Tringreen
Rickler
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Brexit Voter Turnout... Empty
PostSubject: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 5:35 am

How many will participate in the Brexit vote?

The approx 60% voter participation of the 21st century, or the 70% spectrum turnout of the five decades earlier? ( [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] )

Or something more extreme?

Any guesses as to the percentage of the final voter participation and of the final in and out vote?

To kick things off..  I'll go 73.4% participation and 54% to 46% remain.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 5:58 am

69% turnout.......... 53% Remain

Think the murder of Jo Cox will sway most of the the undecided.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 7:44 am

Tringreen wrote:
69%  turnout.......... 53% Remain

Why?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 7:50 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
69%  turnout.......... 53% Remain

Why?

Because the thinking voters might want to leave Europe but they won't want 'Blood on the streets' Nigel to win. and probably end up with an unelected seat in the Lords.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:10 pm

If you read the Gaurdian Ricks you'd realise that we are the pawns or the right wing hate movement, it infiltrates every facet of our lives.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:14 pm

To answer the OP, I'd estimate approximately a 75% turnout. The bookies have Remain as favourite and they're rarely wrong, especially in a 2 horse race. My guess, 56/44 Remain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 3:23 pm

I think it will be won by a one per cent margin either way. I think if the government had been honest in their campaign without the scare stories we would be out with a higher than ten percent margin.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 4:06 pm

71% turnout.....53% leave, 47% remain.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptySun Jun 19, 2016 4:19 pm

48% turnout with 54% leave and 52% remain result.

PS. maths was never my strongest subject! Rolling Eyes

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:41 pm

What happens if it's 50/50?

Extra time? Penalties?

Dave and George v Boris and Nige in a wrestling tag match?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 3:46 pm

65% Turnout.

55%:45% Remain:Leave

Although I think we'll see unprecedented numbers of spoiled ballot papers.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 5:35 pm

Homeslice wrote:
To answer the OP, I'd estimate approximately a 75% turnout. The bookies have Remain as favourite and they're rarely wrong, especially in a 2 horse race. My guess, 56/44 Remain.

For the umpteenth time the bookies aren't forecasting the result they are balancing a book, it just means more people have placed bets on remain than leave. Given that the gov is backing remain that alone would make people weigh in on that outcome.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 5:45 pm

I believe that there are still around 10% of the voters who are still undecided.

How many will vote if still undecided?

How many will simply err on the side of caution and vote remain.

The next three days could make or break a campaign!
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 5:46 pm

[quote="Amsterdamage"]
Homeslice wrote:
Given that the gov is backing remain that alone would make people weigh in on that outcome.

Why, if as you say, the leave argument is so strong?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:47 pm

I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of people struggle to make up their minds at all. I also think the public have been lied to by the government, leave is portrayed in the worst possible terms, if you had any faith in the truth telling ability of the government you'd have to say remain. Luckily I'm independant in thought and actions and a politician is the last person I'd listen to.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 6:54 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of people struggle to make up their minds at all. I also think the public have been lied to by the government, leave is portrayed in the worst possible terms, if you had any faith in the truth telling ability of the government you'd have to say remain. Luckily I'm independant in thought and actions and a politician is the last person I'd listen to.

I'm not suprised that many are confused. Both sides have just as bad as eachother with their lies and tactics.

As I've stated before, I want us to stay in and change the EU from within.

On a side note, can you honestly tell me that you would be happy for people like Johnson and Farage to lead the UK???

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:23 pm

Do you honestly think you can change the EU? When's the next vote for that?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:27 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Do you honestly think you can change the EU? When's the next vote for that?

Yes, I do think that the EU can be changed from within. It will be up to our politicians and up to the electorate.

We all complain about the EU but why not ask for MEPs who are prepared to act as a group and lobby for change.
The trouble is, in reality, nobody actually cares about trying to change the EU.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:37 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Amsterdamage wrote:

I'm not suprised that many are confused. Both sides have just as bad as eachother with their lies and tactics.

As I've stated before, I want us to stay in and change the EU from within.

On a side note, can you honestly tell me that you would be happy for people like Johnson and Farage to lead the UK???

When the alternative is Cameron/Osborne there's little to choose between them!

Devil? Or Deep Blue Sea?

Whatever... It's hardly right breasty dumpling or left beasty dumpling, is it?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 7:54 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

The trouble is, in reality, nobody actually cares about trying to change the EU.

Thank you. That in a nutshell is what the EU is about. This institution is so large, undemocratic, unaccountable and so arrogant that they've manoeuvred and schemed their way to power.

The will of the people will ultimately be their undoing but not for years should the remainers win the vote.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 8:57 pm

And the economy Europe wide is shrinking, youth unemployment like we've never seen and like it or not it's not just about us in and out you have to look at the broader picture.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:03 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:

Thank you. That in a nutshell is what the EU is about. This institution is so large, undemocratic, unaccountable and so arrogant that they've manoeuvred and schemed their way to power.

The will of the people will ultimately be their undoing but not for years should the remainers win the vote.

I agree and the call for change is a lot stronger across the european electorate. Everybody here is following the referendum closely and now strting to express their own concerns.

People power can get things changed if the people can be bothered.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 9:04 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
And the economy Europe wide is shrinking, youth unemployment like we've never seen and like it or not it's not just about us in and out you have to look at the broader picture.

Have you seen the latest figures?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:10 pm

Yes, I was only reading the youth unemployment figures earlier, check them out for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... EmptyMon Jun 20, 2016 10:12 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
Yes, I was only reading the youth unemployment figures earlier, check them out for yourself.

I can't find them. Embarassed Embarassed

Hang on......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brexit Voter Turnout...   Brexit Voter Turnout... Empty

Back to top Go down

Brexit Voter Turnout...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next