Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

13 August and they're still planning fund raising

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

13 August and they're still planning fund raising Empty
PostSubject: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I see the Pasoti legions are planning further fund raising activities for the first home game of the season.

Obviously, they subconsciuosly think the staff will still not be paid by then. I'm beginning to think some of these people have become addicted to the 'crusade' .. they'll almost be disappointed if the fun has to stop.... what will Sue and Ted Bovis do with themselves ? will they turn out to be just one trick ponies, as we all know Pasoti has had quite a few of them in the past, isn't that right IJN ?

I expect Ridsdale has already got a ruse up his sleeve to tap into this Big Society momentum ... would be silly to lose such willing lambs, perhaps he'll ask for volunteers to replace some of the staff's jobs, thereby ensuring a biger pension pot for hinmself... I'm sure he'll have plenty of volunteers to replace the jobs, they're gagging for it. Groundsmen for starters, watch this space, in fact perhaps he could run the whole club on a 'work experience' gig..... how charitable and wonderful is that. What a man, what a heart Laughing

Last edited by penzancepirate on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:35 pm

If we don't have funds by then, surely we'll not have any players to fulfil the fixture anyway? Now, fund-raising to be stocked up and used to buy the club or even start afresh - that I could empathise with.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:39 pm

Sadly, I don't think tht's what the money is earmarked for. Why, the trust can't even keep hold of their own subscriptions, let alone any fund raising monies ... the GTs have made sure of that. And let's not forget the potential 350k of fans' money funneled down Stape's way and well out of reach of those pesky fans. They only now get their money back once the club has been sold on... can't have fans getting beyond their station and getting ideas... whose club is it ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:59 pm

My biggest concern now is the Football League.

They will be so desperate to make sure that the league starts with 72 clubs they will bend over backwards and allow Ridders and Heaney to do anything they want. Rather then forcing the fekkers out, they will break the rules so that the illusion of a healthy football league continues.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:46 pm

I think you're probably right Frank, I have always thought we'd start next season because that's what always happens, and on one level I'd be happy. The question then is what happens next?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 11:43 pm

Guilfoyle might want the matter concluded this week, but he's going to be disappointed. Ridsdale may well also be outwardly confident, but I suspect the League still won't be happy enough to hand over the golden share this week ... I just can't see it happening so soon with what has publicly transpired so far, and while it might suit Peter Reid, I don't think it necessarily suits these bidders to conclude so early either... they've obviously got money issues.

I might be wrong, but start the season in admin with buckets still a-rattling anyone ? Think I'll be giving that a miss.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 6:19 am

I can't see any possibility of the FL allowing us to start the season as we don't qualify or tick a single box, but the FL will probably provide the permissions anyway!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 13 August and they're still planning fund raising   13 August and they're still planning fund raising Empty

Back to top Go down

13 August and they're still planning fund raising
Page 1 of 1