Earwegoagain
shonbo
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
shonbo

shonbo

Support UK Producers - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:00 am

seadog wrote:
Have you tried peppered Mackerel, not strictly local but tasty as fook.

I like all fish, fried or grilled, less is more I think.  

Yep, good shout. I don't eat enough frankly. It doesn't tastse like fish Smile
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:01 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
shonbo wrote:
OK Sole first, then bass!!

Ask the fishmonger for whole fish for one person, take off head and trim frills. Easy to do with scissors but they will happily do it for you, fillets are delicious but I don't think you can beat a fish cooked on the bone.

Cheers Earwig. I'm getting quite excited.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 7:03 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Local catch which is good Hake, Gilt Head Bream (not Greek farmed obvs) Plaice, and Soles including Lemon, Megrim Dovers, pricey but no more than a decent Steak. Gurnard fillets are lovely or you can bake a whole fish in a foil parcel with some wine and herbs.
Turbot is priced like Lonster but is the king of fish IMO and lets not forget the Monkfish used to be used and sold as Scampi in many a British pub.
Another nice recipe and better for people that don't like fishy fish is fried fish with rice and peas take your fish (you could use cheaper fish like Ling or Whiting fillets) rub with curry powder and season, fry until nice and crispy brown then serve with rice and peas in a caribean style, rice spring onions coconut milk chili and ginger with a tin of kidney beans.

Ooh you’re making my mouth water. Very Happy

Bass, hands down for me. Best tasting fish in the sea. I love you

Who doesn't love a Bass? I would say that the Bream is its equal.

Thanks Czarky. I'll have a go
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 1:26 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Bring holidays into this as well,  staycation that what our families are doing

Book early as there are stories that some folk within our region are set to jack the prices of holidays up an eye-watering amount.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 2:52 pm

Hugh Midde wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Bring holidays into this as well,  staycation that what our families are doing

Book early as there are stories that some folk within our region are set to jack the prices of holidays up an eye-watering amount.

Yep and I'm one of them. Although we only run a summer business into Autumn we lost three whole months bookings last year and are looking at losing a month or two this spring the government handout is worked out over twelve months so we only get eighty per cent of the forty percent we have lost. I'm sure anybody will look to regain a little if they can.
The mad booking rush is being hyped up by the tourism bosses we haven't actually taken a booking in weeks although when I look at views on our letting site it has gone up from about ten views a day to over forty two days ago. Customers are checking but the empty calendars are there for all to see so I guess people are thinking there is no panic yet. Normally by now our unit would be booked for about thirty percent of the season by now and we have five days booked.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2021 5:28 pm

Do you have a link?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:01 am

Sorry missed this post but no I keep my online life and real life very separate because of the freaks, it's just not worth it.
Since last week we have taken a few bookings for June half term and August, views are still way up but I think everybody can easily see empty calendars on booking sites so are waiting until last minute, can't say that I blame them.
Last year was the same but as soon as people were confident about booking it was pretty well full all summer.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2021 11:02 am

Back on track we have Ray wings tonight, will probably do the Capers and Brown butter, mash and peas recipe.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 7:32 am

Sounds good
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2021 11:06 am

It was good.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Just had one of the families favourite meals, spatchcocked Partridge with Jerk seasoning and posh baked beans. Cut the backbone out of one Partridge per person and flatten it out (YouTube is yer mhet) coat with oil, garlic and jerk seasoning (you can use any medium curry powder, turmeric, coriander, cumin ect) place skin side down in hot frying pan for five minutes, flip then put in the oven 180c for about 15 minutes take out and rest for five mins then eat with yer fingers.
For the beans take an inch slice of decent chorizo cut in small chunks and fry gently to get all the spice out add onion, garlic and a couple of tins of haricot beans a couple of tomatoes (or half a tin) cover with water season and cook for a good hour or so. You want to reduce the sauce until its just like normal baked beans bit saucy but not runny. Pretty sure the beans was a John Torode recipe called posh baked beans loads of variations online and they are great on their own.
Serve with some nice crusty bread and butter feckin andsome.
I got my Partridge from Maristow (about five food miles Biden you cocksucker) for feck all but Palmers butchers in Tavistock are selling them for £2.50/bird plucked and drawn, if you asked them they would probably spatchcock them for you.
They are also selling oven ready Pheasant for £3.50/bird which will feed three or four people, roast them simply bit of stuffing and all the trimmings like a Chicken roast, really tasty lean meat. They aren't strong because they aren't hung for weeks like they used to be give them a go!
Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 2:27 pm

Probably less local for most of you (although still 'westcountry') but here's a few I've tried.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 05, 2021 3:18 pm

Suspect There seems to a common theme to what you have posted Flatty! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Support UK Producers   Support UK Producers - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Support UK Producers
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2