Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)

Go down 
+12
sufferedsince 68
Yea Man
Czarcasm
Rickler
Earwegoagain
Les Miserable
MikeWN
harvetheslayer
akagreengull
Elias
Freathy
Tgwu
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) Empty
PostSubject: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:02 am

Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Man in the middle
MARTIN COY
In 19 games so far this season he has shown 62 yellow cards and two reds.

Assisted by Paul Newhouse and Gary Hilton

Fourth Official : Chris Isherwood

Carlisle Club News

United return to Brunton Park for the first time in what feels like an age on Saturday afternoon when they play host to high-flying Plymouth Argyle.

Carlisle  manager We’ve had nine games and only three of them have been at home, so I really am looking forward to it.
It’s been a hectic period, so it was good to get a full week to prepare we had a couple of days, I think they needed that because you spend a lot of time with each other so it is good to refresh everything and then go again, and we have been back at it and working hard this week.

I’d rather score one more goal than the opponent than keep 10 clean sheets.

Carlisle Match Previews

On what we can expect from the Pilgrims, he said: They’re excellent at manipulating the football, they use the full width of the pitch and generally play with two lads up front.

They’ve got very attacking central midfield players, players I’ve known a long time who played against my youth teams years ago, Danny Mayor and people like that. They’ll be strong, but we’ve got to go against that and put our footprint in the game.
They’re a very good side and they play decent football. They get the ball wide, they go for the box and they cross a lot. They have a number of players who can score from outside the area and they have some outstanding individuals.

They’re in a very good place as a club, they have the new stand open at their stadium, an unbelievable manager and a great facility. They’ll be coming here wanting three points and it’ll be up to us to turn the point we start with into three.”
I think they’ve got a great manager in Ryan [Lowe], He did a great with Bury, especially towards the end when the players weren’t getting paid and there was a lot of turmoil around the club. He’s put his stamp on what they’re doing there at Plymouth.
I want the fans to see performances that represent them, he said. They want to see hard work, players going in for tackles, players tracking back, great skill and great goals.

They want to support that and we’ve got to provide that for them. Sometimes at football clubs people say the fans are quiet today, but the players have a responsibility to get them going and the fans have a responsibility to get the players going.
We want to beat Plymouth and represent our supporters in the right way, but of course what you want and what you get are often very different. We’ve got to make sure we get the three points.

Injuries

Injury situation We have none for us, other than Jarrad Branthwaite. Everybody else is good, and Dolly’s confident that the ones that didn’t quite make last week’s squad will be training on Friday. Mo Sagaf turned his ankle at Crewe, and he’s done some running. I’m looking forward to him hopefully training today, but can’t confirm that until we see how Thursday has gone for him.
Christie Elliott was a chest infection, he trained today [Thursday],

Transfers

We signed central defender Max Hunt on an 18-month contract from Derby County,
Gethin Jones signed a deal until the end of the season.

Argyle review of the game

It has been a difficult season for Carlisle, on and off the pitch, with poor results and a change of head coach combined with a high turnover of players and a reduced budget to work with.
Carlisle have won two, drawn five and lost two of their nine matches in all competitions under new manger Beech.
As the current position of fourth-bottom would indicate. Carlisle have not managed to build any serious winning momentum and their struggles in the autumn eventually cost Steven Pressley his job.

In their worst periods they were defensively loose and toothless in attack, lacking a consistent formula. Certain summer signings have not lived up to hopes and a policy of patience on loan strikers in the summer also backfired.

There have been certain improvements under Chris Beech, Given their league position now, what are the hopes and expectations for the rest of the season? The hope is for any sort of run of victories that can take Carlisle into the comfort of mid-table.
The expectation is probably slightly lesser - simply to see League Two survival achieved.

Chris Beech has recently taken over as manager. and  Carlisle have been a bit more solid in his nine games. Other than in defeats at Colchester and Crewe, they have looked tougher to beat and, in three home games, the head coach has yet to see his side concede.
Beech has reduced the attempts to play out from the back that had been a hallmark (and not always in a good way) of Pressley's latter months in charge.

Carlisle do not have the biggest of squads, and have had their share of illness and injury issues recently, so commitments on different fronts may stretch it further.

Key Players

He has been sidelined recently, and is not certain to play this weekend, but 17-year-old defender Jarrad Branthwaite (who made his league debut against Argyle in October) has been the most talked-about player at the club this season.
Other key men include the former Argyle loanee Gethin Jones,  his midfield namesake Mike, now the club's longest-serving player and goalkeeper Adam Collin, still a reliable No1 at this level. Nathan Thomas had a spell at Argyle earlier in his career and became a fans' favourite with his wing play.

Argyle Team news

Former Plymouth Argyle adversary Paul Cook is helping the Pilgrims out with training facilities for their away game against Carlisle United on Saturday.

It is all part of Ryan Lowe’s thorough planning for Argyle’s longest trip of the season.

The Pilgrims’ squad left Home Park after training on Thursday and travelled to a hotel in the north-west of England.

They will then complete the mammoth trek to Cumbria on Friday.

Before that, however, they will train at Wigan Athletic’s training ground, thanks to Cook, who is the Latics’ boss.

Josh Grant re-signs on loan to Argyle for the rest of the season.

Ryan Hardie a 22-year-old Blackpool striker will spend the rest of the season with the Pilgrims on loan.

McFadzean closing in on a comeback also is Dom Telford

Rudden linked with Partick move, Billy Clarke is joining Ian Holloway at Grimsby Town.

TAFARI Moore has been offered a settlement deal to release him from his Argyle contract and pursue a career elsewhere.

