Cole Empty
PostSubject: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Can anybody else remember a better save than the one cole made today? stunning
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 5:47 pm

Comfortably the better of the two keepers, for me.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 6:20 pm

I like Jake Cole a good keeper at this level. Thanks Jake.
Back to top Go down

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 8:54 pm

Yes I can and commented at the time. Gordon Bank v Pele. No right to have saved it but saved it nonetheless. If only he could learn to come for a cross then he would be playing somewhere much higher than with us. My MOM for the second match in a row. Says a lot for a home side doesn't it.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:05 pm

Much better of the two keepers. He's got better at crosses too.
Back to top Go down

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:29 pm

Which Cole do you watch then GreenSam? When does he ever come for them and claim them then? Punches at best and only when forced to. Hardly ever comes more than a few feet off his line even with a through ball and relies on reflexes to stop the shot. Very good at it but doesn't fill me with confidence that he commands anything. Much better than Gilmartin however. If he learned to come and claim a cross in the air he would be a Championship/borderline Premiership keeper. He doesn't and therefore isn't.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 pm

Before he came back into the side I'd agree entirely but since he has come back in, I can't think of one situation whereby I've thought he really should have come for something in a more commanding way and didn't. The Northampton goal was arguably a foul and that's the only thing that comes close. Sometimes leaving it to his defenders is best- there haven't been many or arguably even any mistakes that have led to goals since he's come back in. The last time he was in the team there were plenty.
Back to top Go down

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:06 pm

There is no argument regarding the Northampton goal. It was NOT a foul as the TV pictures showed beyond any doubt.

From where I sit which is around the 18 yard line I get a clear view of him for one half at least. With balls played through he still looks at his defenders and they look at him at times and then scramble it away. Because, he doesn't move when he should. In the air he hardly ever moves off his line when, if only he would, he could claim many a cross. He did it before and still does. Match after match it's the same despite him being MOM.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:08 pm

Fair comments. Maybe it's just that the defence in front of him has become much better before. There was one cross at Wimbledon which he did claim excellently.
Back to top Go down
Jon L

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:21 pm

In fairness to the keeper, the Northampton goal was a foul, except it was our own man therefore not a foul (does that even make sense?).

Someone barged him and he dropped it, fairly excusable I would say.
Back to top Go down
Pony Ride

Pony Ride

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySat Mar 16, 2013 10:26 pm

Jon L wrote:
In fairness to the keeper, the Northampton goal was a foul, except it was our own man therefore not a foul (does that even make sense?).

I think you're right. If Cowan-Hall was in a Northampton shirt it would have been a foul.
Back to top Go down

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole EmptySun Mar 17, 2013 9:33 am

Pony Ride wrote:
Jon L wrote:

I think you're right. If Cowan-Hall was in a Northampton shirt it would have been a foul.

Technically, you can be punished for fouling your own player. Technically, that could have been an indirect free kick for Northampton - luckily for the refere, the ball went in so he only had to play advantage.

Cole saved two yesterday that should have been in. He was clearly man of the match.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cole Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cole   Cole Empty

Back to top Go down

Cole
Page 1 of 1