Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?

Go down 
+15
mannameadbabe
Sir Francis Drake
Moist_Von_Lipwig
Czarcasm
Freathy
Peggy
GreenSam
Lord Tisdale
green_genie
Mock Cuncher
Tgwu
Dingle
Rickler
greensleeves
pepsipete
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Coxside_Green

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 5:59 am

So if the trust doesn't deliver objections it's their fault?

Thanks to all the cuntwattery the trust is diminished.  If us objectors are the majority then we better lead the fight and not rely solely on a group who have been attacked left right and centre.

Maybe time for an action group which can include the trust, similar to the contingency group during the admin process?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:47 am

Coxside_Green wrote:

Maybe time for an action group which can include the trust, similar to the contingency group during the admin process?

That is a rather sad indictment of the trust, who by now, should surely be capable of leading the way!

It would also be the kiss of death... It would convolute things further.
There isn't room for a threesome.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 6:48 am

Maybe you're right Coxside but it would need to happen quickly and the group be largely Plymouth based.Prominent Argyle fans are needed to join with the trust to provide a clear alternative to the current plans.

The Trust is already in place and could raise the banner, clearly defining the choice. If it doesn't fight this battle and win, it is dead in the water anyway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:11 am

From a purely democratic perspective, the majority of objections/support attached to the actual Planning Application support the plans. This might not be a true reflection of our fanbase but going down that road leads to the 'silent majority' argument.

I've read most of the responses and most are supportive. If the Trust object (I don't think they do, they just want an ammendment that puts the club at the centre of the development), there isn't an objection I've seen to support that theory. The Trust objection was a pasoti 'misunderstanding' (I prefer the term 'lie'). I share that view. I am a Plymouth resident, I work here, pay taxes here, have a young family here and a home here. I do not oppose the theory of building on the park but don't see a cinema as fitting to the area - I'll be surprised if that's built and a national company like Odeon might not contest any refusal as they'll have other opportunities elsewhere in the country to build a cinema.

Pros
Jobs - they won't be high callibre jobs but we need employment here.
Additional leisure facilities - the ice rink.
A new stand - yes, it could be bigger and I think it should be but we need to get that empty space filled with a new stand.

Cons
The cinema. We have one already of that size in Coxside. It might contain an imax but that's still not a justifiable reason for me.
Added traffic for the area - the public transport links must be improved.
The policing of match days will be more difficult.

That's it for me.

It isn't up to the Trust to support or oppose this either - it's up to individuals. If you object, get those objections in.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:16 am

It's all too easy to say the trust should be leading the way, we all know the the pressures they've been under and why they're not as strong as perhaps they could be.  Whatever has been, we don't have time now.

We're supposed to be the majority opposing yet we're rely on a minority to do it for us.  With that attitude we're fecked.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:21 am

Okay, turn it around for the Trust and instead of leading the way...

Be 'reflective' of your membership.

Where does that leave us?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:30 am

Posting on an internet forum that you have political opposition without formally voicing that opposition through the correct channels is a but like pissing through your letterbox if your house is on fire.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:39 am

My membership is hopefully one of the majority.  I wont pretend I can leave you anywhere.  I'd like to think I'm one of the majority who could join something.  If we're not the majority we're fecked.

We really don't have time to debate against eachother.  I'm not a fekn politician and I dont wish to 'leave' you anywhere.  I just want our club doing the right thing.  It seems the trust cant help so we have to help ourselves.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:45 am

Fair enough, Coxy. I agree with that....
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:49 am

All I'm suggesting is that the Argyle fans who object to these plans in their current form because ultimately they will condemn the club to being run by control freaks as lower league offal for decades, should get together under the same banner. The trust has already stated its opposition and alternative plans but now seems to have stepped back instead of reaching out and standing up.
The likes of the Lloyd, Petrie , Nicholson, Clark, as 'known' Argyle people would be invaluable in the battle for hearts and minds.
It's irrelevant for what reasons/how the plans are stopped/amended but a united front/opposition, is essential in my opinion. A few hundred people bothering to write to object to trees being felled etc will not succeed on their own without being accompanied by determined and united[ Trust led ?] opposition in the press and on the message boards etc.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:52 am

And I agree with Tringy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 7:54 am

PCC make the decision. PCC won't read ATD. Get your objection in if you 'object'. People need to comment as individuals.

There's way too much egotistical moralising going on.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:01 am

Tring, which is why I suggested something similar to the contingency mob.  We know there's a few good people out there who could lead, whether they'd want to come back is another matter.

Argyle's future is now dependant on what the likes of us forumites can get together.  I don't have enough faith in the janners opposing in large enough numbers, that's the reality.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 am

What if the majority of Janners actually want a cinema and an ice rink but don't care about having a football club? I work on the same floor as about 30 other people. There's three Argyle fans and that includes me. One doesn't go as she refuses to put her money into James Brent's pockets. The other person attends with her son and Father but wouldn't go if they didn't. There's me and that's three.

The others include - a West Brom fan, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, an Exeter season ticket holder (booooooo) and a Tranmere Rovers fan.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:28 am

Well there is the dilemma...

"Hey Janner... Do you want a Cinema and an Ice Rink"?

"Yeah, why not? What else you got (for free) bhuy"?
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:33 am

I've already come to the conclusion Janners don't care about the developments and hold no favouritism over football or cinema.

What really pisses me off is Mr Brent is only a custodian.  Argyle fans are the real owners of the football club.  As an Argyle fan I am a stakeholder, along with many thousands of others.  There is no doubt these plans are detrimental to PAFC, yet one short-term custodian can run riot over thousands of stakeholders.  Plymouth and football can both feck themselves should this go through.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:35 am

hairy j wrote:
What if the majority of Janners actually want a cinema and an ice rink but don't care about having a football club? I work on the same floor as about 30 other people. There's three Argyle fans and that includes me. One doesn't go as she refuses to put her money into James Brent's pockets. The other person attends with her son and Father but wouldn't go if they didn't. There's me and that's three.

The others include - a West Brom fan, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, an Exeter season ticket holder (booooooo) and a Tranmere Rovers fan.

very true, not enough people in plymouth turn up and watch.

how much would ice skating cost incidenetly £10 for an hour ? or will it be a ubiquitus groupon deal ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?   What aspects of the proposed development do you object to? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

What aspects of the proposed development do you object to?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3