Czarcasm
RegGreen
harvetheslayer
VillageGreen
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 4:49 pm

so should we use this game to rest a few key players and play some of the fringe players in order to keep them fresh for pompey or do we go all out against Hartlepool and go for the draw?
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:23 pm

Hard decision for DA to make, play a weakened side and scrape a win (or draw), play a full strength side to keep the team motivated and keen for the upcoming POs.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 6:43 pm

Full strength team no question
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 7:30 pm

Wonder who will be injured/sent off and will miss the playoffs.
I'm going Graham Carey affraid
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:24 pm

Adams will want a win, momentum.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm

Angry wrote:
so should we use this game to rest a few key players and play some of the fringe players in order to keep them fresh for pompey or do we go all out against Hartlepool and go for the draw?
do matter who plays we will still be S@[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] angers Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:27 pm

I'd deffo rest Carey. And Matt, actually.

The rest of them are in such mediocre form, any injuries won't necessarily weaken the side. Well apart from Luke. But that's only because he has zero realistic competition.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyMon May 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Prappppppper player that bhey tyler harvey he will save us i jocolor ...... lol!
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 2:34 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
I'd deffo rest Carey. And Matt, actually.

The rest of them are in such mediocre form, any injuries won't necessarily weaken the side. Well apart from Luke. But that's only because he has zero realistic competition.  
his form of late has been a bit suspect...maybe give the new french keeper a run out and see how he shapes up cos you never know if LMc ever got injured
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:13 pm

Fitting end to a season of miserable failure

Argo 0 -2 Hartlepool
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:36 pm

Off-Topic

I have just read over the road there that Adams is being linked to the Dundee United job, 8/1.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

More here - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just had a look on the DUFC forum and not one person has mentioned Adams for the new manager role as yet. Hollowords is mentioned though.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Tue May 03, 2016 11:11 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 10:52 pm

Rest everybody.

Anybody who is even slightly injured or who could pick up a suspension should be rested.

Give all of the benchwarmers a game so that they are a) up to speed and b) Adams can assess whether they could be more useful than he thought in match conditions.

The Hartlepool game just doesn't matter a jot.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyTue May 03, 2016 11:44 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Off-Topic

I have just read over the road there that Adams is being linked to the Dundee United job, 8/1.

Just had a look on the DUFC forum and not one person has mentioned Adams for the new manager role as yet. Hollowords is mentioned though.

let him go i say but he has to take brent with him though.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:09 am

Anybody who blames Adams for taking us to the playoffs on a shoestring budget is mental.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:05 am

anyone who thinks its all brent and no one else has any part big or small in it is an deluded idiot.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:32 am

jocolor Phenomenal.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 10:56 am

Amsterdamage wrote:
jocolor Phenomenal.

then rather than be a dick why not explain why del bhey has no part in any of this and its all down to brent. try civilised debate.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 11:45 am

It can't be denied that since Xmas, virtually every one of the 11 that take to the pitch regularly have had periods where they've been pretty crap. Some of them alarmingly prolonged periods. Where Brent shoulders a huge amount of blame, is that the resources weren't there to maintain a big enough squad to be able to drop players who are/were playing shite.

Adams does take a proportion of blame because, for whatever reason, he hasn't been able to find a formula to keep those players ticking over at the level they were at Pre-Xmas.

Brent ultimately holds the keys to enabling us to potentially succeed. But there are other significant contributory factors.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 12:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:
jocolor Phenomenal.

then rather than be a dick why not explain why del bhey has no part in any of this and its all down to brent. try civilised debate.

Sorry thought you still had me on ignore. geek I think that Adams should be absolved of most if not all the blame because he hasn't been backed by the chairman, for a source to such a claim read your signature.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 2:00 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
It can't be denied that since Xmas, virtually every one of the 11 that take to the pitch regularly have had periods where they've been pretty crap. Some of them alarmingly prolonged periods. Where Brent shoulders a huge amount of blame, is that the resources weren't there to maintain a big enough squad to be able to drop players who are/were playing shite.

Adams does take a proportion of blame because, for whatever reason, he hasn't been able to find a formula to keep those players ticking over at the level they were at Pre-Xmas.

Brent ultimately holds the keys to enabling us to potentially succeed. But there are other significant contributory factors.  

Thats pretty much my view too so no need to repeat it other than to say i agree.

Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Angry wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Thats pretty much my view too so no need to repeat it other than to say i agree.

It seems to be one of your views, firstly regards your signature which seems to place the blame squarely on Brent's shoulders then secondly on the shoulders of Adams for not changing games when you also seem to blame Brent for not giving him enough players? I just can't square one with the other, either Adams has worked wonders with one of the smallest budgets in the league resulting in a playoff place ie. Underfunded by Brent or Brent has backed Adams sufficiently in which case he has dropped short of the automatic placing that such a budget should result in? You seem to be running with the fox and the hounds.
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 7:41 pm

Angry wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Off-Topic

let him go i say but he has to take brent with him though.

Adams agent placing that one, either that or Coach Budge has a hotline to Del Bhey!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:18 pm

Before a ball had been kicked this season, I would gladly have settled for a play off place.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 8:46 pm

pepsipete wrote:
Before a ball had been kicked this season,  I would gladly have settled for a play off place.

What about when we were miles clear at the top of the league? Would you still have been happy with 5th or 6th then?
Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread EmptyWed May 04, 2016 9:25 pm

Another question to ask is how many teams that have been top by our margin at Christmas haven't been promoted? Not many.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hartlepool thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: hartlepool thread   hartlepool thread Empty

Back to top Go down

hartlepool thread
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next