Grace Less
Lord Melbury
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Angry

Angry

Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyMon Jun 20, 2022 7:34 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
The move didn’t exactly please some of their own fans when they left High Wycombe!

They were originally the London Wasps and I imagine they've garnered a few Wycombe fans alone the way. I believe to Coventry and back must be something like 150miles for those Wycombe Wasps - and that's before you buy your ticket.

if there are fans who make that trip then fair play to them but i cant see many Wasps fans stuck with them when they moved out of High Wycombe much like the Wimbledon fans who refused to follow MK Dons or make the trip up to milton keynes to watch the team still.

Would be interesting to see if Wasps end up deciding to move back to London whether their old core of fans would return.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 8:53 am

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:
The move didn’t exactly please some of their own fans when they left High Wycombe!

They were originally the London Wasps and I imagine they've garnered a few Wycombe fans alone the way. I believe to Coventry and back must be something like 150miles for those Wycombe Wasps - and that's before you buy your ticket.

if there are fans who make that trip then fair play to them but i cant see many Wasps fans stuck with them when they moved out of High Wycombe much like the Wimbledon fans who refused to follow MK Dons or make the trip up to milton keynes to watch the team still.

Would be interesting to see if Wasps end up deciding to move back to London whether their old core of fans would return.

Here's the latest regarding Wasps RFC money problems. Click onto comments section plus the 'older replies' within to garner some of the local feelings regarding Wasps unwelcome incursion into their manor.

Ordinarily I would have sympathy for any club facing these circumstances (I was one of the very few on Exeweb that didn't want to see PAFC go to the wall during your troubles), but the continuous rumblings from that club and fanbase aimed at the the Chiefs finally put paid to that.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/wasps-confirm-further-delay-repayment-24362226

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptySun Jul 03, 2022 7:08 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
mouldyoldgoat wrote:

Here's the latest regarding Wasps RFC money problems. Click onto comments section plus the 'older replies' within to garner some of the local feelings regarding Wasps unwelcome incursion into their manor.

Ordinarily I would have sympathy for any club facing these circumstances (I was one of the very few on Exeweb that didn't want to see PAFC go to the wall during your troubles), but the continuous rumblings from that club and fanbase aimed at the the Chiefs finally put paid to that.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/wasps-confirm-further-delay-repayment-24362226

the owners/board of Wasps got too greedy and selfish and now are paying the price and more than likely loose out on the stadium and end up back in london or wycombe before too long unless the rather unpleasant person who owns mk dons fancies buying them next.

As for exeweb thankyou btw and they had very short memories considering there where plenty of argyle fans donating to city when they where facing being liquidated after the uri gellar and michael jackson fiasco..
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Aug 03, 2022 7:19 pm

I was led to believe that the Chiefs had completed all their intended signings for this coming season but because of the long term injury to Ollie Devoto it seems it was necessary to sign this fellow. Initially it's for the one season, however, if Rob Baxter feels he's signed a diamond in the rough he'll almost certainly extend his stay. Welcome Solomone Kata....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/kata-joins-the-chiefs
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyThu Aug 04, 2022 5:16 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
I was led to believe that the Chiefs had completed all their intended signings for this coming season but because of the long term injury to Ollie Devoto it seems it was necessary to sign this fellow. Initially it's for the one season, however, if Rob Baxter feels he's signed a diamond in the rough he'll almost certainly extend his stay. Welcome Solomone Kata....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/kata-joins-the-chiefs

if Kata does the biz there is no way Baxter would let him go without a fight.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 05, 2022 8:49 am

Here is the latest concerning Wasps RFC and how it might effect Coventry City FC their neighbours at what was formerly the Ricoh Arena....

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sport/football/football-news/major-coventry-city-takeover-developments-24646737

For those who might like a more in-depth analysis as regards how it might concern both clubs I suggest logging onto Saracens Rugby Forum's page 3 of the Wasps thread.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 12, 2022 6:11 pm

i read today that theb chiefs have banned the tomahawk chat and music to go with their rebrand to rid themselves of the native american stuff that wasnt a problem till some transexuals jumping on the blm protests demanded it changed.

shame as that chant was great to hear especially in the ground. Does exeter have their own version of janners janners to chant instead now?
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptySat Aug 13, 2022 8:58 am

Angry wrote:
i read today that theb chiefs have banned the tomahawk chat and music to go with their rebrand to rid themselves of the native american stuff that wasnt a problem till some transexuals jumping on the blm protests demanded it changed.

shame as that chant was great to hear especially in the ground. Does exeter have their own version of janners janners to chant instead now?

