Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 10:03 am

I dare say Remainers are looking into a comment by little Porky Bunter who was at kindergarten with Boris..... that he had seen him scrumping apples from Farmer Giles orchard... which was next to their playground.....Boris had not given Porky even one bite from any of the apples that he had scrumped.....so feels that he is in his rights to whistle blow Boris.....just another fact proving that Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM.....the fact that Porky and Farmer Giles both voted to remain in the EU bares no relevance to the fact that Boris Johnson's character is tainted.... and he isn't fit to be PM.....even though at the time Porky was really really hungry and was longing for a bite of even one half rotten apple.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 11:08 am

SNP saying there could be a no confidence vote against Boris next week. The wicked witch of the north has stated she might be keen on backing Corbyn as a caretaker PM.

FOR THE CONSPIRACY THEORISTS

If the she devil is really keen on the above, I wonder what has been said behind closed doors - another referendum on independence being granted should Labour win a not too far off general election ?.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 1:59 pm

How many MPs would vote no confidence with the caveat that it results in a Corbyn/Sturgeon government? Not many I'd guess. A vote on Scottish Independance will be the only price she'd accept.
Sturgeon has to be the biggest hypocrite in the political system at the moment and that takes some doing. She insists we stay in Europe yet she's determined to split from the UK herself. I'd piss myself if we ended up with a hard border between us and Scotland.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 3:32 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
How many MPs would vote no confidence with the caveat that it results in a Corbyn/Sturgeon government? Not many I'd guess. A vote on Scottish Independance will be the only price she'd accept.
Sturgeon has to be the biggest hypocrite in the political system at the moment and that takes some doing. She insists we stay in Europe yet she's determined to split from the UK herself. I'd piss myself if we ended up with a hard border between us and Scotland.

The below article is from the express online and highlights a possible plan from Boris to scupper all remain efforts to thwart a no deal.

LINK

With the SNP suggesting they will go for a no confidence vote next week, should be an interesting few days in the house.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptySat Sep 28, 2019 5:05 pm

Johnsons finished politically and personally. Interim Government in place possibly by next Friday. Corbyn may get the numbers to lead it and he certainly has first dibs but I'd prefer Ken Clarke personally.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 10:24 am

The politics of today and the Brexit fisaco summed up in a couple of paragraphs,

According to The Daily Mail, anti-Brexit MPs are "dithering" over whether to try to bring down Boris Johnson during this Conservative party conference.
It says ministers are on standby to travel back to London from Manchester if any attempt is made to topple the PM - but the prospect of a formal vote of no-confidence "appears to be fading" as MPs squabble over who should replace him.

It's become much clearer since MPs have taken control of the process lmfao.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:11 pm

zyph wrote:
I dare say Remainers are looking into a comment by little Porky Bunter who was at kindergarten with Boris..... that he had seen him scrumping apples from Farmer Giles orchard... which was next to their playground.....Boris had not given Porky even one bite from any of the apples that he had scrumped.....so feels that he is in his rights to whistle blow Boris.....just another fact proving that Boris Johnson is not fit to be PM.....the fact that Porky and Farmer Giles both voted to remain in the EU bares no relevance to the fact that Boris Johnson's character is tainted.... and he isn't fit to be PM.....even though at the time Porky was really really hungry and was longing for a bite of even one half rotten apple.

Further to the above.......

Some women has suddenly claimed remembering that 20 YEARS AGO Boris Johnson squeezed her thigh......I hope he never brought his teacher an apple when he was at junior school....the cad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:26 pm

zyph wrote:
zyph wrote:

Some women has suddenly claimed remembering that 20 YEARS AGO Boris Johnson squeezed her thigh......I hope he never brought his teacher an apple when he was at junior school....the cad.

How may barrels have the UK mainstream gutter press scraped now? An unparalleled witch hunt there has ever been!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 12:59 pm

There were questions on 5live and LBC regarding the numbers to support a no confidence vote, it seems they may not have enough.

Lib Dems are not keen on Corbyn and it is highly unlikely those 21 Tories will not vote against the government.

And if they did have enough to pull it off, is there a guarantee from the EU that an extension will be granted while the UK fights out a general election - which will basically be another in-out referendum in all but name.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:21 pm

Really is getting quite ludicrous across the board. If Boris survives this week which seems unlikely he's faced with the Queen sacking the deceitful lying oaf.
Beyond a joke.
Really is time that another referendum was called and with absolute clarity both sides of the leave remain debate are informed in simple straight forward language the pros and cons of either selection.

Dont forget either what happens in January 2020 which Bozo and Mogg are so desperate to avoid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:31 pm

What is getting ludicrous is the lengths that remainers will stoop to stop Brexit and Boris.

It has taken these desperate people 3 years to bring up the allegations about his time as Mayor of London and 20 years for the woman to tell us what Boris is supposed to have done!

Total witch hunt.

They are shit scared of him and what he can do for the country.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:42 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Really is getting quite ludicrous across the board. If Boris survives this week which seems unlikely he's faced with the Queen sacking the deceitful lying oaf.
Beyond a joke.
Really is time that another referendum was called and with absolute clarity both sides of the leave remain debate are informed in simple straight forward language the pros and cons of either selection.

