Angry
VillageGreen
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper Empty
PostSubject: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySat May 21, 2022 11:17 am

According to a Football Insider report, Norwich City are keen on Mike Cooper, City view Cooper as a star in the making.

LINK

If he goes there, one would hope that Argyle get a decent fee and add-on clauses in any deal agreed with the Canaries.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySat May 21, 2022 12:05 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
According to a Football Insider report, Norwich City are keen on Mike Cooper, City view Cooper as a star in the making.

LINK

If he goes there, one would hope that Argyle get a decent fee and add-on clauses in any deal agreed with the Canaries.

i hope we get the decent fee upfront and not be reliant on add on clauses that arent a guranteee of future funds unless certain milestones are reached only making up the majority of the transfer fee.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySat May 21, 2022 12:12 pm

At least £60 million.
Back to top Go down
The Cornflake

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySat May 21, 2022 6:43 pm

Cheesy-Chips wrote:
At least £60 million.

Favoured cheese on your chips?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 9:08 am

Would be a great fit for the lad, from jannersville west to yokelsville east, geddon bhey.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:59 am

No surprise he was groomed from day one wrapped in cotton wool
Keep dropping hints on social media how good of a keeper we got
In my opinion I think he’s a average keeper who got plenty of ricks in him ..his a good stop stopper from 15 to 20 yards out but other things like positioning and coming out for corners are very much undesirable….me personally don’t believe all hype but the club have done well to keep the myth going tbh
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 2:00 pm

RegGreen wrote:
In my opinion I think he’s a average keeper who got plenty of ricks in him ..his a good stop stopper  from 15 to 20 yards out but other things like positioning and coming out for corners are very much undesirable….me personally don’t believe all hype but the club have done well to keep the myth going tbh

Spot on Reg.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 2:36 pm

RegGreen wrote:
In my opinion I think he’s a average keeper who got plenty of ricks in him ..his a good stop stopper  from 15 to 20 yards out but other things like positioning and coming out for corners are very much undesirable….me personally don’t believe all hype but the club have done well to keep the myth going tbh

Even more reason for the club not to sell him for a deal thats mainly made up of add ons and clauses and prioritize a the cash up front
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 3:02 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Even more reason for the club not to sell him for a deal thats mainly made up of add ons and clauses and prioritize a the cash up front

Cooper has got wind of this no doubt and he will await for any approach made to Argyle from Norwich for his services. Probably not the only Championship club having a look at him either.

A move to a Championship club would be a great move for him and his progression as a goalkeeper.

He will go elsewhere, that is for certain. It's just a case of when and where and how much for ?

Having said the above, i'd be gobsmacked if he signed an extension to his current contract.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 6:00 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Cooper has got wind of this no doubt and he will await for any approach made to Argyle from Norwich for his services. Probably not the only Championship club having a look at him either.

A move to a Championship club would be a great move for him and his progression as a goalkeeper.

He will go elsewhere, that is for certain. It's just a case of when and where and how much for ?

Having said the above, i'd be gobsmacked if he signed an extension to his current contract.

he wont stay here too much longer agreed even if he does opt to stay for one more season with us and continue his growth as a keeper before testing himself in the higher leagues at a bigger club. Which wouldnt be a bad career move if he choose to do that but im certain he will go.

Last edited by Angry on Sun May 22, 2022 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 6:24 pm

RegGreen wrote:

I’d sooner read what the professionals in the football world say about him, rather than the bollox on social media.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 6:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

Cooper being selected for the PFA league 1 team of the season was no myth and neither was people like Robinson stating that Argyle had the best keeper in the division, which was backed up to a large extent by Cooper keeping more clean sheets than anyone else in the league-true, the defence improved greatly from previous incarnations but there were still many times when it was breached under pressure and the last man proved to be a saviour, sometimes spectacularly so. Cooper improved to an almost unrecognisable degree last season, especially in the second half of it -for sure he has plenty to learn and even more improvement is needed to become a truly top class keeper but there sure is a lot of potential there to build on and if he is to be sold then Argyle would be justified in asking for a hefty fee plus suitable add ons.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 6:56 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

Cooper being selected for the PFA league 1 team of the season was no myth and neither was people like Robinson stating that Argyle had the best keeper in the division, which was backed up to a large extent by Cooper keeping more clean sheets than anyone else in the league-true, the defence improved greatly from previous incarnations but there were still many times when it was breached under pressure and the last man proved to be a saviour, sometimes spectacularly so. Cooper improved to an almost unrecognisable degree last season, especially in the second half of it -for sure he has plenty to learn and even more improvement is needed to become a truly top class keeper but there sure is a lot of potential there to build on and if he is to be sold then Argyle would be justified in asking for a hefty fee plus suitable add ons.

What would be a hefty fee for Cooper, that is the question ?

Certainly not £60 million as previously mentioned, that is well wide of the mark. You will probably be looking at the high hundreds of thousands for the cash payment, then throw in the sell on clauses for a future % cut.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 8:18 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

I am aware of all the plaudits but in my humble pub talk kind of a fan way I don't rate him as much as the pros do, bit like Sawyer and Stevie Adams, all the pros raved about them yet I was meh. I think Cooper is good but I don't think Larryo or Macormick had the mistakes in them that Cooper does, both were better keepers imo. Unlike our midfielders and forwards if we are offered a million for him take it however I'd be amazed if we got anything like that for him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptySun May 22, 2022 10:00 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

I am aware of all the plaudits but in my humble pub talk kind of a fan way I don't rate him as much as the pros do, bit like Sawyer and Stevie Adams, all the pros raved about them yet I was meh. I think Cooper is good but I don't think Larryo or Macormick had the mistakes in them that Cooper does, both were better keepers imo. Unlike our midfielders and forwards if we are offered a million for him take it however I'd be amazed if we got anything like that for him.