This clip has CEO Tony Rowe explaining why they decided to embrace change with the clubs branding. Notice about halfway through the clip he voiced that things started to kick-off "about two to three years ago" but when you consider that the Chiefs first won promotion to the top league in 2010 there was absolutely no discontent over the branding for about seven to eight peaceful years - until George Floyd died when a police officer knelt on his neck. Floyd certainly didn't deserve to die the way he did but he was hardly the pillar of respectability. This event brought about the birth of BLM and what else followed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoOkETXC9C8

As regards the chant which played when the team run onto the field - the broadcasting system plays what sounded like a full classical orchestra playing a sort of "da da daaa, da da daaa" which you might expect from a 1950's B western when the camera pans on group of Indians on a cliff watching a passing stagecoach. As regards to stopping fans from humming it throughout the game remains to be seen.

Never heard any Janner, Janner chanting ever. After the game behind the South Stand, there's marquee where a beer fueled singsong always enquires about someone called Alice Wink Wink
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 7:49 am

Worcester Warriors RFC are the latest club facing monetary problems with HM Revenue and Customs chasing the club with a winding-up order for the non-payment of taxes....

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-union/

Meanwhile the Chiefs sign this fellow from the Brumbies....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/baxter-tips-sio-to-have-immediate-impact
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyFri Aug 19, 2022 6:59 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

This clip has CEO Tony Rowe explaining why they decided to embrace change with the clubs branding. Notice about halfway through the clip he voiced that things started to kick-off "about two to three years ago" but when you consider that the Chiefs first won promotion to the top league in 2010 there was absolutely no discontent over the branding for about seven to eight peaceful years - until George Floyd died when a police officer knelt on his neck. Floyd certainly didn't deserve to die the way he did but he was hardly the pillar of respectability. This event brought about the birth of BLM and what else followed on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VoOkETXC9C8

As regards the chant which played when the team run onto the field - the broadcasting system plays what sounded like a full classical orchestra playing a sort of "da da daaa, da da daaa" which you might expect from a 1950's B western when the camera pans on group of Indians on a cliff watching a passing stagecoach. As regards to stopping fans from humming it throughout the game remains to be seen.

Never heard any Janner, Janner chanting ever. After the game behind the South Stand, there's marquee where a beer fueled singsong always enquires about someone called Alice Wink Wink  

The branding was never an issue till people started to get offended by nothing as now instead of a company standing its ground it caves in and appeases small numbers of idiots over the majority who dont have an issue with it. Guranteed those same fools that cost the chiefs all ths money rebranding with a Genghis khan logo will demand the chiefs tag is removed also. It wont ever stop sadly once you give in to the demands of a few. They will always want more.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2022 6:16 pm

Amazing game yesterday probably more enjoyable for a neutrals to be fair but a great advert for the premiership none the less.

Going to a sad day when simmonds and Nowell leave in the summer for france Sad
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 8:46 pm

Angry wrote:
Amazing game yesterday probably more enjoyable for a neutrals to be fair but a great advert for the premiership none the less.

It was a great game Angry.
First half was the best I’ve seen them play for some time.
Bit sad about Sam Simmonds leaving but understandable given the current salary cap limitations.
No overly bothered by Jack Nowell going as I feel his best days are behind him & he’s getting a bit of an expensive luxury with his recent injury record.
Should never have let Tom O’Flaherty go.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 28, 2022 9:58 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
Angry wrote:

It was a great game Angry.
First half was the best I’ve seen them play for some time.
Bit sad about Sam Simmonds leaving but understandable given the current salary cap limitations.
No overly bothered by Jack Nowell going as I feel his best days are behind him & he’s getting a bit of an expensive luxury with his recent injury record.
Should never have let Tom O’Flaherty go.

Simmonds going to France is going have a knock on effect to so many nevermind the Chiefs. The premiership loses a star and England are denied a player hitting his peak for however long he chooses to remain there given the silly rules about players playing abroad. Mind you Eddie doesnt pick him regardless of his current form so maybe he wants to get the money now as rfu wont get rid of jones anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 7:54 am

I think EJ’s comtract runs out after the next world cup. Wouldn’t be surprised if the rules are then changed to include foreign based players in the England team, otherwise the team will be quite weak given the number of players likely to leave the failing Premiership.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 29, 2022 5:52 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
I think EJ’s comtract runs out after the next world cup. Wouldn’t be surprised if the rules are then changed to include foreign based players in the England team, otherwise the team will be quite weak given the number of players likely to leave the failing Premiership.

there is no reason that i can think off that should prevent a player playing in france or even that clusterfuck league contain the clubs from wales, Ireland, Scotland Italy and south africa. Their seasons are pretty much insync with the premiership as are the internationals and its not like they are in australia where they have to travel around the world to get to training camp.

