Freathy
seadog
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tringreen

Tringreen

Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:18 pm

125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:
Have coach tickets and ready for this one.

Shrewsbury are indeed a very good side (especially on their own patch) and got into the play offs last season.

Shrewsbury have totally changed their defence around therefore hopefully they wont have time to Gell before the game comes around and we can use quick players like Young, Hitchock and Penman to outrun them.

They have a tall side therefore maybe a bit of height and strength will be needed which never used to be a problem but looking at the current sqaud, we are a sqaud of dwarfs. Hopefully players liked Fletcher and Robbie Williams can provide that strength and experience on the field.

I know its important to test trialists but I think it would be wise to try and put the team we will field on saturday together at Saltash tommorrow in order for them to gell so we maybe have an upper hand on the near-welsh side.

All I can really ask for is that the lads put in 100 percent and a strong green army are in good voice.

Firstly well done cobi, your loyalty towards this club is immense,

but secondly, were hardly a team of midgits Walton,Hournihame,Zubar,Nelson,,Soukouna,Cole,Larreiu,Daley,Berry are all 6ft or over barring that last two who are 5'11. Hope you enjoy your day

Scumbags like we've had and still got at the club , play on the loyalty of the peasantry. In fact, modern day football in general continues to take the piss out of those daft enough to follow like sheep.Players/ managers, kissing badges one day and walking out for more money the next, yet still the Avivas come back for more.

Oh yea of big heart and high pain threshold but oh so little intellect or vision.
Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.

"Well done Cobi, your loyalty to this club is immense." Sounds a tad like you might have a vested interest, dear boy ?

I tell you what choose a differant sport if you dont like modern day football, try bowls, or darts.

You keep playing this card that i have a vested interest, so while im sat here on my 5 year old pc, sat in front of the tv in my council house, after a 10hr day at my warehouse job, i'll tell you my only interest, watching the greens on a saturday, im sorry if that goes against the so called fans on this site but hey each to thier own.

Well you don't sound particularly thick, so there must be something going on.

Any half intelligent person would not still be encouraging blind faith in the sort of people pillaging the club.

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 6:23 pm

Many congratulations,Frank,another mad barsteward bites the dust. cheers

And no Shrewsbury for me.Doubt if i'll go to any away games this year,i've had reasons not to for a year or two,which no longer apply,but i just can't be arsed now,sooner play golf instead.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Have a great day Frank. If it's your first time, there's nothing to it................ I've done it twice lol!

Give my love to the BGB Cobi............. tell him to 'enjoy the ride ' !

Only twice, bleddy learners! lol!

Congrats Frank, you must ask for updates, tis the only way you'll get plastered, 1 drink for every goal the Shrews score, hic! lol!

Sorry can't be there (at Shrews, not the wedding), got a League 1 date, in Stevenage Wink

All the in laws are Ipswich fans but they stopped taking the piss long ago. My soon to be sister in law is dating a Torquay fan and I am sure he will let me know how things are going Very Happy

A league one date ? ............. look how far you've come ! Rolling Eyes

Give our & Torquay's love; to Cambridge, when you see them 2012/13 Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 4:33 pm

Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
125+1 wrote:
cobipafc wrote:
Have coach tickets and ready for this one.

Shrewsbury are indeed a very good side (especially on their own patch) and got into the play offs last season.

Shrewsbury have totally changed their defence around therefore hopefully they wont have time to Gell before the game comes around and we can use quick players like Young, Hitchock and Penman to outrun them.

They have a tall side therefore maybe a bit of height and strength will be needed which never used to be a problem but looking at the current sqaud, we are a sqaud of dwarfs. Hopefully players liked Fletcher and Robbie Williams can provide that strength and experience on the field.

I know its important to test trialists but I think it would be wise to try and put the team we will field on saturday together at Saltash tommorrow in order for them to gell so we maybe have an upper hand on the near-welsh side.

All I can really ask for is that the lads put in 100 percent and a strong green army are in good voice.

Firstly well done cobi, your loyalty towards this club is immense,

but secondly, were hardly a team of midgits Walton,Hournihame,Zubar,Nelson,,Soukouna,Cole,Larreiu,Daley,Berry are all 6ft or over barring that last two who are 5'11. Hope you enjoy your day

Scumbags like we've had and still got at the club , play on the loyalty of the peasantry. In fact, modern day football in general continues to take the piss out of those daft enough to follow like sheep.Players/ managers, kissing badges one day and walking out for more money the next, yet still the Avivas come back for more.

Oh yea of big heart and high pain threshold but oh so little intellect or vision.
Where there's no sense, there's no feeling.

"Well done Cobi, your loyalty to this club is immense." Sounds a tad like you might have a vested interest, dear boy ?

I tell you what choose a differant sport if you dont like modern day football, try bowls, or darts.

You keep playing this card that i have a vested interest, so while im sat here on my 5 year old pc, sat in front of the tv in my council house, after a 10hr day at my warehouse job, i'll tell you my only interest, watching the greens on a saturday, im sorry if that goes against the so called fans on this site but hey each to thier own.

Well you don't sound particularly thick, so there must be something going on.

Any half intelligent person would not still be encouraging blind faith in the sort of people pillaging the club.

Tring, i DO NOT WANT RISDALE OR HEANEY at the club, is that clear enough for you, all im saying is i will continue to support the team i have supported for years through thick and thin, ups and downs (and there's been plenty).

