HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Odds to win the league

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
vincent_vega

vincent_vega

Odds to win the league Empty
PostSubject: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 3:41 pm

I see Argyle are currently around 4/1 to be champions. I wonder what sort of price we will be come March time? Taking my green tints off I like the look of 16/1 for the Orient or Stanley.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:21 pm

The smallest clubs will drop off depending on whether their assets get raided and they either prevent it or are complicit in it. Smaller clubs tend to bite the hands off of bigger clubs for relatively small sums; larger clubs will keep their best players.

Oxford have Keymar Roofe and Danny Hylton.
Argyle have Reuben Reid and Graham Carey.
Accrington have Billy Kee and Josh Windass.
Leyton Orient have Dean Cox and Jay Simpson.
Pompey have Matt Tubbs and Marc McNulty.
Northampton have Marc Richards.

Which of these teams will sell and which of these teams will acquire.

After our chairman's comments last week I am not so confident it will be us stretching out a lead in February and March.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 5:40 pm

If those players mentioned are likely to be the most sought after at those clubs, it'll be interesting to revisit this thread at the end of Jan.

I don't think anyone will risk a reasonable cash amount on Reid. Carey is another matter. He would have been in the top 3 players in our team when we were in the CCC. I'll be mightily relieved if he's still here at the end of next month.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:22 pm

ejh wrote:

After our chairman's comments last week I am not so confident it will be us stretching out a lead in February and March.

Laughing  Good to see you're getting the idea at last EJ. I particularly liked Adams' comments on being narked at how long the injuries were taking.

Carey is without doubt, by far, the best and most influential player at Argyle since we were a Championship going places team under Holloway.
Shame Brent didn't have any balls to allow Adams to sign the best players on normal contract lengths. For Adams to be forced to say he likes offering 12 month contracts to the likes of Carey is frankly preposterous.  Adams obviously knows darn well how good Carey is and how he would perform in L2. That he was only able to offer 12 months can only be the fault of Brent. What a disaster we have Mr Citi 2007 in charge down here, giving his oh so wise direction on matters concerning everything. Only a Brent could engineer the biggest stroke of luck into a small earner and consequent demise within 6 months.

I see an undisclosed fee transfer coming up for one of these players. Reid will be itching to get a good deal. If that's not on offer at Argyle after his play, he might be the one to move.  Same old same old, but even I thought Brent wouldn't be so stupid and grasping to push Adams to sell the likes of Carey/Reid/Jervis so soon. What a booby.

As for the odds, If no players were sold in January, I still expect Argyle and Pompey to be auto promoted without a doubt. Sadly the odds for that earlier in the season weren't that great, almost evens. The trouble now is, Brent's in the way, directing traffic. That might change the odds somewhat. jocolor
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 6:59 pm

Hasn't Carey just had some clause or something fall into place to extend by another year. But I suppose even if he has all that achieves is to put another £5 million on his head.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:35 pm

Best to abandon any hope of promotion let alone winning the division. The clubs around us will hold on to all their better players and even strengthen while basket case Argo lets all their best players go for a pittance. Our season is officially right down the shitter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyMon Dec 07, 2015 10:48 pm

tigertony wrote:
Hasn't Carey just had some clause or something fall into place to extend by another year. But I suppose even if he has all that achieves is to put another £5 million on his head.

They accepted £200,000 for Hourihane who was BY FAR our best player, and some of that went to the creditors and Ipswich. So we let a player go with £90k making it into the club accounts - and Shez got enough to afford Ollie Norburn the non league free transfer as a replacement.

Keep dreaming of the millions rolling in but it aint happening. We will agree to sell the silver before it gets to those figures. Brent will probably already be calling around other chairmen suggesting a fraction of those figures himself.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 12:35 am

vincent_vega wrote:
I see Argyle are currently around 4/1 to be champions.  I wonder what sort of price we will be come March time?  Taking my green tints off I like the look of 16/1 for the Orient or Stanley.

Having recently watched Oxford, 7/4, and you Gargs, 9/2, both struggle to put away the mighty Dagenham I can only reflect on how mean the odds are and what a paucity of talent there is in the 4th division this year.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 7:23 am

Lord Tisdale wrote:
vincent_vega wrote:
I see Argyle are currently around 4/1 to be champions.  I wonder what sort of price we will be come March time?  Taking my green tints off I like the look of 16/1 for the Orient or Stanley.

Having recently watched Oxford, 7/4, and you Gargs, 9/2, both struggle to put away the mighty Dagenham I can only reflect on how mean the odds are and what a paucity of talent there is in the 4th division this year.

Form, being either in or out of it, can swing the barometer massively one way or another. Throw in a load of concurrent injuries and there you have a classic peak and trough recipe. Our JPT game and the league game were two classic examples of the polar opposites that can occur in performance level.

I may let my heart rule my head and have a few quid as those odds, mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Odds to win the league   Odds to win the league Empty

Back to top Go down

Odds to win the league
Page 1 of 1