harvetheslayer
Coxside_Green
Czarcasm
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. Empty
PostSubject: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:33 pm

How many home games is that now we have lost? We cannot depend on away form to see us into the top three after 46 games.

46. What a number. How apt.

Their goalkeeper coach gets put on the bench, gets called upon, then gets fuckin ZERO in the way of being meaningfully tested.

EARN YOUR FUCKIN' MONEY, ADAMS. THAT WAS FUCKIN' SHITE. AND IT AIN'T GOOD ENOUGH AT HOME.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:40 pm

Reminds me of the Holloway days, decent away performances often followed by a disappointing home performance. Back then I believed we lacked the quality in breaking down teams happy to park the proverbial bus. Difficult to believe the same is happening now though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 5:45 pm

every other team has strengthen their squads with depth yet  we seem to have done jack shit really other than boot 2 out and let a young player go while we bring 2 unfit loanees in which one of them still hasnt made an appearance.

So if it comes to pass that on monday feb 1st at 2301 we have a squad thats smaller then when the window opened with no one coming in especially a midfielder of boateng's illk if not boateng himself plus another, i would like us all to admit the title is out of the question and we will be lucky to scrape promotion by finishing 3rd at best.

del bhey and the players Will not be absolved from their part but if we fail to go up automatically and miss out on winning the play offs i will place the blame solely at brents door as yet again he failed to back a manager capable of getting us out of this shit league.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:07 pm

They lose their first choice keeper to QPR. Happy Days.

They are forced to play the young kid reserve. Happy Days.

He goes off injured and on comes a 46yr old footballing pensioner. Happy Days.

Argyle are so shit creating anything at Home Park that the old man could be sucking Werthers Originals all game and still not get too bothered, save the odd routine weak effort for him to fall upon.

Adams needs to stand up and be counted. Sort out this appalling home form, NOW.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:19 pm

So Brent (and Adams) have what 30 hours to conjure up at least two players out of somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:24 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
So Brent (and Adams) have what 30 hours to conjure up at least two players out of somewhere

they had a month to be fair
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySat Jan 30, 2016 6:40 pm

I detest Brent as much as the next man, but I'm objective enough to know that Argyles shite home form cannot be attributed to him.

This one falls at Adams door I'm afraid. When you have a decent enough squad to do what we do away from home, there is no excuse for the home form we are producing.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:30 am

Adams is about the best we've had since Holloway. The one thing that struck me last week against Rovers was all our loanees were on the bench. Maybe something maybe nothing.

We've not made one single permanent signing this window. We have about 12 players of our own we can say are good enough.

This is a promotion we can only lose and at the moment it seems our reluctant owner is happy to derail it.

I dont need to say much more about the anger I feel.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 2:43 am

How many of our 'out of contract' players have already spoke to other clubs? None of them have a future here.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 9:15 am

Wonder why we are so shit at home?  Is it the cabbage field of a pitch being only suitable for hoofball?  Other teams routinely 'parking the bus' and hitting us on the break?  I didn't go yesterday because I knew it would be shit but I did go v Stevenage.  In that one first half we were very good but following a couple of changes made by Stevenage after the break we were suddenly ultra shite.  Maybe its because we are just plain shit full stop but been very lucky away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:04 am

Small squads get Sussed, it's easier to stop a team playing when you know their one or two threats and negate them it's what this league is all about. The away v home form is quite bizarre. I still think we need another 3 or four decent players and we'd piss this league.
Back to top Go down
Greenlander

Greenlander

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 11:44 am

Freathy wrote:
Maybe its because we are just plain shit full stop but been very lucky away.

What is it 9 wins and only 2 defeats away? That may be many things but I'm not sure it's luck.

I do agree that we've generally been shit at home for most of the season though - and actually been quite lucky to grab the a couple of the wins we have managed.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:17 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Small squads get Sussed, it's easier to stop a team playing when you know their one or two threats and negate them it's what this league is all about. The away v home form is quite bizarre. I still think we need another 3 or four decent players and we'd piss this league.

As Adams said before the game "we have a tight squad, thirteen players on contract and five loanees plus the younger players", on that basis it's impressive he has managed the squad to our current league position - clearly.
However, of course it's Adams job to get a team out at home that will win. But it's a huge but, but it is UP TO THE BOARD AND OWNER TO ADEQUATELY FINANCE A TEAM THAT MAY GET PROMOTION.
So far no evidece of this from Brent s usual and no direct words of encouragement from the reluctant one within his football austerity plan.
I still say this club in the longer term is not going to sustain consistent success under Brent.
So still hoping for promotion and change of owner before too long.
BRENT OUT!
ADAMS IN
cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:24 pm

I can't see Brent going for a long, long time. Why would he ? He's making sure the club runs at a profit, he only works at it half a day a week, and he still has designs on the area. I can see him becoming the club's landlord soon, by taking the stadium off the club's hands, and Nool will praise him for doing so, and will be grateful for the huge rent. God help them then. Might turn out to be another Coventry.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:27 pm

Coxside_Green wrote:
Reminds me of the Holloway days, decent away performances often followed by a disappointing home performance.  Back then I believed we lacked the quality in breaking down teams happy to park the proverbial bus.  Difficult to believe the same is happening now though.

I wholeheartedly agree with the observation about Holloway's team and can see the similarities now (or at least think I can because I haven't been to any away games this season).

Nostalgia tinges how the Holloway team is rememberered. It was total football, triangles, tiki taka, never a chance missed, never a chance allowed, 8-0 wins every week. Or at least you'd think so given much of what is said.

As I recall there was lots of moaning about aimless hoofing up towards SEB and Hayles who were both too short to win the ball and home crowds dwindled away. In our last home hame under Holloway we won 3-0 v Norwich in front of about 11,000 fans even though we had, just about, the highest league position ever and certainly the best in most living memories (unless David Smith's Pilgrims just pipped them).

Our success then was built on the back of away wins and Charlton, Sheff Utd, Watford, QPR all spring to mind.

And it all seems very similar now. Great results away from home but less good at home.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:29 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
I can't see Brent going for a long, long time. Why would he ? He's making sure the club runs at a profit, and he still has designs on the area. I can see him becoming the club's landlord soon, and Nool will praise him for his huge rent. God help them then. Might turn out to be another Coventry.

Depressingly I think your right Biro, after all he seems to be well protected as Tring says by the jamboys and a majority of the fanbase consistently happy with being saved by the reluctant one and not easily grasping the concept of AMBITION.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. EmptySun Jan 31, 2016 12:38 pm

I also feel it is ours to lose, should that occur adams will get the blame. Think it was commented on thatvwe sign a bury reserve and a croc from hibs.....talk about push the boat out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.   Being so shit at home is gonna cost us. Empty

Back to top Go down

Being so shit at home is gonna cost us.
Page 1 of 1