they might as well colour in a piece of A4 paper as a flag. I can just see the president with his crayons...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:31 am

There's a very dark undertone to all of this that's raising a few eyebrows. I'm very glad that this idea is falling flat on its face but it's such a shocking waste of money.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:02 pm

what ever happened to that flag at the playoffs v burnley, all those forgetful years ago? cant remember much about it, as i'd had a tab of Very Happy , the night before and was having mad flashbacks.

come to think of it, it may have been an ordinary sized flag.

maybe no flag at all.... anyone recall?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 1:25 pm

Sneinton Green wrote:
what ever happened to that flag at the playoffs v burnley, all those forgetful years ago? cant remember much about it, as i'd had a tab of Very Happy , the night before and was having mad flashbacks.

come to think of it, it may have been an ordinary sized flag.

maybe no flag at all.... anyone recall?

drunken What a Face lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: President's progress   President's progress Empty

Back to top Go down

President's progress
Page 1 of 1