Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 2:15 pm

...is an MK Dons left back who has been in talks. He wasn't promised 1st team football and so will take his chances elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 4:11 pm

'promised 1st team football' is always one I don't get. What arrogance.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 4:42 pm

dont need another left back in anycase may aswell have purrington carry on backing up sawyer
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:29 pm

Are you sure it was Ben Chilwell? Thought he was the bloke on loan to Huddersfield from Leicester who Liverpool are trying to buy.Perhaps there's two of them?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:58 pm

Has this come from the same bloke who said Nelson was firmly on his bike?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 7:57 pm

No. This came from Chilwell himself.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 8:00 pm

Correction:

Leicester left back. He was born in Milton Keynes.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:30 am

Not a cat in hells chance-he's been playing regularly for Huddersfield in the championship and Klopp wants him at Liverpool-Klopp's mate is manager at Huddersfield.Wires crossed there somewhere.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:49 am

I'm sure you know better than the player himself does.

Sorry for posting it.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:03 pm

How did you come into contact with a 19 year old left back from Leicester to be discussing his loan options with him?

Also, are you still confident that Curtis Nelson is as good as gone?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'm sure you know better than the player himself does.

Sorry for posting it.

I'm not trying to be nasty or anything but why the hell would a player who is part of a potential premier league winning squad,has been playing regularly in the championship and is sought after by Liverpool have any particular desire to drop down to Argyle's level? If we were in the CCC still,then there may be something in it but ....well,i'll just say that i hope you're right and leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 1:30 pm

I didn't meet Chilwell. The son of a friend, that I have known for decades, did.

He is at university doing a Sports Journalism course, in Cheltenham should you be really interested in irrelevant detail, and Chilwell was brought in to give them interview practice. My mate's boy interviewed him and in response to a "what have you been doing lately?" humdinger of a question that was what he said.

Is that good enough?

As for Nelson I have no further info. I assume things stay as they were with a pre-contract agreement with a CCC club being in place and his departure imminent. Let's just hang on and see where he starts next season, shall we?

As an aside to the Nelson thing the words Wolverhampton and Wanderers have wound their way to my ears but they have pretty dodgy provenance and I wouldn't claim any confidence about them at all.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:05 pm

Is there a possibility that he knew the bloke interviewing him had a Plymouth connection, and so he decided to throw in a little piss-take at the interviewers expense?
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:07 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Is there a possibility that he knew the bloke interviewing him had a Plymouth connection, and so he decided to throw in a little piss-take at the interviewers expense?

or the story was made up by the guy who old sir frank?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Not being there I can't be sure but this seems rather far-fetched.

I suppose it could be true.

Or I could be right which seems far more likely.

Not that it matters much because he's not coming anyway.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:17 pm

Sorry Sir Frank. you're sounding a bit of a goon on this one. The son of a friend ? ever thought the son was winding his dad up, and as above, footballers just lurv spoofing for fun. It's in their genes.
I'll eat my chocolate hat if this one materialises.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:24 pm

You'll eat your hat if Chilwell doesn't sign?

That's an interesting position to adopt.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:54 pm

I obviously have misread your post. So Ben whoever he is, of the premier league club, ISN't coming to Argyle ? What a strange post.
Maybe indicative of the fine education offered in our wonderful schools. I think the kids need to be taught a few street skills, if this gem is anything to go by.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:34 pm

And you could brush up on comprehension a little too, dear boy.

There was no ambiguity in anything I posted.

See what is there not what you hope to see.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 3:52 pm

Shouldn't this be in rumours? popcorn I love how wound up Porky used to get about rumours, seems he's not the only one. Personally I love a good rumour, never heard one yet that wound me up apart from one about an old girl friend and an old school friend. Turned out there was some truth in it only he wasn't shagging my girl friend but the girl friend of the guy that told me. I love a bit of irony as well.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 4:09 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I comprehend well enough for my purposes. Stick to the maffs. Very Happy
I didn't say there was ambiguity. I said I misread the post.
And best to leave out the Tringy teacher thing. Most unbecoming, and already copyright.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:15 pm

Arsenal have been linked with him lately-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 12:28 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

I comprehend well enough for my purposes. Stick to the maffs. Very Happy
I didn't say there was ambiguity. I said I misread the post.
And best to leave out the Tringy teacher thing. Most unbecoming, and already copyright.

I was never cut out to be a teacher anyway. Sort of got trapped. Bit like getting involved with Argiggle..................
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:45 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Arsenal have been linked with him lately-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So he's contracted to the Premier League leaders, a regular starter out on loan in the Championship at Huddersfield, Arsenal and Liverpool want to buy him, but he won't come to Argyle because he won't get first team football.

Quite a difficult player to gauge the level of then.
Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... EmptyMon Feb 01, 2016 1:47 pm

I honestly wish these top 4 clubs would stop scavenging our left sided defensive targets. It happens every January.

Man Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool - get your own left backs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ben Chilwell... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ben Chilwell...   Ben Chilwell... Empty

Back to top Go down

Ben Chilwell...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: