harvetheslayer
Tgwu
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:12 pm

What really depresses me is the fact that have supporters who still revel in such 'banter'. They should be setting their sights a lot higher than eternal minnows Exeter and Northampton whose combined support base is less than half of ours.
What worries me is that we still have the reluctant one and his dimwitted janner jamboy set up. There is no way that DA and his best players will hang around for long, once the bigger fish come sniffing around because there is zero, cash backed ambition at HP and the creaking, village set up will not inspire the missing thousands to return.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
What really depresses me is the fact that have supporters who still revel in such 'banter'. They should be setting their sights a lot higher than eternal minnows Exeter and Northampton whose combined support base is less than half of ours.
What worries me is that we still have the reluctant one and his dimwitted janner jamboy set up. There is no way that DA and his best players will hang around for long, once the bigger fish come sniffing around because there is zero, cash backed ambition at HP and the creaking, village set up will not inspire the missing thousands to return.

Would love love to set my sights higher but Exeter and Northampton is here and now. Not my fault.
Back to top Go down
Foxy

Foxy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:26 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
No other message board would tolerate the serial twat fuksy, but he's not a bright lad so he will carry on until he's banned. even a free speech forum has its limits.

Your right he ain't, but he's a millionaire and you? Enough said. By the way whose fuksy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:29 pm

dont start Foxy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:35 pm

I know someone who loves shooting foxes. popcorn
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:35 pm

This one has just been shot
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Hallelujah.........let's hope it was fatal Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 pm

My mate Rob is good Thanks/OK
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:42 pm

maybe he is but its knowing when to stop that seems hard for some exeter fans. Thumbnsdown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 10:48 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
maybe he is but its knowing when to stop that seems hard for some exeter fans. Thumbnsdown
Rob's a farmer. They kill his chickens. he shoots them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 23, 2016 11:40 pm

BBC1 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

At least he just gets on with it! unlike some who have to gather in large groups while dressed in red and riding horses leading a pack of dogs hunting after a fox while blowing a horn.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:46 am

Great point which I had suggested pre match would be 1-1
Kept the all important gap to 4th. Ignore Northampton just play our own games one by one and we'll go up no question in one of the three auto places.
Then comes the hard work retaining Del and investing in the Summer Transfer Window. Brent will need to forget trousering cash for his Pension and I'd estimate he'd need to put £2 million on the table for Investing in Players to keep us in League 1 should we get there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:15 am

Happy with a point. Rovers are a good side and I'd back them for top 3. Gaffney and Taylor were buzzing and never stoppped moving, making our defenders work hard to contain them. Contrast that to Reid and Brunt who were stationary when the midfielders were crying out for a run and it was disappointing.

I have to reiterate my previous point. Reid and Brunt is not going to work. Stick to the formation and personnel we all know and love - that being 4-5-1 with a playmaker behind the CF. Reid looked unfit and off the pace all game, there was no closing down up front, and this is not the Argyle we are used to watching. When Brunt puushed up front, Tanner came in behind him we looked a team again. Brunt won all the headers and we got the goal.

My MOM was Simpson, and I thought that before the goal. Not a lot between him and McHugh, but Simpson made some impressive blocks, tackles, passes and touches. He always looked a a fantastic technical player but now it looks like he knows he needs to play like Carl McHugh with blood and snotters if he wants to start. The goal capped off a great performance.

Honourable mentions for Nelson, who was sublime, and Wylde, who was aggressive and terrific. He was up against a good right back and got his fair share of crosses in, but it was a shame that two big units up front couldn't make more of them.

Mellor unfortunately was suspect. At least 5 times he was absolutely rinsed by a simple one-two. I was actually a bit surprised Forster wasn't a half time sub such was the vulnerability down our right hand flank.

MOM: Simpson
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 9:20 am

You know you've had a long day when you read a report of a match you attended as if you were never at the game. Cheers EJH
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:32 am

Greenskin wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Foxy wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
Pompey scum 1 down

Fook me, they don't give a sh1te you village idiots.

Please,why don't you just feck off,you cnut.

Nah make me twit, Nool reckons your all freaks, reckon he's right.  

Don't know why i'm indulging in an argument with a semi-literate,puerile half wit but i'm getting truly pissed off with just about every thread being turned into a vacuous "banta" session by you and your amoebic mates. ATD was set up in the first place as hopefully a harder edged alternative to PASOTI ,not as a haven for cretins who support a club which the vast majority of people on here don't give a flying feck about anyway-are you not capable of understanding that simple summary?

So glad you penned that. Saved me a job.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 11:41 am

x2.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:17 pm

X3

It's getting tiresome seeing every thread ruined by irrelevant inane drivel. If ECFC fans have to post make it on one thread where I don't have to read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 12:23 pm

Angry wrote:
BBC1 wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

At least he just gets on with it! unlike some who have to gather in large groups while dressed in red and riding horses leading a pack of dogs hunting after a fox while blowing a horn.

Keep up angers that's been banned for over a decade now since when people like me and Rob are shooting lots more foxes to protect our chickens, it's a dirty job but someone's got to do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:46 pm

Can Lord Tossdale be banned next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Agree with most of ejh's summary but I thought Brunt played really well and was probably my MoM, followed by McHugh. Brunt won everything in the air and played the ball off properly each time.

Thought Wylde flattered to deceive a little bit. He had the beating of his full back but opted to cross from too far out, too often, for my liking. It meant he didn't often clear the first defender in the middle. Needs a bit more self-confidence, as he's bleddy rapid.

We definitely deserved a point and I would have felt ripped off by a 1-0 defeat.

Can't see us not going up, barring another injury crisis of epic proportions.

Hungover to buggery.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 4:31 pm

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Can Lord Tossdale be banned next?

If he behaves like the other two did last night then yes he will
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 5:18 pm

Tis is a real bitter fella, but he's consistent. He'll throw a couple insults (he'll generally get a few back) then he'll back off. That's pretty much par for the course on most raucous forums.

Foxy on the other hand is a Grade A humour-lacking illiterate simpleton.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 7:23 pm

An unpopular fellow.......
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:11 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Kept the all important gap to 4th. Ignore Northampton just play our own games one by one and we'll go up no question in one of the three auto places.
Then comes the hard work retaining Del and investing in the Summer Transfer Window. Brent will need to forget trousering cash for his Pension and I'd estimate he'd need to put £2 million on the table for Investing in Players to keep us in League 1 should we get there
Might be wrong but can't remember clubs knocking our door for Luggy when we won Lge 2 last time.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 24, 2016 8:22 pm

tigertony wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Might be wrong but can't remember clubs knocking our door for Luggy when we won Lge 2 last time.

According to his book,he turned down offers from Preston and Watford during his first spell-doesn't give any indication of when the approaches were made but sought after he was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread    Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Bristol Rovers v Plymouth Argyle Match day thread
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next