+2
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

We're going to need a new flag Empty
PostSubject: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:26 pm

If, as seems likely, Scotland and Northern Ireland break away from the UK the Union as we know it will be gone and Britain as we know it will know longer exist.

What will remain is a pared down version consisting only of England in Wales and it'll need a new flag because the Union (which no longer exists) Flag

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

has elements in it representing Ireland

and Scotland.

If we remove these and factor in something to represent Wales (strangely omitted at present) we are left with:

This rather fussy. A simpler riff on the same theme:

I quite like this one but the dragon is the wrong colour so the heraldry is all wrong:

With the dragon the right colour:

Or maybe:

Which one would we like?

Or any other suggestions?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 1:41 pm

I think I prefer this. It will sort of reflect our 51st state status. After all, we do need to belong to something.

The perfect flag for Airstrip One. I'm a bit worried about Eurasia though. Let's get 'em. COYRWB !

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:35 pm

Anything but that big blue one with gold stars in a circle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 2:57 pm

I have never liked blue in a flag. I know it represents the sea for many, but I see it as purloined by the royal/establishment bunch. It has also become the colour of choice for a certain sort of football club in these islands, as in Rangers/Celtic and Everton/Liverpool.

Fascinating subject, colour. Deeply significant from emotions to chakras. The christian influence has had a big effect on flag colours, and they have sadly seen to virtually getting rid of the colour black. I like black in my flag of perceived identity, and fortunately, I have it. The Bretons have it as well, and is one of my favourite flags
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 3:35 pm

Feckin flag wavers.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 4:04 pm

Better than flag burners
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:40 pm

UK (Scotland): Independence referendum poll (Sunday Post): Yes: 65% (+20) No: 35% (-20).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

Is the Sunday Post in charge of such things? lol!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
UK (Scotland): Independence referendum poll (Sunday Post): Yes: 65% (+20) No: 35% (-20).

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 8:04 pm

Here's another one.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:41 pm

What about the George Cross?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 9:49 pm

Where would the Welsh part of that be?

Besides England has a flag already... So far as I know England/Wales does not.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:46 pm

Where is Wales represented in the current one?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:50 pm

Rickler wrote:
Where is Wales represented in the current one?

It isn't - as I'm sure you know. This is a chance to put that right.

I'm not sure why not. Is it because we English defeated them millitarily whereas the others were brought into the Union voluntarily?

Have to admit I'm guessing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:56 pm

What's bought on this sudden sense of nationalism then? Anyway it's the stars were losing not Scotland, they had their vote and decided to stay with us.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 10:58 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
What's bought on this sudden sense of nationalism then? Anyway it's the stars were losing not Scotland, they had their vote and decided to stay with us.

They won't next time.

And the mandate to have a second referendum is there in the SNP manifesto from the last election.

Scotland is still with us in exactly the same way we are still with the EU.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptySun Jun 26, 2016 11:06 pm

Feck me but you are not only boring you constantly spout shite. I've never heard so much shite talked about with such authority, give it a rest FFS, it's over you lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptyMon Jun 27, 2016 9:04 am

Here's Jimmy Brent's flag. He's good at creating and presiding over disunity. It could work for the  UK, it's got a lion and everything. A bit of ironic gold too.

Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 12:50 am

Wouldn't this one be more apt?

Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 1:18 am

[quote="Sir Francis Drake"]If, as seems likely, Scotland and Northern Ireland break away from the UK the Union as we know it will be gone and Britain as we know it will know longer exist.

What will remain is a pared down version consisting only of England in Wales and it'll need a new flag because the Union (which no longer exists)

This one is good - resembles the cross on Britians Got Talent and we ain't got any talent so ....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: We're going to need a new flag   We're going to need a new flag Empty

Back to top Go down

We're going to need a new flag
Page 1 of 1