Rickler
Tringreen
Freathy
seadog
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Anybody else going shrews? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:33 pm

Have coach tickets and ready for this one.

Shrewsbury are indeed a very good side (especially on their own patch) and got into the play offs last season.

Shrewsbury have totally changed their defence around therefore hopefully they wont have time to Gell before the game comes around and we can use quick players like Young, Hitchock and Penman to outrun them.

They have a tall side therefore maybe a bit of height and strength will be needed which never used to be a problem but looking at the current sqaud, we are a sqaud of dwarfs. Hopefully players liked Fletcher and Robbie Williams can provide that strength and experience on the field.

I know its important to test trialists but I think it would be wise to try and put the team we will field on saturday together at Saltash tommorrow in order for them to gell so we maybe have an upper hand on the near-welsh side.

All I can really ask for is that the lads put in 100 percent and a strong green army are in good voice.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:47 pm

I'm up north Cobi and back on board Thursday so a no from me. I hope we get a side out for this one and look forward to your report.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:18 am

Errrrrrm.............no

But if I'm in I'll probably have 'Final Score' on in the background.

Going to be a VERY long trip back for the green army jocolor
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:20 am

Wigs, jester hats, buckets at the ready lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:54 am

I am getting married on Saturday and I don't think I am going to be able to make it. And I probably won't be allowed anyway. Shame.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:01 am

Huge congratulations to you, Frank! And your bride to be!!!

Hopefully a life of eternal bliss for you both!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:05 am

Got 2 weeks left in Afghanistan and at last am starting to sniff the sweet smell of freedom, got 10 days at home so might attend the home game against Crewe before before a nice 2 week holiday in South Portugal.
Even if i was at home i wouldn't be going to attend this League 2 garbage,the days where i bust a gut for Argyle are well and truly over,especially with the utter swine that have been involved with the clubs decline the last 4 years. Sorry Cobi but that's how it is with most of us now, i applaud your efforts but one day even you will wake up and smell the coffee. jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:08 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
I am getting married on Saturday and I don't think I am going to be able to make it. And I probably won't be allowed anyway. Shame.

Ha ha. Have a good day Frank. I remember well wanting to return early from my honeymoon to get to a midweek game. She was not impressed. I can well understand where she was coming from ...... now.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:17 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

Many congratulations! Hope you both have a great day!
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:15 am

Got married in morning, Argyle in afternoon, start as you mean to continue. Though the way things are now, you may as well do whatever she wants.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:22 am

Congrats Frank, enjoy the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:32 am

A huge congratulations Frank, however its still not an excuse Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 10:42 am

Thank you everybody. The wedding is at 2 so I don't think I can get from Ipswich to Shrewsbury in time. And I want to enjoy the day so I don't think I will even ask for updates!

Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:10 am

congrats frank. i went up to bradford on the day my first kid was born, the (ex) misses was not a happy bunny. argo won that one 5-1, happy days
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 11:54 am

Have a great day Frank. If it's your first time, there's nothing to it................ I've done it twice lol!

Give my love to the BGB Cobi............. tell him to 'enjoy the ride ' !
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:28 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Have a great day Frank. If it's your first time, there's nothing to it................ I've done it twice lol!

Only twice, bleddy learners! lol!

Congrats Frank, you must ask for updates, tis the only way you'll get plastered, 1 drink for every goal the Shrews score, hic! lol!

Sorry can't be there (at Shrews, not the wedding), got a League 1 date, in Stevenage Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:33 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Congrats Frank, you must ask for updates, tis the only way you'll get plastered, 1 drink for every goal the Shrews score, hic! lol!

Sorry can't be there (at Shrews, not the wedding), got a League 1 date, in Stevenage Wink

All the in laws are Ipswich fans but they stopped taking the piss long ago. My soon to be sister in law is dating a Torquay fan and I am sure he will let me know how things are going Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Must be a novice, been married to the same girl for 48 years. But we did go to Argyle straight after the wedding.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Good luck Frank, I would have said get married in pre-season, but that's when we were an ok side.

My cousin, who is also a copper, is getting married on a Wednesday- not because of football, but because he's a tight tw*t.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 4:41 pm

cobipafc wrote:

Shrewsbury are indeed a very good side (especially on their own patch) and got into the play offs last season.

Shrewsbury have totally changed their defence around therefore hopefully they wont have time to Gell before the game comes around and we can use quick players like Young, Hitchock and Penman to outrun them.

They have a tall side therefore maybe a bit of height and strength will be needed which never used to be a problem but looking at the current sqaud, we are a sqaud of dwarfs. Hopefully players liked Fletcher and Robbie Williams can provide that strength and experience on the field.

I know its important to test trialists but I think it would be wise to try and put the team we will field on saturday together at Saltash tommorrow in order for them to gell so we maybe have an upper hand on the near-welsh side.

All I can really ask for is that the lads put in 100 percent and a strong green army are in good voice.

Firstly well done cobi, your loyalty towards this club is immense,

but secondly, were hardly a team of midgits Walton,Hournihame,Zubar,Nelson,,Soukouna,Cole,Larreiu,Daley,Berry are all 6ft or over barring that last two who are 5'11. Hope you enjoy your day
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:07 pm

125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

but secondly, were hardly a team of midgits Walton,Hournihame,Zubar,Nelson,,Soukouna,Cole,Larreiu,Daley,Berry are all 6ft or over barring that last two who are 5'11. Hope you enjoy your day

Scumbags like we've had and still got at the club , play on the loyalty of the peasantry. In fact, modern day football in general continues to take the piss out of those daft enough to follow like sheep.Players/ managers, kissing badges one day and walking out for more money the next, yet still the Avivas come back for more.

Oh yea of big heart and high pain threshold but oh so little intellect or vision.
Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.

"Well done Cobi, your loyalty to this club is immense." Sounds a tad like you might have a vested interest, dear boy ?

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:09 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

All the in laws are Ipswich fans but they stopped taking the piss long ago. My soon to be sister in law is dating a Torquay fan and I am sure he will let me know how things are going Very Happy

A league one date ? ............. look how far you've come ! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 5:53 pm

Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:

Scumbags like we've had and still got at the club , play on the loyalty of the peasantry. In fact, modern day football in general continues to take the piss out of those daft enough to follow like sheep.Players/ managers, kissing badges one day and walking out for more money the next, yet still the Avivas come back for more.

Oh yea of big heart and high pain threshold but oh so little intellect or vision.
Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.

"Well done Cobi, your loyalty to this club is immense." Sounds a tad like you might have a vested interest, dear boy ?

I tell you what choose a differant sport if you dont like modern day football, try bowls, or darts.

You keep playing this card that i have a vested interest, so while im sat here on my 5 year old pc, sat in front of the tv in my council house, after a 10hr day at my warehouse job, i'll tell you my only interest, watching the greens on a saturday, im sorry if that goes against the so called fans on this site but hey each to thier own.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:01 pm

Take no notice 125, I'm sat in the North Pole at the moment on my Sinclair Spectrum generated by a winch attached to a one legged seal with a limp, these guys just don't have a clue what being a praaaapa fans is all about! clown
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:03 pm

GOB wrote:
Take no notice 125, I'm sat in the North Pole at the moment on my Sinclair Spectrum generated by a winch attached to a one legged seal with a limp, these guys just don't have a clue what being a praaaapa fans is all about! clown

You cant get an internet connection with a spectrum, thats just a lie Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going shrews?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next