pepsipete
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
Hip Flask
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Hip Flask

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:07 pm

Lots of doubts and even after a near perfect start, all the talk earlier in the season begged the question, let's see where we are at Christmas, well here we are, top of the league, feels good doesn't it.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:21 pm

Feels ok, nothing more, let's see where we are when the January transfer window closes.
Back to top Go down

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:23 pm

end the year top of the table i hope then he reluctant one finally gets it and invests in Del Bhey so he can bring in a few players so we have some depth to our numbers. Or more importantly freathy isnt proved right (again) and he sells some of our key players.

but yes being top for Christmas albeit on GD is nice
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 7:58 pm

Being top at Xmas is great.

Witnessing how fragile we are as a team when a few of the core players are out, isn't so great.

Like Les says, the squad situation at the end of Jan will paint a far clearer picture.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 8:34 pm

Think we may manage to hold on to everybody, as with the injuries nobody will want them.
Back to top Go down
hippo

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 9:11 pm

I hope what Pepsi says is right but sure Mrs Santiago would like a pension pot boost, just to cover the Xmas expenses.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptySun Dec 20, 2015 10:32 pm

Of course it's good to be top at Christmas, however most Argyle fans, particularly those who've been around the block a few times have an inbuilt impending doomometer, the shit hitting the fan always seems to be just around the corner, the very few times we've been successful down the years have always been swiftly followed by disappointment. Merry Christmas santa Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:56 am

At any normal club being top at Christmas would be a cause for great optimism. But we all know what brent has planned for January. This season has never felt anything like a promotion season.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:34 am

Its unexpected, but good.

I still have concerns about the squad depth especially up front. Jervis isn't a CF (plays better on the flank) and Brunt is a tryer but lacks quality. We do need a replacement for Reid if his injury is a long one. Pompey have been able to loan Lavery from the Championship and McNulty who scored 13 in League 1 last season, can we get anyone of similar quality?
Back to top Go down

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 10:46 am

Top for Christmas is good, but it's top in May that matters.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:05 pm

santa I am putting all the negatives away and going to enjoy the Xmas period, we top and we hope it remains the same into January, I hope the rest of ADT posters will join in the Christmas spirit and back the team these coming weeks. rendeer
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 12:11 pm

Better than being bottom innit!
Enjoy the moment everybody - enjoy the moment!
cheers rendeer drunken
COYG
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 6:48 pm

Argyle have stuck in there so far and if they can carry on sticking in there, promotion will be nailed on I feel.

Argyle are having their slump at the right time, as the other top teams will have a wobble at some point between now and May. I believe that once all the injured players are back to tip-top fitness, then Argyle can only get stronger as the season chugs on.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyMon Dec 21, 2015 7:13 pm

Hope your right
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 1:40 am

I really can't lose sight of just how awful this league is and just how long we've been it. Even if the team get promoted I find it very difficult to imagine it causing most of the league 1 teams any sleepless nights. Years and years of a bottom 2 league yo-yo club is I think all this club can hope for, expect and will aspire to. Dull mediocrity for generations to come. A perpetual nightmare from which there is no waking up. There is just nothing to emotionally cling on to that might provide a crumb of comfort to suppose it could be any different.

Apart from that - just enjoy the ride. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:09 am

Hitch wrote:
I really can't lose sight of just how awful this league is and just how long we've been it. Even if the team get promoted I find it very difficult to imagine it causing most of the league 1 teams any sleepless nights. Years and years of a bottom 2 league yo-yo club is I think all this club can hope for, expect and will aspire to. Dull mediocrity for generations to come. A perpetual nightmare from which there is no waking up. There is just nothing to emotionally cling on to that might provide a crumb of comfort to suppose it could be any different.

Apart from that - just enjoy the ride. Sleep

Abslolutely. It will take a level of investment to power on from L1. With the non-investing one, IF (and it's a huge IF) we do win promotion we'll be L1 strugglers until we're inevitably relegated a season or two later.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 5:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

I believe that once all the injured players are back to tip-top fitness, then Argyle can only get stronger as the season chugs on.

There is no guarantee of that at all. I doubt Reid will stay uninjured even if he is still here?
Back to top Go down

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 6:40 pm

I wonder if Jimmy Brent really wants us to go up as it would mean he'd have to cough up more in wages with not much guarantee of increased revenue. It's good being top but overall I'm not hopeful
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. EmptyTue Dec 22, 2015 8:04 pm

Rickler wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I believe that once all the injured players are back to tip-top fitness, then Argyle can only get stronger as the season chugs on.

There is no guarantee of that at all. I doubt Reid will stay uninjured even if he is still here?

If Argyle can recapture some of the early season form that they produced, that will do for me. Regarding RR, when he does return let us hope he can play to the end of season without any major injury problems, Argyle will certainly need him at his best if they wish to get out of this shite league. I hope he does not leave the club as he has done well since he has been here.

I agree with an earlier post stating that L2 is an awful league, that is why Argyle need to get out of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Top for Christmas. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Top for Christmas.   Top for Christmas. Empty

Back to top Go down

Top for Christmas.
Page 1 of 1