Fans

There is a 4am start for travelling fans
Ryan Lowe is paying for breakfast for them

Last edited by Tgwu on Sat Jan 11, 2020 2:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:03 am

I hoping for a Birthday wish of a 2 - nil win for Argyle
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 7:28 am

Very tough one. Think Carlisle will have far too much for us today.

Carlisle Utd 2-0 Argo
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 7:34 am

Cold wind today.
Early start, any atd going up apart from me?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:03 am

I think RL has organised well for this game, so going for a win taking into account current form.
COYG cheers
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:32 am

2-1 Victory cementing our position in top 7
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:33 am

We don't have a good record at Carlisle?
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 8:48 am

Elias wrote:
So far.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 9:17 am

Just going by my north of Preston it's completely shut...... Travel club gonna struggle to be there on time
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 9:38 am

akagreengull wrote:
Elias wrote:
So far.

Thumbs Quite. Shits gonna get real sooner or later under RL. Damn, he a fine bruh. He dope.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 10:20 am

[Freathy]Carlisle should have too much for the worst team in the history of human sporting activity. 3-0 defeat. [/Freathy]

I do actually see a hiccup here. 1-0 Carlisle
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 10:28 am

It's a long old poke but every point is a prisoner...2-2
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 10:48 am

Elias wrote:
Just going by my north of Preston it's completely shut...... Travel club gonna struggle to be there on time

lol should have left at midnight like the old Wallie Trolley specials in the 70's.
Out of interest was anyone here on the Travel Club away to Oxford must have been late 70's maybe 1980 when a brick got hurled through side window  ??

Or for that matter must have been same era on Travel Club cant recall where we were going but coach going at 70mph on M5 and a pheasant hit the front screen (passenger side fortunately) and Liz Antrobus and my future mother in law Lena in the front seats covered in shit blood feathers and whats left of the pheasant on their laps lol

Looking back am surprised it went straight through but I suppose its some size and weight. Lena was moaning as blood had got on her egg and bacon pie she was eating lol

Pretty sure Clive the programme seller was sat behind them with that Keith who used to run the coaches
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 11:13 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Elias wrote:

lol should have left at midnight like the old Wallie Trolley specials in the 70's.
Out of interest was anyone here on the Travel Club away to Oxford must have been late 70's maybe 1980 when a brick got hurled through side window  ??

Remember the Friday midnight coach to Hull the 70s leaving from Bretonside - had a great kip virtually all night sleeping off the pubs and ending off in ‘Rooftop’ or was it Woods then? Strangest thing was driving through Hull city centre in the morning there were hundreds of Leeds fans waiting for coaches to I think Elland Road - also caught the train to the ground where the station at Boothberry was on the back of the side stand. Certainly remember the bone chilling wind off that east coast and stupidly nursing a hangover in virtual summer clobber. Oh those awaydaze!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Elias wrote:

Remember the Friday midnight coach to Hull the 70s leaving from Bretonside - had a great kip virtually all night sleeping off the pubs and ending off in ‘Rooftop’ or was it Woods then? Strangest thing was driving through Hull city centre in the morning there were hundreds of Leeds fans waiting for coaches to I think Elland Road - also caught the train to the ground where the station at Boothberry was on the back of the side stand. Certainly remember the bone chilling wind off that east coast and stupidly nursing a hangover in virtual summer clobber. Oh those awaydaze!!

lol yes they were the days. For some God knows reason we left for a match at Derby at midnight on Wally Arnold as were going to watch Paul Mariner who had signed for Ipswich just before. Full coach as well I remember wandering around Derby at 9am as a wet behind the ears 16 year old suffering from a Rum headache of epic proportions gained from the previous night at the Stoke inn.

Memorable for the hat being passed around for a collection by Bob Vale for the drivers coming home that got 38p
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:21 pm

Plymouth Argyle FC Retweeted

Gregg Wylde

Gutted the games off today Clyde FC . To keep me busy today making short trip down to Carlisle to watch Argyle today
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:23 pm

Carlisle weather

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 1:26 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Elias wrote:

lol yes they were the days. For some God knows reason we left for a match at Derby at midnight on Wally Arnold as were going to watch Paul Mariner who had signed for Ipswich just before. Full coach as well I remember wandering around Derby at 9am as a wet behind the ears 16 year old suffering from a Rum headache of epic proportions gained from the previous night at the Stoke inn.

Memorable for the hat being passed around for a collection by Bob Vale for the drivers coming home that got 38p

Have to pay homage to Trathens and Wally Arnold for sneaking on the homeward journeys for my hitching to away games at:

Brighton
Bristol Rovers
Bristol City
Hereford
West Brom
Forest
Orient
Oxford
Walsall

Madness of youth!!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:04 pm

Horrendous downpour now
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Today's team

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 2:37 pm

Should be enough in that forward line to overpower Carlisle
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:22 pm

Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Bandwagon wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Elias wrote:

Have to pay homage to Trathens and Wally Arnold for sneaking on the homeward journeys for my hitching to away games at:

Brighton
Bristol Rovers
Bristol City
Hereford
West Brom
Forest
Orient
Oxford
Walsall

Madness of youth!!

Me and a mate used to do the same, went to the Brighton game, hitched up day before, got pissed, slept by the arches on the beach, went on the piss, then the game then bunked on the coach. I remember a guy doing the head count before we left and when he got to us he kind of paused, realised we weren't meant to be there and just carried on counted, bless him. I remember Andy Howard doing the same on a coach at Colston Hall after we'd hitched up to see Black Sabbath. Happy days. I reckon from memory it was 1980.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:33 pm

0-1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:40 pm

Young Jephers again. Good lad.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) EmptySat Jan 11, 2020 3:41 pm

Argyle need to try and replicate this first half performance for the 2nd 45. Complete dominance so far.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)   Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team) Empty

Back to top Go down

Carlisle United v Plymouth Argyle (and Team)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next