Go down 
+2
harvetheslayer
Tgwu
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth Argyle arrests  Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptyFri Feb 26, 2016 9:59 pm

Police hopeful of Plymouth Argyle arrests after flares thrown onto Yeovil Town pitch

Police are hopeful of identifying the culprits who throw smoke devices onto the pitch during a Yeovil Town match against Plymouth Argyle.

The Sky Bet League Two game on Tuesday night (February 23) was stopped for several minutes as the devices were cleared by Glovers ground staff, with a length injury time of six minutes added on as a result.

A police spokesman said the devices were not flares, as initially thought, but said the combustible contraptions can be equally as dangerous.

"You can't be sure who made them or what they have got in them, and they can give people real breathing difficulties," he said.
Related content

Yeovil Town v Plymouth Argyle match interrupted as Pilgrims fans throw flares onto the pitch
REPORT: Yeovil Town 0-0 Plymouth Argyle - Frantic play but no goals at Huish Park

"We haven't had any at Huish Park for a long time but it's worrying because the home club can incur the wrath of the FA even if it's the away fans using them.

"Police have reviewed the CCTV and sent it to colleagues in Devon who are going to try to identify those responsible.

"I am quite hopeful that people will be spoken to at the very least."

Throwing such devices onto a football pitch is an arrestable offence and can carry a banning order if the perpetrator is found guilty.

There was a strong police presence at the match as the travelling Pilgrims sold out their away allocation. Visiting fans are generally searched on their way into the ground, although there were some issues ahead of the game as many Plymouth supporters had to wait until just before kickoff to enter the stadium.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:59 am

Tgwu wrote:

There was a strong police presence at the match as the travelling Pilgrims sold out their away allocation. Visiting fans are generally searched on their way into the ground,

No there not !! At Newport my 4 lads all under 16 (just) got searched despite I understand them not being subject to it because of age. Me by my own admission looking like a bear because of what I was wearing walked straight past them with an idiotic grin, turned back to them and said what about me with a laugh !!

It only takes one and I could have had anything stuffed under the jackets bounce
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 8:28 am

Bloody village idiots do they think there at the San Siro or somethink not yeovil away jeez
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:13 am

It no doubt adds a bit of perceived excitement to their sad loser lives.
Just like the boys pretending to be hard men when they trashed the Minerva.
The most unfortunate thing about this incident is that it's going to give the club a negative image.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 9:46 am

First it was Elburton, then Yeovil. The world's gone mad.
I reckon itching powder could be the next big thing.
Lock up these extremists.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 11:55 am

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 pm

I reckon there will be at least 1 smoke bomb at home park this afternoon. popcorn
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptySat Feb 27, 2016 12:39 pm

BBC1 wrote:
I reckon there will be at least 1 smoke bomb at home park this afternoon. popcorn

That was a mean Vindaloo last night...........

I wonder if any of the Pasoti crew would think that throwing pints around in the hospitality suite or charging at stewards saying "do you know who I am" constitutes a banning?! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  EmptyMon Feb 29, 2016 10:22 pm

Surely 'no' arrests .......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth Argyle arrests    Plymouth Argyle arrests  Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth Argyle arrests
Page 1 of 1