Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 4:27 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
So Johnson has been ordered to hand over all relevant documents and notes relating to Yellowhammer and the Proroguing of Parliament by midnight tomorrow
So whats happens if he doesnt and simply refuses ??

Seriously though why should the government publish it's internal machinations to the opposition? Never happened before why now?

Not a question of "why should they".
They have been ordered to hand them over by midnight tomorrow thats all that is relevant. Your Johnson has everything to hide thats the issue here and because he's the ultimate compulsive liar he's been caught with his strides down on this one

Mate he's not "my Johnson" and as for him being a liar is this still about the buses or have we moved on from there yet?

He's a habitual liar that has been fired from at least 3 jobs for making stuff up. He's very much the same ilk as Nool in that lying comes completely naturally to the point its accepted you can't trust anything he says. His most recent barefaced lie was to the Queen for the Prorogue of Parliament, which is why no one will stand up in court. He's also lying over his attempts to get a deal, when no new proposals have been received by anyone.

His only way out of this mess which allows us to leave on the 31st without breaking the law is to bring back Mays deal from the dead and remove Great Britain from the backstop, it comes at a massive price and with several caveats.

Firstly you're literally throwing the Union into the Sea, the Irish Sea, the DUP will never forgive or forget and its likely to cause all manner of problems in Northern Ireland
The Lib Dems and SNP won't back it, probably around 30 - 40 Headbanger Tories won't either, meaning it will require Labour support
Its going to look pretty weak when Johnson allows the 30-40 headbangers to continue receiving the Tory Whip when he's just expelled 21 MP's for doing exactly the same

All in all it would theoretically get it over the line and allow Johnson some sort of legacy.

And yesterday you said,

The easiest way out of this has to be leaving with Mays deal except for a Northern Ireland backstop. The DUP would be upset but who cares.

Yer flip flopping like a Woolaston there Hugh.

No I'm not.

I said Bringing back Mays deal with an NI only backstop would be the easiest way out of this mess yesterday and I said it again today.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 8:25 pm

Governments Yellowhammer document wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Effects of no deal as a reasonable worst case scenario to deal to include
public disorder
- medicine disruption
- food and electricity prices
- job losses
- 3 months lorry disruption at bordeR

Increasingly the Government think they can ignore the judiciary, parliament because 48/52
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 9:32 pm

More project fear. It's getting boring now.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:10 pm

The English judges said it was legal last week, now these Scottish independent judges said it illegal, I know who I would take notice of.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 10:26 pm

Project fear?

You mean apart from the crashed currency, the price rises, food shortages, medicine shortages, the normalisation of lying, the worsening trade gap, the increase in hate crime and violent crime, the undermining of Parliament, the splintering of families, the division within the country, the rise of populism and the emboldening of the far right, the loss of high income jobs, the threat to peace in Ireland, the shortage of farm workers, the further alienation of Scotland, the weakening of our science base, the loss of health cover in 27 countries, the higher phone charges when travelling, the uncertainty over Gibraltar, the loss of Doctors and Nurses, the loss of influence in the world, the soaring debt, the £40 billion bill, the massive distraction from other issues and the international derision?

As someone once said, what harm will Brexit do to us?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyWed Sep 11, 2019 11:12 pm

FOR PROJECT FEAR.....READ REMAINERS....READ PARLIAMENT....READ THE ESTABLISHMENT.....READ SIT ON THE FENCE LABOUR....READ LIB/DEMS.....READ SNP.

NOTHING TO DO WITH LEAVING WITH A DEAL OR NOT.....YOU DON'T STAND THERE WAVING A EU FLAG IF YOUR DEBATING IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE WITH A DEAL OR WITHOUT ONE.

LETS GET ON WITH IT....HOW DARE A SCOTTISH COURT JUDGE THE GOVERNMENT'S SHUTTING DOWN PARLIAMENT..... WHO ARE TRYING TO GET THE VOTE OF 17.4 MILLION PEOPLE OVER THE LINE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 6:22 am

The only words I could see from the 'Yellowhammer' report was 'could, could, could, could, could, could, could' ad infinitum.

