Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...

Go down 
+17
Elias
Lord Melbury
argyl3
Dick Trickle
PlymptonPilgrim
Tgwu
Czarcasm
PatDunne
Rickler
zyph
Tringreen
VillageGreen
mouldyoldgoat
Les Miserable
Earwegoagain
harvetheslayer
seadog
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next
AuthorMessage

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 3:37 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jezza forming an alliance to stop a no deal Brexit, while Boris keeps his cards close to his chest.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nigel Farage says he will back Boris and a no deal but, would fight for every seat in a general election should government try to get the existing withdrawal agreement passed. Farage went on to say that if Boris was was sincere in doing the right thing, The Brexit Party and the government would be an unstoppable force should they work together to get a no deal over the line.

I can't wait until they all return to school after the summer holidays, the fun and games will recommence with haste.

They shouldn't even be on holiday while the country goes to rat shit, FFS. Still, priorities eh!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 3:46 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Jezza forming an alliance to stop a no deal Brexit, while Boris keeps his cards close to his chest.

Nigel Farage says he will back Boris and a no deal but, would fight for every seat in a general election should government try to get the existing withdrawal agreement passed. Farage went on to say that if Boris was was sincere in doing the right thing, The Brexit Party and the government would be an unstoppable force should they work together to get a no deal over the line.

I can't wait until they all return to school after the summer holidays, the fun and games will recommence with haste.

lol next week is going to be explosive in the Commons POI is trailering in the sackloads of popcorn as we speak popcorn3 chickendance
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:40 pm

P.O.I wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

They shouldn't even be on holiday while the country goes to rat shit, FFS. Still, priorities eh!

If Boris gets his way, they could be having more time off.

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2019 5:47 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

lol next week is going to be explosive in the Commons POI is trailering in the sackloads of popcorn as we speak popcorn3 chickendance

I have said it before many a time, you just could not have made any of this up back in 2016 when the great general public went to the ballot box.

There were saying on LBC last night that the EU are blinking first as a no deal will be bad for them too.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 11:41 am

Boris to visit Madge and ask for Parliament to be suspended. Constitutional outrage is what Bercow has said about it.

LINK
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 11:47 am

Wait for Bercrow to ignore all the rules and allow some half cocked made up method for MPs to " take back control of the process" again. Many twists and turns to come down this road yet.
I also saw that Bojo is now saying for EU to remove backstop and well go with Mays half in, half out deal, Shorely he doesn't mean it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 11:51 am

On an aside I was parked up overnight on the north coast the other night in my van and some young kids in old Transits parked up near by. I started talking to a young girl and remarked there are a lot of youngsters now buying vans and hitting the road. She replied that the recession was over and there was plenty of work around and they were having a great summer. I could have hugged her. It's so refreshing to speak to people that aren't determined to have a shit life doing feck all whilst blaming their shit life on Brexit and Trump.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 1:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Wait for Bercrow to ignore all the rules and allow some half cocked made up method for MPs to " take back control of the process" again. Many twists and turns to come down this road yet.
I also saw that Bojo is now saying for EU to remove backstop and well go with Mays half in, half out deal, Shorely he doesn't mean it?

Well, the remain MPs are taking it to the Scottish court to stop Boris, citing it is undemocratic. Is there stance not the same though.

75 remain MPs started their manoeuvre at the Court of Session in Edinburgh last month but, are pushing ahead to speed up the legality of it all. The Parliamentarians filed a motion today and have asked for an interim interdict to stop the shut down until the court hearing on September 6.

The court will respond on Thursday or Friday.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 1:28 pm

I wonder if Boris amongst his buffonary has even noticed todays response by the DUP to his idiocy....
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 2:56 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I wonder if Boris amongst his buffonary has even noticed todays response by the DUP to his idiocy....

The leader of the DUP, Arlene Foster, also welcomed the decision to suspend Parliament and have a Queen's Speech, but said the terms of her party's confidence and supply agreement with the Conservatives would now be reviewed.
"This will be an opportunity to ensure our priorities align with those of the government," she added.