Dont forget either what happens in January 2020 which Bozo and Mogg are so desperate to avoid

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

No it's the parallel universe some of you remainers live in that's ludicrous. If Bojo survives the week the Queen will sack him. lol!
And as for clarity both sides are informed in clear and straightforward language of pros and cons? I think just reading your musings on the subject shows how far project fear has reached and how in the name of all that is holy do you think anyone can be properly informed by a press that is 99% remain?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 3:47 pm

P.O.I wrote:
zyph wrote:
zyph wrote:

How may barrels have the UK mainstream gutter press scraped now? An unparalleled witch hunt there has ever been!

On the Beeb earlier they summed up their smear campaign by saying, and I paraphrase not quote btw, "even if these allegations are proved unfounded it has left people wondering whether Johnson has a problem with women?" Really?
I think Johnsons main problem is his love of shagging blondes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 4:35 pm

If leaving the EU was even half as bad as predicted, I'd still be proud of my decision to vote Leave. Why? Brexit has ripped the mask clean off the establishment, the media, the chattering classes & exposed their utter contempt for the masses. Finally, we know where we stand. Thumbs
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:10 pm

Zackly.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyMon Sep 30, 2019 5:53 pm

P.O.I wrote:
If leaving the EU was even half as bad as predicted, I'd still be proud of my decision to vote Leave. Why? Brexit has ripped the mask clean off the establishment, the media, the chattering classes & exposed their utter contempt for the masses. Finally, we know where we stand. Thumbs

Amen, I'm with Michael Foot MP - he wanted us out of Europe.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyTue Oct 01, 2019 12:27 pm

I actually don't think leaving the EU is what scares our Remain establishment the most.

What they really fear is a public with a raging thirst for MORE democracy, more accountability and more scrutiny. They sense the push-back from beneath their boot and they don't like it!

The closer we get to a clean break Brexit, the more vicious and vindictive the establishment will become. - if that's at all possible.

Groping a thigh 20 years ago, lies, High courts, supremes courts, frothing, jabbing, threatening etc etc - brace yourselves! You ain't seen nothing yet. Laughing Old Boris better get himself a bigger tin hat! Laughing

Just for some icing to go on top of the cake - Johnson has confirmed on LBC he's going to prorogue parliament again! laugh Should be fun at the next PMQ's as the opposition and especially old Corbs go into meltdown. I think this'll finish him off. lol

If you were of a certain syncial nature - you could be forgiven for thinking Johnson was a troll, a wind-up merchant! Laughing
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 9:25 am

P.O.I wrote:
I actually don't think leaving the EU is what scares our Remain establishment the most.

What they really fear is a public with a raging thirst for MORE democracy, more accountability and more scrutiny. They sense the push-back from beneath their boot and they don't like it!

The closer we get to a clean break Brexit, the more vicious and vindictive the establishment will become. - if that's at all possible.

Groping a thigh 20 years ago, lies, High courts, supremes courts, frothing, jabbing, threatening etc etc - brace yourselves! You ain't seen nothing yet. Laughing Old Boris better get himself a bigger tin hat! Laughing

Just for some icing to go on top of the cake - Johnson has confirmed on LBC he's going to prorogue parliament again! laugh Should be fun at the next PMQ's as the opposition and especially old Corbs go into meltdown.  I think this'll finish him off. lol

If you were of a certain syncial nature - you could be forgiven for thinking Johnson was a troll, a wind-up merchant! Laughing

I believe it will be Diane - I hate Britain - Abbott doing PMQs this week.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 9:34 am

Hope she's got her calculator with her......Dominic Raab will be doing it for the government whilst Boris is speaking at the conference.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 11:10 am

Next 48 hours will see Boris almost certainly crash and burn. His latest plan delivered in the next hour already touted as unworkable by the EU who have been briefed.
Looking forward to his bluster later today at Conference. As Malcolm Rifkind said (who absolutely slaughtered Bozo earlier) what sort of a leader is manic enough to sack 21 of his own MPs and then hunt for an election
Even the most staunch Tory supporters must deep down know that this fella is a complete and utter nutjob and has to be kicked out from number 10 asap. Put Ken Clarke in there if Jezzer is unacceptable
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyWed Oct 02, 2019 2:23 pm

Johnson is trying to do what the 52% voted for him to do 3 years ago and guess what no one at any time added a caveat to the referendum that we'd leave with a deal. Even most remainers I know want Brexit sorted and Johnson is the only one with the bollocks to try and do it. The commons know the people will vote the Tories in again to get Brexit done even I would and I hate the feckers and that's why they will avoid an election. Look forward to a Corbyn/Sturgeon pact running the country for the next three years whilst they drop Brexit and get down to Scotland leaving the UK. Anybody that supports that has to be mental.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 6:43 am

After watching Johnsons speech I’m more convinced than ever that he’s what Ian Newell would be like if he was born into privilege.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 9:22 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
After watching Johnsons speech I’m more convinced than ever that he’s what Ian Newell would be like if he was born into privilege.

Slag BoJo off Hugh, no problem. But you've crossed a line there. bom
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 EmptyThu Oct 03, 2019 10:59 am

I think you flatter Doris to put him on a par with the Farm owner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 14 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 14 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 21 ... 29  Next