How long? Empty
PostSubject: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:07 am

Until Brent owns the club?

a) Next three weeks?
b) sometime in November?
c) before Christmas?
d) before the season end?
e) never?

I'd like to think a), most think b), I think c) and I wouldn't be surprised at d).
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:14 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Until Brent owns the club?

a) Next three weeks?
b) sometime in November?
c) before Christmas?
d) before the season end?
e) never?

I'd like to think a), most think b), I think c) and I wouldn't be surprised at d).

2 weeks
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 9:16 am

Or......

Imminently
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 10:06 am

It's getting bloody boring waiting!
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 3:58 pm

May I refer you; to a, deferrral
or would you prefer
I defer, the referral? lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptyThu Oct 06, 2011 4:05 pm

(f) .... another deferral.

However, it does seem from Brent's comments that he will be the one to do the completing. I wonder what deals he has done with the previous encumbents and what debts will appear in next year's accounts for the club, as he sure as hell isn't going to tell us.
In reality, Brent is the the best candidate from a short list of one, and would appear to be the only bit of the big WCup plans to remain a goer in the city.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:14 am

What a surprise .... NOT
Looks like another deferral. Here's the link:-

Local press re Council

After all the talk of disgusting deferrals under the Heaney Ridsdale banner, I fully expect the Trust to take the new bidder to task ... or will Pasoti Trust remain as tight lipped over these deferrals under Brent as they were under Heaney ? Sliding agenda I expected, and sliding agenda it is. Can't wait for the excuse next month.
No doubt all the moans will be unjustly directed at the Council as well as the Football League. PCC have every right to be checking the deal as much as Brent has .. they are in charge of our taxpayers' money, and the club is lucky to have a Council that will buy the ground back. One wonders what on earth was actually discussed at these Contingency plan committees ....the weather ?...... "two weeks to save the club !" my arse... that was always a bit too Flash Gordon for me.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:19 am

My guess is that the backlash from Council Tax payers has been hugely underestimated and there's a bit of propaganda to shuffle about and possibly a U turn.

If Brent wants to see a football club in the city as much as he says he does as well as becoming an overnight superfan (according to IJN!) we can expect him to complete anyway!
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:46 am

One game, and Brent's a legend apparently... just like his good old superfan mates Toddy and Campbell. Over 700 games under my belt ... how come I don't get to be a uberfan ? jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 9:39 am

When we're relegated and propping up the BSP it still won't be possible to say anything against James "legend" Brent over on the farm. Dissent against Brent will be tolerated even less than it was against *****wallet. jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 10:58 am

Freathy wrote:
When we're relegated and propping up the BSP it still won't be possible to say anything against James "legend" Brent over on the farm. Dissent against Brent will be tolerated even less than it was against *****wallet. jocolor jocolor

I'll never hear bad words said about those men ! pig
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:00 am

penzancepirate wrote:
What a surprise .... NOT
Yeah, that is pretty much why I asked. It has been 3 weeks since Heaney withdrew and Brent became the main contender.

3 weeks isn't ages, granted. There can be complications and setbacks. However if it is stretched further than the latest deadline (not) set by Webb of 'the middle of the month, give or take a day' then it would be 5 weeks and that is getting Heaney-esque.

Remember Heaney at least chucked in £300k. Would be a good gesture from Brent to match this.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:18 am

There's no rush, more buckets have been purchased!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:23 am

GOB wrote:

Yup, never fret, Sue'll be there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 11:45 am

GOB wrote:

Old Napoleon had a farm
Ee i ee i oh
And on that farm he framed some shirts
Ee i ee i oh

With a buy one here !
And a get one there !
Here a Becks
There a Becks
Everywhere a Becks Becks
Old Napoleon had a farm
Ee i ee i oh

Old Napoleon had a farm
Ee i ee i oh
And on that farm he hedged his bets
Ee i ee i oh

With a Trust Stapes here
And a Back Brent there
Here a Rids
There a Rids
Everywhere a Riddler

Old Napoleon had a farm
Ee i ee i oh !

pig

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 12:22 pm

Obsessed.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:03 pm

Here's a quote from Pasoti Trust's Flash Gordon :-
Quote :
Small delay (will maybe put the deal back 24hrs because next week will be taken up negotiating with individual players/staff) but we are still on track to a James Brent led Argyle by the middle of this month.

He has no basis in FACT to say that ... bullshit. How on earth can anyone, including Brent himself for that matter, speak for all the other 'interested parties' and how they will negotiate. What on earth has happened to this country where even football fans speak like lying and spinning politicians, and managers of expectations ..... 'on track' indeed.... just what does that phrase mean in reality ? ..... nothing.

Fearless always say "get the fans on your side" ... well, Ridsdale's certainly managed that .. they're eating out of the buyer's hand, just as surely as they allowed themseves to be bound and gagged over the last bidder. For all we know, Brent might not be able to resist the money he could save by taking the thing to the wire in the traditional admin frightfest ... we still haven't had that yet.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:10 pm

seadog wrote:
Obsessed.

