The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reserves promoted

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

Reserves promoted Empty
PostSubject: Reserves promoted   Reserves promoted EmptyMon May 23, 2016 11:39 pm

The reserves (sorry, 'Development squad') got promoted from the Peninsula League West to the Peninsula Premier. They finished second, behind Mousehole (Mouzhull) but get promoted instead because Mousehole have a f*ckin stupid name.

Should mean a (slightly) better quality of opposition for the stiffs next season - Parkway, Tiverton and Bodmin etc rather than village sides they were playing before.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/

Reserves promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserves promoted   Reserves promoted EmptyTue May 24, 2016 12:01 am

they are still poor opposition for our young players who we want to be able to play in the first team eventually. they need to be tested and to develop and i dont think playing bodmin will do that with all respect to them.

i rather a development league created featuring us, exeter, torquay, truro, swindon, bristol c, rovers, yeovil, cheltenham and maybe tiverton weymouth n weston and play our development sides in that.
A nice mixture of teams and no doubt more beneficial then playing village sides. Plus im sure the games might draw some folks into watching so little bit ore money.
Back to top Go down

Reserves promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserves promoted   Reserves promoted EmptyTue May 24, 2016 8:45 am

Angry wrote:
they are still poor opposition for our young players who we want to be able to play in the first team eventually. they need to be tested and to develop and i dont think playing bodmin will do that with all respect to them.

i rather a development league created featuring us, exeter, torquay, truro, swindon, bristol c, rovers, yeovil, cheltenham and maybe tiverton weymouth n weston and play our development sides in that.
A nice mixture of teams and no doubt more beneficial then playing village sides. Plus im sure the games might draw some folks into watching so little bit ore money.

There was such a thing the Football Combination, Argyle used to compete in the Wales and West Division and we used to play up at Ladysmead. We even won it once!!

The Premier League forcing the EPPP (Elite Player Performance Plan) in 2011 deemed it surplus to requirements as a load of clubs closed their academies
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Reserves promoted Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reserves promoted   Reserves promoted Empty

Back to top Go down

Reserves promoted
Page 1 of 1