Hardly a declaration of war is it?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Feckin Becrow out of his box again blustering about like the unelected little Cnut that he is. Time he was slapped down good and proper.
It's funny how all the suspending of parliament has been portrayed as completely unheard of and constitutionally unfair by the good old unbiased media yet it's a perfectly normal procedure, this is the longest session of parliament ever by some two hundred days yet the proposed 23 day shutdown is only ten days longer than previously recorded. In short its not even unusual. I don't see what they can do unless the Tories revolt in a no confidence vote and bring down their own government and put their owns jobs at risk. Lol to that.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 4:35 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

The leader of the DUP, Arlene Foster, also welcomed the decision to suspend Parliament and have a Queen's Speech, but said the terms of her party's confidence and supply agreement with the Conservatives would now be reviewed.
"This will be an opportunity to ensure our priorities align with those of the government," she added.

Didnt realise I had said it was. The DUP an hour after Boris goes rogue decide to review and lets be blunt "whether we can continue to support this rabble"
What a massive coincidence that was....
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 5:36 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Didnt realise I had said it was.  The DUP an hour after Boris goes rogue decide to review and lets be blunt "whether we can continue to support this rabble"

Your words or those of the DUP?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Didnt realise I had said it was.  The DUP an hour after Boris goes rogue decide to review and lets be blunt "whether we can continue to support this rabble"

Your words or those of the DUP?

Wozzers..
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2019 8:09 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

On the news they said the DUP were the only nationalists to support this.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 9:29 am

Funny as feck listening to remainers getting their knickers in a twist over Boris’s move to help us get Brexit done. Shouting about how it’s un democratic. Obviously it only un democratic when it suits them.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 9:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 9:41 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Funny as feck listening to remainers getting their knickers in a twist over Boris’s move to help us get Brexit done. Shouting about how it’s un democratic. Obviously it only un democratic when it suits them.

And it's funny how the Beeb and all other news channels are banging on about how it's unconstitutional when it clearly isn't, at all.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 11:04 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

And it's funny how the Beeb and all other news channels are banging on about how it's unconstitutional when it clearly isn't, at all.

King Charles I suspended Parliament in June 1628.

In the below link, go to personal rule.

It also happened in 1831, 1948 and 1997.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 12:44 pm

Total over reaction by the remainiacs.

Tiz all getting interesting though! Laughing
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 3:39 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Nope....I voted out but like everyone else expected an orderly exit. As a reminder nobody searched "no deal" via Google for one whole year after the Referendum.
The "remainers" as you call them are in fact heavily populated with "leavers" who have accepted as I have the result of the referendum but expect an orderly and calm exit

What Boris has actually done is sent a clear (and perhaps clever message) to Barnier and Tusk that you remove the backstop or we're gone. The EU are under no illusion now
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 3:44 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Nope....I voted out but like everyone else expected an orderly exit. As a reminder nobody searched "no deal" via Google for one whole year after the Referendum.
The "remainers" as you call them are in fact heavily populated with "leavers" who have accepted as I have the result of the referendum but expect an orderly and calm exit

What Boris has actually done is sent a clear (and perhaps clever message) to Barnier and Tusk that you remove the backstop or we're gone. The EU are under no illusion now

Ties in with the comments made by one or two commentators that it is the EU who are blinking first.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 4:38 pm

For all his bafoonery - and I know many will disagree - but Boris is spot on taking the line of cracking on towards an EU exit (deal or no deal) and making all the right sounds regarding it. I think it’ll turn out to be the cleverest political bluff possibly ever - and I reckon Brussels will keep blinking all the way until we finally actually get a deal agreed that’s more advantageous to us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 4:58 pm

I disagree with all of that. What he's done is seen the Anti No deal wing unite into some sort of cohort, shit himself and pushed the nuclear button. Its easy to overestimate him.

Except he hasn't prorogued parliament beyond the 31st October threshold. So he hasn't even got the guts to go fully nuclear.

It worth remembering the backstop is a UK request and an EU concession in the first place, one which we signed up to in December 2017, when Johnson was in the Foreign Office. It is the only possible outcome to prevent the closing of the Irish border with the demand to end freedom of movement.

Until the UK decides whether it wants equivalence on customs and regulations with the EU then the backstop has to remain and it will remain.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 29, 2019 5:34 pm

I want to know how will the Irish Rep receive all their goods from Europe when most of it comes through the UK

This petition what is going around, how many who signed it are not UK citizens
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...   EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath... - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

EU referendum...THE RESULT...and aftermath...
Page 4 of 29Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16 ... 29  Next