This report was compiled in the early days of Brexit negotiations by Theresa May's cabinet, based on a 'very' worst case scenario. I can't think why it would be released now!

At least, I think, project fear has peaked and the continuing number of people (remaniacs and brexiteeros) are seeing this for what it is. Total scaremongering Bollox - to the point it's toe-curling stuff from so-called intelligent governmental think-tanks.

How come to the growth in the economy, record number of people in work and the number of companies investing and hiring the highest for 12 months is not shoved in our face by our orwellian meeja, i,e Sly news and the British Bias Corporation?

I need to disconnect from this mind-warping shite and live on an Island. A remote island in the South pacific with just me dag, me D850 and a few pallets of Lidls peanut butter crunchy puffs.

Anyway. What's new on the jizzcams?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:12 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Project fear?

You mean apart from the crashed currency, the price rises, food shortages, medicine shortages, the normalisation of lying, the worsening trade gap, the increase in hate crime and violent crime, the undermining of Parliament, the splintering of families, the division within the country, the rise of populism and the emboldening of the far right, the loss of high income jobs, the threat to peace in Ireland, the shortage of farm workers, the further alienation of Scotland, the weakening of our science base, the loss of health cover in 27 countries, the higher phone charges when travelling, the uncertainty over Gibraltar, the loss of Doctors and Nurses, the loss of influence in the world, the soaring debt, the £40 billion bill, the massive distraction from other issues and the international derision?

Those documents released were doubtless heavily sanitized as well last night over Yellowhammer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:14 am

Operation Yellowhammer is an anagram of 'Orwell Mayhem' Someone's taking the piss, shorly? Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 8:35 am

zyph wrote:
FOR PROJECT FEAR.....READ REMAINERS....READ PARLIAMENT....READ THE ESTABLISHMENT.....READ SIT ON THE FENCE LABOUR....READ LIB/DEMS.....READ SNP.

NOTHING TO DO WITH LEAVING WITH A DEAL OR NOT.....YOU DON'T STAND THERE WAVING A EU FLAG IF YOUR DEBATING IF YOU WANT TO LEAVE WITH A DEAL OR WITHOUT ONE.

LETS GET ON WITH IT....HOW DARE A SCOTTISH COURT JUDGE THE GOVERNMENT'S SHUTTING DOWN PARLIAMENT..... WHO ARE TRYING TO GET THE VOTE OF 17.4 MILLION PEOPLE OVER THE LINE.

Its the Governments own report you nitwit, and given they couldn't even organise a traffic jam to test no deal contingency , its highly likely rather a lot of this will come to pass.

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:20 am

P.O.I wrote:
The only words I could see from the 'Yellowhammer' report was 'could, could, could, could, could, could, could' ad infinitum.

This report was compiled in the early days of Brexit negotiations by Theresa May's cabinet, based on a 'very' worst case scenario. I can't think why it would be released now!

At least, I think, project fear has peaked and the continuing number of people (remaniacs and brexiteeros) are seeing this for what it is. Total scaremongering Bollox - to the point it's toe-curling stuff from so-called intelligent governmental think-tanks.

How come to the growth in the economy, record number of people in work and the number of companies investing and hiring the highest for 12 months is not shoved in our face by our orwellian meeja, i,e Sly news and the British Bias Corporation?

I need to disconnect from this mind-warping shite and live on an Island. A remote island in the South pacific with just me dag, me D850 and a few pallets of Lidls peanut butter crunchy puffs.

Anyway. What's new on the jizzcams?

It was written as worst case, with no deal in mind and we had a remain PM and a remain chancellor who refused to spend money on any preparations for a no deal.

Any way the bias broadcasting corporation this morning has been talking endlessly about yellowhammer and how bad it said it would be and conveniently forget that with the law brought in outlawing no deal (our one chance of getting a better deal than may’s one though a turd in a paper bag would be better than her deal) has made yellowhammer irrelevant.

