Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+22
Elias
Rollo Tomasi
shonbo
MikeWN
Yea Man
#SHITARTIST
Greenrod
VillageGreen
Tringreen
Big Robby
PatDunne
PlymptonPilgrim
Czarcasm
seadog
Lord Melbury
harvetheslayer
mouldyoldgoat
zyph
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
Earwegoagain
Rickler
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 7:14 am

Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
At least whatever happens next Monday/Tuesday (how does May get around Bercows ruling over her meaningful vote) we wont walk off a cliff face on Friday next week

If it doesnt go through at least plenty of time to revoke the lot of it

The EU’s new timetable will be enough change to allow a vote

lol graiser there is no time. She simply has to get that meaningful vote on the agenda monday/tuesday because if thrown out again only has until 12th April to come up with an alternate plan

Just revoke the lot of it. Someone naively posted when that petition reaches 17 million come back and tell us. What he totally neglects to realise is that referendum day was known to every adult in the country bar none.
The vast majority of people currently have no idea that the petition is currently in progress and yet already at 2.3 million. If that petition was advertised for a week on national television how many do you think the number would end up with !

Its a fiasco just red card the lot of it. Just to remind one or two I voted out. I was badly wrong

Edited that revoke Petition has risen 400,000 since my post was made. So just over 2 hours
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 10:28 am

She will lose her meaningful vote 3 if it’s allowed. Her spectacularly stupid speech on Wednesday has pretty much United everyone against her.

she’ll have to resign and she’ll blame absolutely everyone except her own uselessness for it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 11:05 am

But it really is getting to the wire now, vote for Mays deal or no deal happens that's the only reason we have had this extension granted by the EU.
As for Harves petition it's a joke. Why should 2 million people sway the legally binding vote that over seventeen million voted for?
It's all getting very amusing now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 11:07 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Graiser wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
At least whatever happens next Monday/Tuesday (how does May get around Bercows ruling over her meaningful vote) we wont walk off a cliff face on Friday next week

If it doesnt go through at least plenty of time to revoke the lot of it

The EU’s new timetable will be enough change to allow a vote

lol graiser there is no time. She simply has to get that meaningful vote on the agenda monday/tuesday because if thrown out again only has until 12th April to come up with an alternate plan

Just revoke the lot of it. Someone naively posted when that petition reaches 17 million come back and tell us. What he totally neglects to realise is that referendum day was known to every adult in the country bar none.
The vast majority of people currently have no idea that the petition is currently in progress and yet already at 2.3 million. If that petition was advertised for a week on national television how many do you think the number would end up with !

Its a fiasco just red card the lot of it. Just to remind one or two I voted out. I was badly wrong

Edited that revoke Petition has risen 400,000 since my post was made. So just over 2 hours

What I meant is her “meaningful vote” should be allowed by Bercow due to the new conditions now imposed by the EU.
As for the petition, so what, I would expect at least 15-16 million of the remainers to sign it, i won’t be, the petition I prefer to acknowledge is the 2016 referendum and if it’s no deal, so be it, we’ll recover from that and two fingers to the EU.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 12:10 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:12 pm

My BIL has just informed me that he's voted five times on the petition page. I'm sure that's perfectly reasonable being as he's on the right side. lol!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:17 pm

Hold the front page!

Data from the petitions website suggested nearly 1.3 million of the first two million signatories were people living in the UK, with the remainder including 10,000 from France, nearly 6,000 from Spain and about 4,000 from Germany.
The breakdown of signatures by country of residence appears not to have fully updated since then.

So only sixty odd percent of signatories live in the UK! All perfectly reasonable again and I expect there is a perfectly logical explanation for this?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:20 pm

It just gets funnier by the minute,

On Thursday, the petition calling for this quickly passed the 100,000-signature threshold needed for it to be debated in Parliament, garnering nearly 2,000 signatures a minute at one stage.
However, it is not the most popular ever on the Parliament website.
A petition for a second EU referendum in June 2016 attracted more than four million signatures and was debated in the Commons - but thousands of signatures were removed after it was discovered to have been hijacked by automated bots.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Oh dear oh dear, 2016 petition investigated for fraud? Shorely not?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 1:26 pm

Feckin annoying some of these rules are,

BBC political correspondent Iain Watson says the petition has attracted a lot of attention but has no chance of being enacted, because it is asking for retrospective legislation.
Our correspondent says some referendums do have thresholds but those clauses must be inserted in legislation before the vote so everyone is clear about the rules.
You cannot simply invent new hurdles if you are on the losing side, our correspondent says.

lol!
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 4:06 pm

I don't know how many people expected it to be debated tbh. I didn't. Why would it be? Withdrawing A50 can be done unilaterally but, more importantly, both parties are too scared of their membership. It's just a way registering disgust at the whole process.

