Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 8:56 am

seadog wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:
We don't have enough Naval craft to police our waters, a no deal may result in a bonanza for foreign fishermen.

lol! Or it may not. Time will tell.

It will indeed.

Perhaps we should build a wall?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 12:40 pm

The thing that gets forgotten in amongst all this posturing over sovereignty, firstly that Fisheries make up 0.1% of the GDP, hardly amounting to a hill of beans.

Secondly the bulk of what is landed the UK is coastal shoal fish like Herring and Mackerel, which we don't generally eat and which we export 80% of the EU. In the event of no deal, WTO tariffs on fish are going to be 9.6% which is clearly goign to ahmmer the industry.

The fish we actually eat - good old British fish and chips - mostly comes from Norway and Iceland. Both of which aren't in the EU but have access to the single market as members of the EEA. This option has been rejected in recent years, depiste everyone holding up Norway as an example as to how a nation can thrive outside the EU.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 24, 2020 4:55 pm

But there's plenty of Cod off our coasts and even in the Channel now yet we have little or no quota. We have a massive amount of shellfish and a very good stock of Sole, flatfish and Hake all top dollar fish but the good old EU take more of it than we do. As for the importance of fishing it's very important to our fishing fleet they may not be as numerous as bank workers but I'd rather they had our fish and landed it on our shores rather than some boat from Denmark who then sells and ships it back to us.
Am I the only person here who worries about air/sea miles and eating local fare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 9:42 pm

In the morning, for breakfast, I shall be having a full English with extra gammon, and perhaps some more gammon - followed by gammon flavoured tea and ironically gammon flavoured croissants on a gammon decorated plate. Pig
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyThu Jan 30, 2020 10:38 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
seadog wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:
We don't have enough Naval craft to police our waters, a no deal may result in a bonanza for foreign fishermen.

lol! Or it may not. Time will tell.

It will indeed.

Perhaps we should build a wall?

The invisible border up the middle of the Irish Sea can just be extended around the UK, foreign boats will simply stop steaming when they reach it.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:31 am

I shall break my alcohol fast this evening to toast Nigel and the Bheys!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 1:12 pm

ill be drinking the tears of terry christian at 2300 as the slimey toad starts crying over channel 4 still not bringing back the word because of brexit.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 7:51 pm

I will be getting pissed because we will get our rocking horse shit tonight (ref the ATD remainder troll).

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 8:53 pm

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 8:57 pm

Thousands of remaniacs 'and' Brexiters congregating in Trafalgar Square as the night goes on. What could possibly go wrong? And of course, it'll be the fault of the racist, bigoted little Englanders who voted to leave.

Meh, I'm off to the Winchester until this all blows over!
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 10:56 pm

People trying to let off fireworks whilst others try to piss on them is a great metaphor for Brexit.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm

parteeeeee drunk drunken

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Jan 31, 2020 11:07 pm

Just went rushing out side but literally nothing happened. It's the millennium all over again.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 12:20 am

Loads of fireworks at 11 o’clock where I am.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 5:38 am

Up early (having my gammon breakfast) looked out of the window and all the sheep in the fields are dead, planes have fallen out of the sky and there's no internet and my dogs leg has fallen off! Really? No, nothing. Nothing is going to happen. Godzilla will not invade Londinium, food will not run out, Argo's mankover not-so-'grand'stand will still be meh!

Drink tea and carry on!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptySat Feb 01, 2020 12:40 pm

Got a headache! pale

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

P.O.I wrote:
Up early (having my gammon breakfast) looked out of the window and all the sheep in the fields are dead, planes have fallen out of the sky and there's no internet and my dogs leg has fallen off! Really? No, nothing. Nothing is going to happen. Godzilla will not invade Londinium, food will not run out, Argo's mankover not-so-'grand'stand will still be meh!

Drink tea and carry on!

Thats because we are currently in transition. Subject to exactly the same regulations, quotas, tariffs and standards as if we were in the EU. Except if we don't like anything we can't do anything about it because we aren't in the EU.

This must be the taking back of control we've heard so much about
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 2:12 pm

Hugh Watt wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Drink tea and carry on!

Thats because we are currently in transition. Subject to exactly the same regulations, quotas, tariffs and standards as if we were in the EU. Except if we don't like anything we can't do anything about it because we aren't in the EU.

It's funny because everybody was warning us that we wouldn't be able to get any medicines or travel to the EU three years ago but well have to wait for another year before Armageddon arrives. Unless of course people do their jobs and actually plan for a known eventuality.
Your average remainers lack of faith for anybody to have any common sense or being able to operate without direct instruction from Brussells is as stupid as its insulting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 3:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Hugh Watt wrote:
P.O.I wrote:

Drink tea and carry on!

It's funny because everybody was warning us that we wouldn't be able to get any medicines or travel to the EU three years ago but well have to wait for another year before Armageddon arrives. Unless of course people do their jobs and actually plan for a known eventuality.
Your average remainers lack of faith for anybody to have any common sense or being able to operate without direct instruction from Brussells is as stupid as its insulting.

Jesus how hard is it to understand?

Because we left with a withdrawal agreement and decided we did not want continued membership of the single market and customs union, we have 12 months to replace it with a new trade structure or the Government works out which of its incompatible promises it decides to keep and who to screw over. Until then we are in a transition where we are subject to all the EU laws and customs.

Its all in the withdrawal agreement which went through parliament before xmas. Its law, there are no ifs, no buts about it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyMon Feb 03, 2020 3:28 pm

if those pesky foreigners didn't keep moving the goal posts it would be a lot easier.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 12:29 am

seadog wrote:
if those pesky foreigners didn't keep moving the goal posts it would be a lot easier.

lol its all falling to ratshit but is anyone surprised with a disinterested Bozo Dominic Cummings running the country

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 11:22 am

Its not boding particularly well for our post Brexit world when we're barely a week into being outside the EU, although currently subject to its rules, we've managed to piss off all of main allies
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 2:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 4:40 pm

I had a Remainer friend telling me yesterday how everything has gone to shite since Brexit but when I asked her for any examples got told to wait and see! It really is a mindset you have to work hard to get into. Another one I know has taken a job with border force which he's really enjoying, he actually asked me to point out one positive thing to come of Brexit and I said "your job" the miserable git couldn't even smile about that!
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 EmptySat Feb 08, 2020 2:45 pm

P.O.I wrote:
Thousands of remaniacs 'and' Brexiters congregating in Trafalgar Square as the night goes on. What could possibly go wrong? And of course, it'll be the fault of the racist, bigoted little Englanders who voted to leave.

Meh, I'm off to the Winchester until this all blows over!

There were a few out celebrating in Glasgow too, I read.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 28 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 28 of 29Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29  Next