They also had some labour shadow something going on about Tory austerity and ignoring the fact that it was down to the last labour governments that squandered billions that caused the problems in the first place that those measures needed to be brought in.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:46 am

No it was written as "reasonable worst case", which is a clever way of hiding that it is also the Governments central forecast. Yes, it's possible that it could be better - but it is equally possible it could be worse.

The reason no money was spent on no deal planning was because getting a deal was going to be plain sailing. The Government is still playing at it when they claim there are "abundant solutions " to the Irish backstop.

It begs the question, what tangibles are we actually going to gain from this? Why are we even putting ourselves at risk of all this pain?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:51 am

For the last time it was written by a heavily remain Whitehall, ordered by a Remainer PM who wanted to leave with a deal, her deal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:52 am

We also have a Prime Minister that supported Brexit for reasons of Political Expediency not someone ideologically committed to the project.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
For the last time it was written by a heavily remain Whitehall, ordered by a Remainer PM who wanted to leave with a deal, her deal.

Nope. Dated 2nd August,
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:55 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Project fear?

You have listed things that might happen but probably won't plus all the stuff that has happened is a direct result of UNCERTAINTY over Brexit because banks and businesses can't plan. I fookin love the way the remainers are now painting the New IRA killing policemen as being caused by Brexit! Are they remainers too?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:57 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
We also have a Prime Minister that supported Brexit for reasons of Political Expediency not someone ideologically committed to the project.

Really? Fook me Hugh you are a sharp one.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:58 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Nope. Dated 2nd August,

That's the release date, who ordered written?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 9:59 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Nope. Dated 2nd August,

That's the release date, who ordered written?

Why hasn't it been updated then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:04 am

Is this the "remainer prime minister" that tried to sideline Parliament in order to activate arcticle 50, "Brexit means Brexit"?

Is that the one you are referring to?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:06 am

The Yellowhammer report was based on a 'worst' case scenario.

The worst case scenario every time I get on a plane is that it crashes and I die. Amazingly it hasn't happened yet! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:11 am

P.O.I wrote:

The worst case scenario every time I get on a plane is that it crashes and I die. Amazingly it hasn't happened yet! Laughing

No "Reasonable worst case scenario". The word reasonable is doing an awful lot of work. Its a clever piece of wording more notable for what it doesn't say than what it does. It means yeah things could be better but then they could also be worse.

the Plane analogy is a shit one because you get on a plane with a destination in mind which is lacking in this current shambles. Also crashing isn't a reasonable worst case scenario, that would be losing your luggage or plane being delayed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

No "Reasonable worst case scenario". The word reasonable is doing an awful lot of work. Its a clever piece of wording more notable for what it doesn't say than what it does. It means yeah things could be better but then they could also be worse.

the Plane analogy is a shit one because you get on a plane with a destination in mind which is lacking in this current shambles. Also crashing isn't a reasonable worst case scenario, that would be losing your luggage or plane being delayed.

I think I'd be 'reasonably' pissed off if I die! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 11:04 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Is this the "remainer prime minister" that tried to sideline Parliament in order to activate arcticle 50, "Brexit means Brexit"?

Is that the one you are referring to?

No I mean Theresa May. As for sidelining Parliament that is literally the funniest thing I've heard in three years. Parliament "took control" of the process months ago and we have descended into utter chaos since. TEN meaningful votes and they couldn't agree on fook all. All the shame lies on the sides of the remainers who have made our political system a world wide laughing stock whilst they (and you) are perfectly willing to see the country slide into the shite in case the parliamentarians actually deliver the will of the people. We voted for Brexit parliament should deliver Brexit, period.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 12, 2019 12:32 pm

P.O.I wrote:

Interestingly the Journalist that actually broke the Yellowhammer story said last night.

Rosamund Unwin wrote:
What's different about the new Yellowhammer document that the government has just published compared with the one I got hold of last month? The heading.
What did the version I had say? BASE SCENARIO
Now what does the new one say? HMG Reasonable Worst Case Planning Assumptions

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 9 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 29  Next