So May has got to where she probably expected to be all along - a gun to the head moment. Unless Parliament exercises more of the control it doesn't have, of course. There will be some squeaky bums among the remaners in the HoP, given that they don't control the means to withdraw A50 OR get a meaningful extension.

No Deal will be rubbing their hands.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 4:25 pm

No Deal is never going to happen in a million years so those contemplating buying some wet wipes would do well to keep their cash in their pockets
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:03 pm

Lol now we're entering indicative options next week including now revocation.
Fun and games commence
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:16 pm

TM's oppos and other faux protesting MP's will cave-in and join the fold in next weeks vote.

This shit, and the repercussions that go with it, will rumble on for years. Good eh? At least the British Bias Corporation and Sly News will have a ready made news story to hand should any other inconvenient news break that the corrupt shysters at the helm in Downing street don't want us to know about.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 5:48 pm

I reckon Letwin/Benn will pass next week so parliament takes control. Mays deal will fail as everyone hates her now and she’ll have to resign. We’ve got an extra 2 weeks to work out where we want to go, Parliament doesn’t want no deal as the country will collapse. I think a revoke is on the cards....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 6:26 pm

Parliament will take control of what? There is no consensus amongst the MPs at all. Sure they nearly all oppose Mays deal but who doesn't? I can't wait to see the deal that is acceptable to Tories, Labour, Scots, Welsh and Irish, the leavers and remainers including the no dealers. And don't forget that he EU has to ratify it as well. No deal looms.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptyFri Mar 22, 2019 7:05 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Parliament will take control of what? There is no consensus amongst the MPs at all. Sure they nearly all oppose Mays deal but who doesn't? I can't wait to see the deal that is acceptable to Tories, Labour, Scots, Welsh and Irish, the leavers and remainers including the no dealers. And don't forget that he EU has to ratify it as well. No deal looms.

It is looking that way, so they all say.

I wonder if Corbyn will call a no confidence vote aimed at Bringing May and her government down next week ?.

According to The Daily Telegraph today, Sir Graham Brady, visited May earlier in the week and told her to stand down.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:30 am

The EU doesn’t have to ratify a revoke of A50 we can do that unilaterally with penalty.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:50 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
I reckon Letwin/Benn will pass next week so parliament takes control. Mays deal will fail as everyone hates her now and she’ll have to resign. We’ve got an extra 2 weeks to work out where we want to go, Parliament doesn’t want no deal as the country will collapse. I think a revoke is on the cards....

Without question Hugh. Petition now just shy of 4 million and without repeating in entirety what I said before there will be huge swathes of people totally unaware of it plus in addition 30% of the adult population who are not even connected to the net but all totally aware of the original referendum vote...."advertise" it and the numbers hugely multiply

The longer this impasse continues the more and more will sign.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 6:56 am

This may sound a stupid question (it's been a long night shift), and in all probability totally regret asking the question, but, is there actually somewhere Joe Public can see the details of May's current Wankxit deal?

We're constantly fed BS saying it's crap, or it's good, it's the best we're going to get - but does anyone know details so we can decide for ourselves?

outtahere
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 10:06 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Without question Hugh. Petition now just shy of 4 million and without repeating in entirety what I said before there will be huge swathes of people totally unaware of it plus in addition 30% of the adult population who are not even connected to the net but all totally aware of the original referendum vote...."advertise" it and the numbers hugely multiply

Meaningless with multi-voting unstoppable....I'll take notice when it reaches 17.4 million plus 1.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 1:10 pm

P.O.I wrote:
This may sound a stupid question (it's been a long night shift), and in all probability totally regret asking the question, but, is there actually somewhere Joe Public can see the details of May's current Wankxit deal?

We're constantly fed BS saying it's crap, or it's good, it's the best we're going to get - but does anyone know details so we can decide for ourselves?

outtahere

This relates to Mays chequers deal, which was rejected, but the detail on the backstop is the same.

Nobody propagating no deal has once provided a solution as to how the Irish border is going to work. Hence the backstop agreement, which we’ll probably have to sign up to even in the event of no deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 1:17 pm

zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Meaningless with multi-voting unstoppable....I'll take notice when it reaches 17.4 million plus 1.

A bit better than this sorry effort though laugh

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 3:29 pm

zyph wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:

Another lie from the Faragistas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 EmptySat Mar 23, 2019 4:35 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

outtahere

This relates to Mays chequers deal, which was rejected, but the detail on the backstop is the same.

Nobody propagating no deal has once provided a solution as to how the Irish border is going to work. Hence the backstop agreement, which we’ll probably have to sign up to even in the event of no deal.

Many thanks, Hugh. Kin hell. That is one shitty deal.

What a mess. (shakes head)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 32 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 32 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 36 ... 40  Next