mouldyoldgoat
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Greenskin
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere Empty
PostSubject: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:24 pm

This news should be coming from tgwu but he has been slack today Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

So it looks like we will be playing our fixture against Carlisle elsewhere in the new year as their stadium is somewhat damp.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

pafc.co.uk wrote:
Our New Year game at Carlisle United is likely to be switched to an alternative venue.
Brunton Park is recovering from Storm Desmond, with staff having only just been able to return to the badly damaged stadium.

Carlisle officials are talking with other clubs and the football authorities regarding potential temporary venues for their forthcoming fixtures and are "mostly confident" that our Sky Bet League 2 game on January 2 will go ahead.

However, it is almost certain to be at a ground other than Brunton Park.

As a result, we have temporarily suspended ticket sales until we can confirm match arrangements.

Supporters who have already bought a ticket for the game should keep hold of it until we have such confirmation.

We are keeping in constant touch with Carlisle United and will let you know further details as and when we know them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 5:49 pm

When Argyle clinched the title on a Monday night at Darlington in 2001/02,Carlisle was my base for the weekend,having played and won there on the Saturday.Saw a photo yesterday of Warwick Road,which is quite near to Brunton Park and where i stayed in a guest house in 2002-good gracious me, the water was almost covering the cars in the street.Very flat lowland area,very susceptible to flooding,pretty much like the county cricket ground at Worcester.Must be awful for the people living there.Wonder which ground they'll use-Preston could be an option i guess.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:06 pm

my guess is hartlepool
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:13 pm

How about Gillingham?
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:31 pm

Their next 'home' game will be played at Preston's Deepdale ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:38 pm

I've heard that Somerset Park will be the venue. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Plainmoor would be handy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:08 pm

What about playing it at Havant & Waterlooville's ground? Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Tue Dec 08, 2015 10:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:41 pm

Well it definately won't be Preston as they are home that day as are Burnley, Middlesbrough and Fleetwood. I guess Blackburn, Morecambe or more likely, Hartlepool will be possible destinations.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 10:58 pm

Dumfries (QotS) must be an option. It's about 30 miles north just past Lockerbie and the impressively named Ecclefechan.

I stayed at a very nice hotel in Dumfries once.

Proper gawj.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyTue Dec 08, 2015 11:25 pm

That would be good....the furthest Argyle would have ever played away in an official match.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:44 am

What about Barrow? Shorely more convenient for 'home' fans?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 7:58 am

Gretna green fc..dont know what there grounds like but i reckon thats more like a league 2 ground
Back to top Go down
SteelCannon

SteelCannon

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Barrow. Bit small but could do the job for this match I suppose:

Gretna. Now defunct and I can't find any evidence that their ground is still open or even exists?
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 1:17 pm

SteelCannon wrote:
Barrow. Bit small but could do the job for this match I suppose:

Gretna. Now defunct and I can't find any evidence that their ground is still open or even exists?
proberly defunct now they were a league side...didnt they have a english chairman who was fanatical bankrolled the club but when he past away his family didnt continue bankrolling and they went out of buisness sure it was gretna...but not 100%
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:31 pm

Gretna F.C. renamed Gretna F.C. 2008

and plays at Raydale Park

Raydale Park is a football stadium in Gretna, Scotland, that served as the home ground of Gretna until the club resigned from the Scottish Football League in 2008.
Opened: 1946
Team: Gretna F.C. 2008
Capacity: 2,200
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyWed Dec 09, 2015 5:52 pm

Nool could run away with Jimmy and get a civil partnership and a slap up meal.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 10:18 am

I propose Carlisle away to be a fancy dress affair. Do you think they'd take offence if we turn up in speedo's with a rubber ring and arm bands?
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 11:04 am

With atrocious "land-management" policies financially incentivising farmers/landowners upland to CLEAR trees and foliage, you know, the sort of things which STORE water in the area for long periods rather than dumping it immediately downstream, this sort of thing will happen more and more.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I propose Carlisle away to be a fancy dress affair. Do you think they'd take offence if we turn up in speedo's with a rubber ring and arm bands?

I think they would quite enjoy watching exposure set in if that were all you were to wear.

Wouldn't Gateshead be a possible alternate venue?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyThu Dec 10, 2015 8:51 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
With atrocious "land-management" policies financially incentivising farmers/landowners upland to CLEAR trees and foliage, you know, the sort of things which STORE water in the area for long periods rather than dumping it immediately downstream, this sort of thing will happen more and more.

Nah, Shirley it's all about climate change.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 5:35 pm

Carlisle, It Blackburn Rovers' Ewood Park ground.

OUR January 2 fixture against Carlisle United will now take place at Blackburn Rovers' Ewood Park ground.

Because of the extensive flood damage in the area, Carlisle's Brunton Park is out of action, so Rovers have agreed to host the game instead.

We will have information on how this affects tickets sold, and to be sold, in the coming days on pafc.co.uk.

In other fixture news, our home game against Northampton Town, which was scheduled to be played on Saturday, January 9, will now be played on Tuesday, January 12. This is because of Northampton''s continuing involvement in the Emirates FA Cup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 5:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Plainmoor would be handy

lol!
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:
OUR January 2 fixture against Carlisle United will now take place at Blackburn Rovers' Ewood Park ground.

Shortens the poke a tad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Mock Cuncher wrote:

Nah, Shirley it's all about climate change.

Must be an Islam connection. And probably a few extremists involved too. Extreme weather ? extremists ? Do the maffs.

Great photo though. Not much chance of that happening high up at Home Park when the wind blows.  Especially now everybody has agreed to try their hardest to do the best they can to work toward possibly looking at keeping their house in order.
Action on fossil fuel use is now imminent, globally. I think Stapes may have started a mass movement.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere   Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle Utd game played elsewhere
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next