Hopefully the rules change for better as you say alot of players are opting for the french leagues for the money leaving any english head coach a selection headache.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2022 5:35 pm

Lord Melbury wrote:
I think EJ’s comtract runs out after the next world cup....................

What's your take on this ... could Rob's stepping from match-day duties with the Chiefs mean something else?

https://www.rugbypass.com/news/on-matchdays-rob-necessarily-wont-be-with-the-team-baxter-exeter/

Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 1:59 pm

Cracking win last night by the Chiefs when they ran out 14 - 50 winners away against Bristol Bears. Bristol started strongly and I thought the Chiefs were in for a tough ride. However, they gradually took control and in the last 10 minutes looked like they could score at will. Ellis Genge, Bristol's loose head prop, hardly covered himself in glory when the Chiefs ran in 2 converted tries while he occupied the sin-bin for ten minutes in the 1st half and was later threatened with a red card if he didn't curb his tongue.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 6:56 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Cracking win last night by the Chiefs when they ran out 14 - 50 winners away against Bristol Bears. Bristol started strongly and I thought the Chiefs were in for a tough ride. However, they gradually took control and in the last 10 minutes looked like they could score at will. Ellis Genge, Bristol's loose head prop, hardly covered himself in glory when the Chiefs ran in 2 converted tries while he occupied the sin-bin for ten minutes in the 1st half and was later threatened with a red card if he didn't curb his tongue.

i was there for the game it was bloody fantastic to see. The Brizzle lot where not impressed at all lol
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyTue Oct 11, 2022 4:12 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:

i was there for the game it was bloody fantastic to see. The Brizzle lot where not impressed at all lol

I watched on TV and was amused to see the Briz fans streaming out before the end. The cheering was loud when the Chiefs scored so a sizeable crowd must have journeyed up with you.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Oct 12, 2022 1:07 pm

New Aussie prop jets in...

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/sio-joins-the-chiefs
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:26 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/63520511

doesnt look good for the chiefs :O i imagine the rebrand forced upon them by the idiots who still dont go to games cost a pretty penny and hasnt helped with the debts. I dont see them doing a wasps or worchester however key players i cant see getting renewed in the summer as they cant afford them which was the case anyways with some. A stark reminder that Rugby union needs to live within its means more and curb the spiraling costs before the game implodes.  

If i where to guess i would say they will sell the hotel but would they get the £28m for it i dont think so.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 10:49 am

Angry wrote:

doesnt look good for the chiefs :O i imagine the rebrand forced upon them by the idiots who still dont go to games cost a pretty penny and hasnt helped with the debts. I dont see them doing a wasps or worchester however key players i cant see getting renewed in the summer as they cant afford them which was the case anyways with some. A stark reminder that Rugby union needs to live within its means more and curb the spiraling costs before the game implodes.  

If i where to guess i would say they will sell the hotel but would they get the £28m for it i dont think so.

The possible sale of some or all of the club's shares in the hotel has been on most people's lips but we will just have to bide our time until they open up on it.

Here's the club's statement.....

https://www.exeterchiefs.co.uk/news/club-statement-november-22

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 6:48 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

The possible sale of some or all of the club's shares in the hotel has been on most people's lips but we will just have to bide our time until they open up on it.

its handy that they have assets to sell in order to balance the books. hopefully they wont have to do this again.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyWed Nov 09, 2022 8:17 pm

Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

its handy that they have assets to sell in order to balance the books. hopefully they wont have to do this again.

Slippery slope if you ask me. On the other hand maybe they should just stick to playing Rugby anyway. It's funny really that all the Rugby clubs wanted to be like the football clubs ànd lo and behold now they are and all going to the dogs.
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 5:47 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Hugh Midde wrote:
Angry wrote:

Slippery slope if you ask me. On the other hand maybe they should just stick to playing Rugby anyway. It's funny really that all the Rugby clubs wanted to be like the football clubs ànd lo and behold now they are and all going to the dogs.

Nooo!! Before Covid-19 upset the applecart the Chiefs were rubbing along nicely while banking the profits. Covid reduced them to playing in empty stadiums both home and away. Also, travelling to 'away' matches proved costly as 2 coaches are required, plus (One of the drivers told me this) even when playing nearby clubs such as Bristol, Barf or Gloucester, they always journey up the day before the match is played - the hotel bill for players and officials over the months must have been astronomical.

3 more players sign on....

https://www.ruck.co.uk/done-exeter-chiefs-complete-the-signing-of-wasps-trio/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exeter Chiefs   Exeter Chiefs - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Exeter Chiefs
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next