We have almost bit the dust under McCauley but came back stronger, and until people got greedy and forgot this was a football club we were doing ok, so im pretty sure we'll come out the other side of this healthier, maybe not this year or the next, but im sure at one stage in the future Argyle will see a better day, and im sure with what everyone's going through and the passion shown by the fans we will be stronger for it. Here's hoping anyway.
And until that time i will be there cheering them on. We have to remember the group of players that are there at the moment arn't there for financial gain, they wont be getting paid much at all, but just want to play profesional football, and i respect them for that. They are not the issue, thats while i'll continue to support the team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:18 pm

I kinda actually agree with you 125!

The day this all started, all those years ago when that rat Staplewallet was allowed to purchase Home Park without so much as a murmur from the self acclaimed and self imposed super fans, everyone was happy to accept that the club now had a different agenda and existed in a state that risked the future of the club in the world of dodgy business ventures.

Except for being a couple of divisions lower, what’s the real difference, we had a dodgy Chairman and owners back then back then and we have, allegedly, a dodgy chairman now, considering his up and coming trial.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:26 pm

GOB wrote:
I kinda actually agree with you 125!

The day this all started, all those years ago when that rat Staplewallet was allowed to purchase Home Park without so much as a murmur from the self acclaimed and self imposed super fans, everyone was happy to accept that the club now had a different agenda and existed in a state that risked the future of the club in the world of dodgy business ventures.

Except for being a couple of divisions lower, what’s the real difference, we had a dodgy Chairman and owners back then back then and we have, allegedly, a dodgy chairman now, considering his up and coming trial.

Thats where our problems started if the council did not sell the ground back to the club, we would not be in this mess as no money could be secured against it. (no thats not blaming the council). Stapleton was a good Chairman for 3 years, then greed overtook and look where we are.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:34 pm

To be fair to Ridsdale, he has shown ambition on the football side of the clubs he has been at. Bankrupted Leeds trying to get into Europe and dropped Cardiff in it trying to get into the Prem. Both clubs seem to have recovered following his departure.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:40 pm

pepsipete wrote:
To be fair to Ridsdale, he has shown ambition on the football side of the clubs he has been at. Bankrupted Leeds trying to get into Europe and dropped Cardiff in it trying to get into the Prem. Both clubs seem to have recovered following his departure.

There's ambition and then there's stupidity, Risdale's gamble at leeds cost them big time and they are still recovering, Im still openminded about his cardiff time, he does lie i have no doubt about that, but the club was in a severe mess when he arrived, but better off when he left, but he got lucky there finding a moneyman because if he didnt Cardiff would have found themselves in administration aswell,

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 5:46 pm

125+1 wrote:
they wont be getting paid much at all, but just want to play profesional football

But that's the whole point ... it's supposed to be PROFESSIONAL football where players and staff get paid, this isn't old boy Rugby Union where people have day jobs, nor should it be part of the Big Society con. Unpaid wages and and apprentices/youths just morph into an evenyual capital gain for the new or old owners.
To support this interim regime is no more no less than the philosophy of Napoleon and his stooges ... your arguments sound awfully familiar bom .... go along with it all and don't rock the boat, passively waiting for salvation in the next world whilst stumping up and being lied to gratuitously and on a daily basis. Tringy's estimation ain't far off the mark... it's straight out of the Farm bible..... in fact ???????? .....
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:00 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
125+1 wrote:
they wont be getting paid much at all, but just want to play profesional football

But that's the whole point ... it's supposed to be PROFESSIONAL football where players and staff get paid, this isn't old boy Rugby Union where people have day jobs, nor should it be part of the Big Society con. Unpaid wages and and apprentices/youths just morph into an evenyual capital gain for the new or old owners.
To support this interim regime is no more no less than the philosophy of Napoleon and his stooges ... your arguments sound awfully familiar bom .... go along with it all and don't rock the boat. Tringy's estimation ain't far off the mark... it's out of the Farm bible.

And hopefully this month they will be in full, i really admire thier persistance and respect them especially the non playing staff who have no one other than thier family to prop up their wages. But it cant really be a capital gain as they have to pay back the money owed to the staff in full.

If you want to continue attacking me thats fine, im big enough to take it but at least stick to the facts, im not supporting this interim regime, im supporting my team, umm no comment on Saturdays team selection since my last comment, i wonder why! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 02, 2011 6:18 pm

125+1 wrote:
And hopefully this month they will be in full, i really admire thier persistance and respect them especially the non playing staff who have no one other than thier family to prop up their wages. But it cant really be a capital gain as they have to pay back the money owed to the staff in full.

No they don't ... they have to pay in full what is agreed with the football creditors at the end of the administration ... that is not the same thing as full payment. Many administrations have ended with negotiated down contracts, and Ridsdale has already intimated he wants to negotiate with staff and players behind closed door and privately, not collectively.
Also by running out a bunch of youngsters on next to nothing is saving the administration process, and hence Heaney/Ridsdale, the costs of a properly funded profesional L2 football team ... and where does that 'saving' go ? directly to the agreed price for the club which will reflect the allowance for this season's losses.
So there are two avenues of these wages ending up in the pockets of the suits. ... and you know that darn well.

And as to being paid in full this month, so I would hope, it's the start of the season ...However, by my calculation, if the season ticket money really is ring fenced and drip fed every game, I can see a problem of paying Guilfoyle's stated wages of 300K a month ... there just won't be the revenue to do that month in month out while this situation continues ........ WHICH IT WILL.
Still, you support it all if you wish, it's free world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anybody else going shrews?   Anybody else going shrews? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Anybody else going shrews?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2