Greenskin
Czarcasm
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Shrews reject joins  Empty
PostSubject: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:30 am

Not a bad pedigree and age in all fairness but less than complimentary comments on the Shrewsbury fansite. Can't really tell from that though, just have to wait and see if Del has pulled another rabbit out of the hat. Good luck to him anyway.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:35 am

Greenskin wrote:
Not a bad pedigree and age in all fairness but less than complimentary comments on the Shrewsbury fansite. Can't really tell from that though, just have to wait and see if Del has pulled another rabbit out of the hat. Good luck to him anyway.

Fond of a KFC lol!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:38 am

He looks several pounds overweight and not wanted by Shrewsbury who were bottom at the time he left. As usual I am hopeful to be proven wrong but this looks like another utterly rank signing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 11:54 am

Why is it that the current Argyle regime don't like mentioning length of contracts? Embarrassment maybe that they're only signing players for 6 months? I can't think of another reason.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 12:06 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
He looks several pounds overweight and not wanted by Shrewsbury who were bottom at the time he left. As usual I am hopeful to be proven wrong but this looks like another utterly rank signing
Like Carey, Slew, Frankie, Threkkers, Sonny ...... all free and unattached when we signed them. If you want JB to clear the birds nests, buy some paint and fix the leaks then you can't expect cash for a midfielder from a top Prem club. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 12:22 pm

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Like Carey, Slew, Frankie, Threkkers, Sonny ...... all free and unattached when we signed them. If you want JB to clear the birds nests, buy some paint and fix the leaks then you can't expect cash for a midfielder from a top Prem club. Laughing

Depends what way you look at it. From here on in I'm judging players solely on their potential ability to do well in the league above, not this graveyard division. For me those that deffo fall into that category are...

McCormick
Purrington
Bradley
Carey

Possibles to do ok at league 1 level next year.....

Fox (good player but he ain't getting any younger)
Threlkeld
Songo'o
Brunt
Spencer
Jervis

The rest? Na. So for me Del has a lot of shopping to do.

Last edited by Czarcasm on Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 12:35 pm

The expectation is simple. Use the 55% of turnover rule to the maximum. True to his sort, and unlike almost all other clubs, this club's owner refuses to fund the football to that level, and actually has the cheek to say it's too high, with all his vast life long experience of the game and non delivery of virtually everything he touches. Well, apart from shareholder value and pension pot topping up.
If you cannot fathom why many fans are exasperated with the squire's stance, then there's no point discussing anything. Must go out and buy myself a half and half scarf, one half with a football and the other half with a property portfolio.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:03 pm

Not quite non delivery of virtually everything he touches.....I haven't come across Brent sleeping in a shop doorway as yet with a begging bowl on the pavement....so he's been doing something right.....whatever you say about PAFC management we do seem to be in a better place than 5 years ago....ok I don't agree with everything that has happened in that time...but swings and roundabouts taken into consideration we are making a reasonable go of it this year.

Derek Adams is a shrewd manager and he must be aware of Antoni Sarcevic recent unhappy time at Shrewsbury....with the new manager Paul Hurst putting his own fingerprint on the club he has been clearing out players so he can bring his own men in....hence goodbye Sarvevic in December thus making him a free agent.

His record previously at Fleetwood would turn most managers heads....15 goals in a season, one in the play-off final against Burton winning the match...plus being in the Div2 team of the season.

Adams must feel he can kick start this lads career again.....get him fit and motivate him to help us on the run-in for promotion......there are players in our present squad whose careers have be revived by coming to PAFC.....Adams can spot the potential....I'm looking forward to seeing what develops.

We cannot wait forever for Warnock to do us a favour....everytime a player was mentioned he played them in his first team....we'll do it our way Neil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:04 pm

tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

You really are a tool. Nobody expects a top prem midfielder

With almost £2 million in unbudgeted income a little bit better than dregs from Shrewsbury, Southend and Torquay. I don't know what the feck you are going on about with your last comment. Explain please?
Back to top Go down
GreenDick25

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 pm

We ain't gonna sign anyone decent if we don't offer longer contracts.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:10 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

You really are a tool. Nobody expects a top prem midfielder

With almost £2 million in unbudgeted income a little bit better than dregs from Shrewsbury, Southend and Torquay. I don't know what the feck you are going on about with your last comment. Explain please?

