Sir Francis Drake
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:55 am

Just stumbled across this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It's totally nerdtastic and probably completely spurious but it kind of floats my boat.

Anyway we're the second most over-achieving, by their logic, team in the football league (so far).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptySat Sep 05, 2015 12:57 am

More different, but kind of similar, gobbledegook here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:04 pm

Jesus Franny, if you are reading crap like that you really need a hobby.
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyTue Sep 08, 2015 7:05 pm

I can't work out what it is meant to be a guage of.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Plymouth Argyle have over-achieved at start of season, says manager Derek Adams

Argyle manager Derek Adams applauds the near-1,000 strong Green Army after the 1-0 defeat away to Oxford

DEREK ADAMS has suggested that Plymouth Argyle have 'over-achieved' at the start of their League Two campaign.

The Pilgrims have won nine of their first 14 games and are two points clear at the top of the table from Portsmouth and Oxford United.

However, Adams saw his side suffer only their third defeat of the season when they lost 1-0 at Oxford on Tuesday night.

Former Exeter City midfielder Liam Sercombe scored the decisive goal shortly after the half-hour mark.
Related content

Manager Derek Adams staying positive despite Plymouth Argyle's defeat at Oxford

Argyle will look to rebound from that defeat when they play Luton Town in another away game at Kenilworth Road on Saturday.

Adams said: "We have over-achieved already this season. We have shown in the games how competitive we can be.

"Oxford are an experienced side, they are well-staffed and we had to go there and play against a very good team."

Argyle were only 20/1 joint eighth favourites for the League Two title before a ball was kicked this term.

But Adams made some shrewd signings after he was appointed as manager in June, such as Graham Carey and Jake Jervis, and the Pilgrims have responded well to his leadership.

"I think, as a football club, we are doing well," said the former Ross County boss.

"It's important that we keep moving forward. We have picked up 29 points already this season which is a very good total for 14 games."

Argyle had the support of 982 fans out of an attendance of 7,007 at the Kassam Stadium on Tuesday.

They saw their team outplayed by Oxford for much of the first half but there was an improvement from the Pilgrims after the interval.

Adams said: "We are a well-supported football club. They showed their loyalty by travelling to Oxford.

"It has been recognised by the players and the staff, and it's testimony to them the way they support their football club."

Portsmouth could have overtaken Argyle at the top of League Two had they won at home to Stevenage on Tuesday, but they drew 1-1 after conceding a late equaliser.

Adams said: "We don't look at anybody else's results. We look at our own performances and results."

He added: "Oxford are a good football side and we are a good football side as well. We showed that in the second half."

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm

Just goes to show there's a lot of nerds out there. 5.2% more nerds than last year, apparently. Frank has started a national craze.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyWed Oct 21, 2015 10:42 pm

Drivel
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 8:20 am

I saw somewhere that our chairman was only rated as "vaguely adequate" by only 12.9% of our fans. The AFT were also rated "about as toothy as my nan" by only one of their members but the question wasn't posed to the whole membership.
On a lighter note 100% of people sat in my armchair this morning wold like to give Steph the BBC business girl a good seeing too.
I love stats.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 9:57 am

Hengist wrote:
I saw somewhere that our chairman was only rated as "vaguely adequate" by only 12.9% of our fans. The AFT were also rated "about as toothy as my nan" by only one of their members but the question wasn't posed to the whole membership.
On a lighter note 100% of people sat in my armchair this morning wold like to give Steph the BBC business girl a good seeing too.
I love stats.

I have met the lovely Steph on a number of occasions, indeed I had to turn down an invite on Friday as my arms are still broken Embarassed

Northern girl, Middlesboro.

I'll pass on your regards if not the detail of your message next time I see her Hengist I love you
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyThu Oct 22, 2015 12:49 pm

Talking of seeing to's, not my normal subject at 12.45pm, the weather maid on the Beeb in the morning has a couple of good footballs to play with before changing tactics to a more ''stand-up and .... think I'll stop now .. getting hot and flustered.
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 6:58 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
Hengist wrote:
I love stats.

I have met the lovely Steph on a number of occasions, indeed I had to turn down an invite on Friday as my arms are still broken Embarassed

Northern girl, Middlesboro.

I'll pass on your regards if not the detail of your message next time I see her Hengist I love you

I met her last year at an awards night in London, proper lads maid she is
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Spot on Graiser. As happy with a pint and a pool cue as she is with a lippy.
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:01 pm

tigertony wrote:
Talking of seeing to's, not my normal subject at 12.45pm, the weather maid on the Beeb in the morning has a couple of good footballs to play with before changing tactics to a more ''stand-up and .... think I'll stop now .. getting hot and flustered.

Carol Kirkwood, in railway terminology I wouldn't mind shunting against her buffers! What is a worry is the itv maid Lucy Verasamy, that maid's lost some weight, bleddy worried about the maid
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:05 pm

You my friend are either older than I, desperate or have weird "interests". Carol Kirkwood is yes, whilst you're worried about Lucy? Glasses for Graiser.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:07 pm

Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Carol Kirkwood, in railway terminology I wouldn't mind shunting against her buffers! What is a worry is the itv maid Lucy Verasamy, that maid's lost some weight, bleddy worried about the maid

You must be at the anything will do stage of your life.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:10 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:

You must be at the anything will do  stage of your life.

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 7:50 pm

Economics Steph looks like a proper laugh. In fact, I reckon a night out with her and Kirkwood could end up messy. Kirkwood is a Scot and not to be under-estimated.

As for pure weather girl fantasy, I'll go Wendy Hurrell. She's 30s, which doesn't make me too dirty an old man.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:21 pm

Dick Trickle wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:

lol! lol! lol!
Oi Graiser beh - is that maid Juicy Lucy from Camborne then???
I was hoping to avoid the subject but I have no choice now. Graiser is not quite in the ''anything will do'' mode but he is struggling still to adjust to life without Crapstone Lil. Sad Now - she was some maid who should have lost some weight.
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:49 pm

Carol Kirkwood has buffers that defy gravity, she causes high pressure in my nether regions let me tell you all.
But Lucy, when she was on Sky it was just like she was reading the forecast to me only, the curl of her lip and puckering of her mouth when reporting precipitation was a joy to behold, but she's got thinner and not so voluptuous now, gone off her

Last edited by Graiser on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:51 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:

I'm actually very fussy
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 9:59 pm

Graiser wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Graiser wrote:
tigertony wrote:

I'm actually very fussy

Mind you Angela Rippon looked quite nice in leather jeans this week
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptyFri Oct 23, 2015 11:48 pm

Surprised nobody has mentioned bang tidy local BBC weather girls, Holly & Emily. Or on a national level Lara Lewington
Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 7:44 am

I think you lot are definitely 'over achieving' in your thoughts.
We all know that these weather ladies love fat, bald, Argyle loving, rock n metal fans Rock :Flowers:
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 8:47 am

FY 310 wrote:
Surprised nobody has mentioned bang tidy local BBC weather girls, Holly & Emily. Or on a national level Lara Lewington

I could seriously disappoint that Holly.

On a national news reader level, I have a great passion for Sophie Rayworth. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? EmptySat Oct 24, 2015 9:13 am

Karin giannone for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Over-Achieving? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Over-Achieving?   Over-Achieving? Empty

Back to top Go down

Over-Achieving?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: