Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Positive progress by James Brent

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GreenMill

Positive progress by James Brent Empty
PostSubject: Positive progress by James Brent   Positive progress by James Brent EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:13 pm

The announcements by James Brent today are a positive step in the right direction. And he should be applauded. I am delighted to see Peter Jones back on the Board – and I am delighted that the other members of the board have either football financing experience or come from businesses which put the ‘customer experience’ front and centre. It looks, on paper, like a good combination of local knowledge and wider expertise. And a signal of intent as to what the Club will be known for.

As someone who ultimately hopes Plymouth Argyle will become a community-owned not just community-oriented club, the offer of 20% to the Trust and the appointment of the Fans Supervisory board are also very positive steps. James Brent has been direct and honest in all his dealings with us so far, and this is the latest evidence of that. He promised supporter engagement and he has gone beyond what any previous board has considered and what only a few other clubs have got.

The principles on which the club should be run make a great deal of sense – they offer an achievable vision but remind everyone to be realistic about ‘when’ they can be achieved. We’ve been in a car-crash and it will take far longer to recover than it took for the ‘crash’ to happen.

Finally, on the subject of mentoring, accepting ‘mentoring’ is not an admission of failure, it is an expression of a desire to improve and succeed. The appointment of a mentor to Fletcher – and Fletcher’s realization that he needs one - is therefore another progressive step.

In fact, that’s the word that comes to mind about all these announcements: ‘progressive’. Argyle at its best in my memory and that of my late father’s has been progressive, whether it’s been taking a chance on managers with their own ideas like Allison, Waiters, Shilton and Sturrock or innovating new concepts like Bill Pearce’s lottery or the Green, White memberships.

I hope this new joint-board of Pilgrims make great progress. The intentions spelt out today give me confidence that, although there will be inevitable difficulties along the way, the Club will be in very good hands.

Now, if can just get those three points today....
Back to top Go down

Positive progress by James Brent Empty
PostSubject: Re: Positive progress by James Brent   Positive progress by James Brent EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 1:22 pm

The appointed board certainly do look good. Any news on any questions asked by the general public?
Back to top Go down

Positive progress by James Brent
Page 1 of 1