He started it ! lol! ..............................................
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 1:19 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Here's a quote from Pasoti Trust's Flash Gordon :-
Quote :
Small delay (will maybe put the deal back 24hrs because next week will be taken up negotiating with individual players/staff) but we are still on track to a James Brent led Argyle by the middle of this month.

He has no basis in FACT to say that ... bullshit. How on earth can anyone, including Brent himself for that matter, speak for all the other 'interested parties' and how they will negotiate. What on earth has happened to this country where even football fans speak like lying and spinning politicians, and managers of expectations ..... 'on track' indeed.... just what does that phrase mean in reality ? ..... nothing.

Fearless always say "get the fans on your side" ... well, Ridsdale's certainly managed that .. they're eating out of the buyer's hand, just as surely as they allowed themseves to be bound and gagged over the last bidder. For all we know, Brent might not be able to resist the money he could save by taking the thing to the wire in the traditional admin frightfest ... we still haven't had that yet.

This pathetic reporting/posturing is more about personal stock and positioning than anything else.
I really would like to know exactly what 'hard work' has been done by these backwoodsmen [ I mean CG's Rolling Eyes ] in all this.
I can't imagine a successful businessman like Brent, involving any of them in anything other than sharpening pencils or handing round the mints.
He must be fed up with 'Where's Webby' hounding him for progress reports, so that he and Napoleon can look important on the farm.

By God those Avivas are gullible............... and the farm controllers know it.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 7:51 pm

I see that Darth Vaughner has asked the question about another wage deferral on Friday if the deal is not done. Webby has side stepped that one. I think it will be a real test for Brent, because if he is THAT close to a deal he might as well pay the staff now.
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySat Oct 08, 2011 8:11 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
if he is THAT close to a deal he might as well pay the staff now.

That will be the present unpublished internal party line Frank. Technical deferral now, but they'll get their wages at the end of the month... I bet that's what Webby's been told. How else do you keep troops through a cold Winter ? Just lead them from one meal to the next... it's worked for 5 or 6 months already.

Every extra month's deferral is being delayed for up to 5 years, I think the suggestion is .... should be worth half it's value by then. Same old Ridsdale inspired delay and rescheduling of all those but the favoured few who will be playing hardball.

The longer this goes on, and the more times Brent says he still wants Ridsdale, the more I think the now all too ludicrous Heaney front up was just part of the stretching process to take the sting out of this season's wage responsibilities, and that Brent was always going to be the buyer. Ridsdale might not be that clever, but he just might be that devious... why had the Heaney bid never even sorted the football creditor debt in 5 months ? because it was all a charade ... and who knows, Guilfoyle might be in on it as well.
These people are figures people. I find it hard to believe that paying out £3m of wages so far since March was anything but a no no for all concerned.... that rescheduled football debt over 5 years ( even Heaney suggested 3 years ) levers open the cheque book further for the previous money men..... and that remains true with the Brent deal.... and they know it.

Back to top Go down
argyledj

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 6:00 pm

i find the antics of webb and his merrymen despicable if anyone dares question the brent bid they are subjected to bullying from the pasoti platoon, so any delays from the jb bid are fine but heaney was worse than the devil that is just double standards and my interpretation on the update thread on pasoti is that if the council dont buy the ground then the bid is off! but according to webb he knows the vote is going to be fine lets just hope he is right because if not by backing this bid and the trust/pasoti sheeps hostility towards anyother bidder will in my eyes make them as guilty as guilfoyle,the previous board,heaney ect in the death of our club
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:15 pm

Not only is Webb showing his true colours with innuendo and sarcasm returned with any critical comment or question received, I'm sure I read a comment from him stating that even if PCC didn't purchase HP that the Brent deal would go through? It now seems a U turn is being offered!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 8:50 pm

As another episode of Esmerdale Farm begins...........
Back to top Go down

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? EmptySun Oct 09, 2011 9:47 pm

And it's all kicking off as JV dares to suggest that all might not be 100% rosey with the council.

I would be astonished if PCC were to back out now... almost impossible. But, let's hope Brent is not trying to bounce them with extra demands in the same distasteful manner Heaney thought he might try.... with a little help from a certain gentleman.
All through this debacle, it sounds like everything is ticketyboo until someone tries to get a signature on a piece of paper. A delay, even a small one, is bound to raise questions of possible discord between these two 'retiscent partners'.... this must be a record ... the first football club to be bought by two parties who don't want anything to do with it. The real reason PCC are interested in all this is not the club as such, it's more what happens to the city park, and it's AAPlan ... and rightly so.
A further worry I can see is what happens and who foots the bill when plans are drawn up for a private hotel and publicly owned new stand. Despite all the blown out of proportion blarney, PCC weren't really involved after the first of the Pasoti Trust inspired coffee mornings, so there must be a lot to hammer out with Brent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How long? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How long?   How long? Empty

Back to top Go down

How long?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next