womble
sufferedsince 68
Earwegoagain
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. Empty
PostSubject: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 12:35 pm

Police say they are investigating after an FA Cup match between Haringey Borough and Yeovil Town was abandoned amid reports of racial abuse by fans.

Officers are also investigating after items were reportedly thrown onto the playing area, a Metropolitan Police spokesperson told BBC Sport.

Saturday's match was abandoned after Haringey's manager took his team off the field in the second half.

There have been no arrests yet and inquiries are continuing.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 12:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Police say they are investigating after an FA Cup match between Haringey Borough and Yeovil Town was abandoned amid reports of racial abuse by fans.

Officers are also investigating after items were reportedly thrown onto the playing area, a Metropolitan Police spokesperson told BBC Sport.

Saturday's match was abandoned after Haringey's manager took his team off the field in the second half.

There have been no arrests yet and inquiries are continuing.
Lets hope they start jailing the Morons involved, i think that sends out a message to racists and bigots everywhere.
Back to top Go down
womble

womble

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 3:00 pm

Agreed, lock up the scumbags. Utter vermin to shout such vile stuff - some people think the law of the land and basic decency stops when you enter a football ground.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I know quite a few Yeovil fans,
I realise there are idiots in every fan base,
But none of the few I know would do such a thing,

Not that I'm condoning the few that may have said something,

Some have hung them before they are proven guilty but they have to be outraged by something
Back to top Go down
Punchdrunk

Punchdrunk

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 3:50 pm

Such a shame that a proven homophobe among our supporters is allowed to suit it up in the directors box on a fairly regular basis.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 5:07 pm

It's not Yovo fans or Bulgarian fans in general there is a tiny minority on most clubs and in life itself. I think after the seventies/eighties there has been a crackdown yet I think it's just been creeping in again and needs stamping out. Feckin pathetic behaviour.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

Location : Giving Lee Jameson's private detective the slip and runaround

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySun Oct 20, 2019 5:59 pm

Not saying that any incident did or did not take place but Haringey have played the race card before when things didn't go there way.

They also told a Herne Bay fan to remove his Northern Ireland flag from the ground, but they allowed their own fans to display a Basque separatist groups flag.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 3:38 am

Before the incident, the Haringey keeper is alleged to have squirted water, from his bottle over the fans before the penalty was taken, which caused them to throw a bottle back and use racist language (which was totally unnecessary).
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 9:57 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
Before the incident, the Haringey keeper is alleged to have squirted water, from his bottle over the fans before the penalty was taken, which caused them to throw a bottle back and use racist language (which was totally unnecessary).

If there's any evidence of this from the film, then the FA can retrospectively give the keeper a straight red card for violent conduct.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptyMon Oct 21, 2019 5:36 pm

Interesting development bt didn't mention this on Saturday afternoon study
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 10:14 am

Chemical Ali wrote:

This what I’ve been told by fans that were there - yes it all got out of hand but the initial issue was the water squirting. Having lived for 30years close to Yeovil this story is quite out of character with the fan base - blown out of proportion I’m afraid.
Back to top Go down
Bob Crow

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptyFri Oct 25, 2019 5:28 pm

As of yet, all that's been substantiated is that bottles were thrown. Police have released the two arrested and no racist comments have yet been substantiated.

Could this be the third time that Haringey's chairman has to apologise to another club for false allegations? He's already had to apologise to Brightlingsea Regent and Harlow Town after false racist allegations were made by his players. He also had to apologise to Herne Bay after making a fan remove s Northern Ireland flag.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. EmptySat Oct 26, 2019 7:08 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Chemical Ali wrote:

This what I’ve been told by fans that were there - yes it all got out of hand but the initial issue was the water squirting. Having lived for 30years close to Yeovil this story is quite out of character with the fan base - blown out of proportion I’m afraid.

I concur, don't know any yeovil fans who would act that way,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.   Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment. Empty

Back to top Go down

Haringey v Yovo racist abandonment.
Page 1 of 1