Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.

Go down 
+4
RegGreen
Greenskin
harvetheslayer
akagreengull
8 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. Empty
PostSubject: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptyFri Mar 19, 2021 8:17 am

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “At 21 as a goalkeeper and playing 50 games, that’s us having belief in Mike.

“We know he’s a good goalkeeper. We knew he would hold his own in this league.

“I’m pleased for him. We are hoping he goes on and makes another 250 appearances for Argyle to be perfectly honest with you.

Yep well done Mike Cooper, it looks like he has a bright future in the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:58 am

.......and expect more mistakes

What is wrong with Lowe. This is pro football FFS.....if Lowe thinks he's that good send him out on loan for a season... In the meantime put Luke in for the remainder of this season and reassess in the summer when we retain L1 status

Lowe is way more stubborn that Derek Adams ever was
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:24 am

akagreengull wrote:
Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: “At 21 as a goalkeeper and playing 50 games, that’s us having belief in Mike.

“We know he’s a good goalkeeper. We knew he would hold his own in this league.

“I’m pleased for him. We are hoping he goes on and makes another 250 appearances for Argyle to be perfectly honest with you.

Yep well done Mike Cooper, it looks like he has a bright future in the game.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

if he doesnt learn how to deal with set pieces, crosses, communication and distribution he wont be. Oh and stop punching the ball everytime when you do come for a cross.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:54 am

Cooper has done ok in a rickety defensive set up and it will be very interesting to see how his career develops from here.Goalkeepers don't necessarily have to come for every cross and many top class ones over the years have preferred to punch-his shot stopping is undoubtedly good and a maybe underrated part of his game is his distribution which always impresses.By no means the finished article [if there is such a thing] and undoubtedly has much to learn and to improve on but grade C+ for me with the expectaion of better to come.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:36 am

Is it that many just seems a lot more must be all the ricks he makes seems just makes it seem longer 😂
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 9:52 am

A very, very good young goalkeeper and Lowe has been absolutely right to play him all season. He will go on to become an even better keeper over the years and when he does leave here for the Premiership, as he certainly will, he will net us a good few million in transfer fees.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved with England in later years.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:39 am

Fook me Plympton your rose tinted specs must be on turbo setting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 10:47 am

Greenskin wrote:
Cooper has done ok in a rickety defensive set up and it will be very interesting to see how his career develops from here.Goalkeepers don't necessarily have to come for every cross and many top class ones over the years have preferred to punch-his shot stopping is undoubtedly good and a maybe underrated part of his game is his distribution which always impresses.By no means the finished article [if there is such a thing] and undoubtedly has much to learn and to improve on but grade C+ for me with the expectaion of better to come.

no they dont have too but when they do they have to make dam sure they get the ball and not change their mind halfway through and mess up which is what he has done one a few occassions this season.

distribution is not impressive at all when he can only kick to the left or it goes out for a throwing. He has potential he will get better over the years but im more concerned with the now and atm his place should be challenged strongly and not just given to him in the hope he becomes good in a few years time probably with another club.

PP ears said it best. He maybe a good keeper with the potential to get better but England nahhhhh he would be lucky to get in the u21 squad which he now has a year to do that.

maybe he could play for one of the other home nations or Ireland if he has links to one of those countries.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 11:05 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Fook me Plympton your rose tinted specs must be on turbo setting.

I agree with P.P
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:06 pm

Future Truro number one, Palmer was miles better.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 1:45 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Future Truro number one, Palmer was miles better.

Funny that everybody could see Palmers quality including teams higher up the league. Its all opinions but I don't think half the fans have this one wrong.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 2:48 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

no they dont have too but when they do they have to make dam sure they get the ball and not change their mind halfway through and mess up which is what he has done one a few occassions this season.

distribution is not impressive at all when he can only kick to the left or it goes out for a throwing.  He has potential he will get better over the years but im more concerned with the now and atm his place should be challenged strongly and not just given to him in the hope he becomes good in a few years time probably with another club.

PP ears said it best. He maybe a good keeper with the potential to get better but England nahhhhh he would be lucky to get in the u21 squad which he now has a year to do that.

maybe he could play for one of the other home nations or Ireland if he has links to one of those countries.

I bow to your superior knowledge,although that may be a rash thing to say bearing in mind that apparently you held Cooper responsible for MK Dons first goal on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

distribution is not impressive at all when he can only kick to the left or it goes out for a throwing.  He has potential he will get better over the years but im more concerned with the now and atm his place should be challenged strongly and not just given to him in the hope he becomes good in a few years time probably with another club.

I bow to your superior knowledge,although that may be a rash thing to say bearing in mind that apparently you held Cooper responsible for MK Dons first goal on Tuesday.

i did and i stand by that even watching the replays jerome struck it well and given copper was flat footed, unaware and left a huge area of his goal unguarded resulting in the goal being easier for jerome to take as copper was so ill prepared for the shot. defence was crap aswell but copper's role in that goal may go under the radar but its there for all to see.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Excellent 50th game performance from Cooper with a clean sheet in the win against Rovers.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:09 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

i did and i stand by that even watching the replays jerome struck it well and given copper was flat footed, unaware and left a huge area of his goal unguarded resulting in the goal being easier for jerome to take as copper was so ill prepared for the shot. defence was crap aswell but copper's role in that goal may go under the radar but its there for all to see.

Jesus wept is all i can say to that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:12 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Its a redundant hill to die on i know especially as its the truth.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 5:15 pm

He's been a liability all season and my lad just sent me a clip of his cock up today where it was I think Edwards that cleared off the line
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:47 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
He's been a liability all season and my lad just sent me a clip of his cock up today where it was I think Edwards that cleared off the line

Did he send you a clip of his world class save from the deflected shot?

Thought not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 6:52 pm

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Thought not.

it wasnt world class lol it was a good reaction shot i wont deny that but world class are you his uncle or something lol

Last edited by Angry on Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:24 pm

Reminds me of a young Peter Shilton.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:28 pm

Spot on. Probably when Shilton was about twelve though.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 7:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Angry wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

Its a redundant hill to die on i know especially as its the truth.

When the cross came over, Cooper was positioned slightly to the right of an imaginary line from the penalty spot to the middle of the goal which is absolutely correct bearing in mind that a cardinal sin of goalkeeping is to concede at the near post.Cross comes in and Cooper moves about three paces back to the centre of the goal which again is correct unless you're saying that the bloke has some kind of ESP to know where Jerome was going to head the ball.There was approximately one third of a second from the time Jerome headed the ball to the time that it hit the back of the net,it was smack in the corner and may even have shaved the post-impossible to stop in other words unless Cooper was exactly in line with it,which would be like someone in tennis receiving serve standing on one side and leaving the other side wide open. More relevant question to ask would be why the centre back,whoever it was, jumped as if he had a ten ton weight attached to his bootlaces.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySat Mar 20, 2021 8:05 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Reminds me of a young Peter Shilton.

hes not posting anti eu and lockdown stuff aswell is he lol
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. EmptySun Mar 21, 2021 9:54 am

Angry wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Thought not.

it wasnt world class lol it was a good reaction shot i wont deny that but world class are you his uncle or something lol

Bit of an exaggeration granted, it was still a good reaction save though. Posted probably as a counter to Harve's unrelenting ignorance and negativity towards a very good young keeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.   Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21. Empty

Back to top Go down

Mike Cooper will play his 50th game on Saturday age 21.
Page 1 of 1