I'm glad that Derek Adams is our manager and not you... :Suicide: .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:12 pm

Go back to sleep Zyph
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:34 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
Go back to sleep Zyph

Honestly is that the best you can do.....didn't you realize that some of us when getting older need less sleep...about 5 or 5.5 hours a night will do me.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:37 pm

GreenDick25 wrote:
We ain't gonna sign anyone decent if we don't offer longer contracts.

Wake up please this is Div2......a year plus the option of a second is good for this Division
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Looks like a good signing to me, industrious midfielder who can chip in with a goal and played in League 1.

Should bolster the ranks nicely before the run in
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 2:04 pm

Forget all your petty squabbles ffs, fact is it's obvious Adams is having to scrabble around and get the best deals he can.
Derek said before the Liverpool games that, his budget is set, and the reluctant one, publicly laughed at the idea of using some of the FA cup money in the window.
Really is no point having unrealistic expectations of players in,because you will be very disappointed.
BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 2:21 pm

zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Go back to sleep Zyph

Honestly is that the best you can do.....didn't you realize that some of us when getting older need less sleep...about 5 or 5.5 hours a night will do me.
Pleased it isn't just me getting flack. (Is he still playing? He'd be free) I'm down to about 5 hours a night now. Trying to be serious though - DA can spot potential and seems to get the best from players. Slewy, Sonny, Songo have all benefited being under DA. I agree that finances look healthier but even if DA had £400K to spend on a striker, for example, where would he be shopping? Lge 1 or 2 or Scotland? Why would a 20 goal a season striker join Argyle if he has aspirations to play at a higher level. He could be in Lge 2 next season! Should we get promoted then the cash may be handy to get some of the better players away from their clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 2:33 pm

tigertony wrote:
zyph wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Go back to sleep Zyph

Pleased it isn't just me getting flack. (Is he still playing? He'd be free) I'm down to about 5 hours a night now. Trying to be serious though - DA can spot potential and seems to get the best from players. Slewy, Sonny, Songo have all benefited being under DA. I agree that finances look healthier but even if DA had £400K to spend on a striker, for example, where would he be shopping? Lge 1 or 2 or Scotland? Why would a 20 goal a season striker join Argyle if he has aspirations to play at a higher level. He could be in Lge 2 next season! Should we get promoted then the cash may be handy to get some of the better players away from their clubs.

Reuben Reid worked out alright and he cost nothing.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:11 pm

akagreengull wrote:
Forget all your petty squabbles ffs, fact is it's obvious Adams is having to scrabble around and get the best deals he can.
Derek said before the Liverpool games that, his budget is set, and the reluctant one, publicly laughed at the idea of using some of the FA cup money in the window.
Really is no point having unrealistic expectations of players in,because you will be very disappointed.
BRENT OUT
Couldnt agree more  Thumbs
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:23 pm

Cant be any worse than Donaldson & Smith surely??????? Or can he thats the question Anyway welcome to the theatre of schemes and good luck..cos your gunna need it
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 4:48 pm

Never heard of this guy, but in truth, Adams does seem to have an eye for a player in the car boot sale end of the market. Wouldn't it be nice if, just once, he could sign someone of real quality.

If only the club had the money....
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Another jobseeker joins argo in another piss take signing, Adams really is having to scrape the Brent Barrel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 5:48 pm

Don't understand this wish to know the length of contracts, Derek propably realised how much of a mistake was made last season when the length of contracts were made known with all the resulting speculation about extensions and the rest of it.
I'd prefer to leave it to the Manager, anyway welcome to this fella, hope he turns out a good un like that other bunch of unknowns we signed at the start of this and last season
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  EmptyThu Jan 26, 2017 6:11 pm

We're back in Sturrock Mk II arena again looking for wee gems from the permanently injured, tainted and bad attitudes.

Some will work out, some won't.

Question is, why are we looking here when a 55% turnover budget should allow less gambling, even before unbudgeted windfalls
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrews reject joins    Shrews reject joins  Empty

Back to top Go down

Shrews reject joins
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next