Can't remember Sawyer and Adams ever being talked about in the same sphere as Cooper TBH. Can't really remember many mistakes by Cooper last season either-he did have a dodgy spell [at an unfortunate time it must be said, as a couple of them were against Wigan and Wycombe] when maybe he could have been faulted for the opening goals but apart from punching a corner instead of catching it against MKD, for the most part he was pretty immaculate. I rated Larrieu and Luke highly as well but they made their mistakes too and Cooper will go further than either of them imho. Only time will tell though.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 10:34 am

Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

Can't remember Sawyer and Adams ever being talked about in the same sphere as Cooper TBH. Can't really remember many mistakes by Cooper last season either-he did have a dodgy spell [at an unfortunate time it must be said, as a couple of them were against Wigan and Wycombe] when maybe he could have been faulted for the opening goals but apart from punching a corner instead of catching it against MKD, for the most part he was pretty immaculate. I rated Larrieu and Luke highly as well but they made their mistakes too and Cooper will go further than either of them imho. Only time will tell though.

Sawyer and Adams weren't bigged up by the press in the same way I referring to the way that Luggy was always talking up Adams and Sawyer was picked for the team long after he should have been binned imo.Sawyer still gets plaudits from the pros on commentary. Again I must stress I am not football expert just an opiniated fan. Whilst we are on it I wouldn't have had Capaldi in the team either. As for Coopers mistakes literally one of them cost us our playoff place.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 12:50 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

Sawyer and Adams weren't bigged up by the press in the same way I referring to the way that Luggy was always talking up Adams and Sawyer was picked for the team long after he should have been binned imo.Sawyer still gets plaudits from the pros on commentary. Again I must stress I am not football expert just an opiniated fan. Whilst we are on it I wouldn't have had Capaldi in the team either. As for Coopers mistakes literally one of them cost us our playoff place.
indeed it did cost us a place ..it’s younger type fans & fans looking through green tinted glasses lapping him up they rave about the one or two good saves he makes in a a game ..but it’s amazing that they don’t notice the mistakes he makes but that’s alright cos one blinding save as I said I in my opinion his a average keep flog him and get as much as we can for him before suiters suss him out that said hope whatever they get for him goes back into the team budget & not on Hallett vanity project eco posh garden & trees
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 1:00 pm

The figure that's been touted is £7 million plus add ons. I don't know whether that is fact or fiction but Norwich do have a couple of recognised keepers at the club in Angus Gunn and Tim Krul and I think Cooper is better than 2nd or 3rd choice at a championship club.

Over the course of the season his catching and distribution improved immeasurably, I don't reccall very many mistakes but I do recall the saves that kept us in the game at Oxford, an absolute worldie of a double save at Bolton (?) he
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 1:50 pm

Liverpool have just signed Carvalho from Fulham for £5 million + 20% of any future fee. That's for a Portugal Under 20 player with a full Championship season under his belt

I suspect any fee for Cooper will be well under £1 million. For example, Ramsdale was signed by Bournemouth for £800,000

Goalkeepers don't tend to attract big fees until they are a bit older as they tend usually improve until their 30's
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 2:43 pm

Anyone want to see some calamitous defending and keeping only needs to go back to the Wycombe game to see a Scarr and Cooper double act in doing their jobs badly. I think some have short memories.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 3:59 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
RegGreen wrote:

Spot on Reg.

indeed it did cost us a place ..it’s younger type fans & fans looking through green tinted glasses lapping him up they rave about the one or two good saves he makes in a a game ..but it’s amazing that they don’t notice the mistakes he makes but that’s alright cos one blinding save as I said I in my opinion his a average keep flog him and get as much as we can for him before suiters suss him out that said hope whatever they get for him goes back into the team budget & not on Hallett vanity project eco posh garden & trees

I'm not a younger fan and i don't look at t through green tinted glasses either [as i suspect you know Reg] but i would say that it's pushing things way beyond the limit to state that one mistake by Cooper cost Argyle a play off spot. There are literally dozens of other instances throughout the season where errors from outfield players cost Argyle dearly-Jephcotts misses at 0-0 v MKD, Hardie and Mayor missing chance after chance against Wycombe, Agard coming on as sub and giving the ball away against Wigan etc etc. Without exception, in every promotion season that i've witnessed the goalkeepers concerned have made mistakes and no doubt that will be the same in the next one whether it be Cooper or someone else in between the posts. News to me that the professionals who voted Cooper into that select team are in any way green tinted and if there was any specific bigger picture reason why Argyle didn't make it [apart from having the bad luck to accumulate 80 points and still miss out in an exceptional season] then the small squad in comparison to other clubs would be a good place to start.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 5:31 pm

I do think a lot of the good press you hear about Cooper stems from his MOM performance against Liverpool in that cup game. Fair enough he was MOM and played a fantastic game with no mistakes really but then if any pundit has to report on Argyle then they see that game and the plaudits given to MC and then they repeat them. Also I think the team of the season award stems from the clean sheets which is as much the defence as a whole rather than just Coops. We will see but I would snap anyone's hand off for a million but seven mill, don't make me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 7:54 pm

Grovehill wrote:
Liverpool have just signed Carvalho from Fulham for £5 million + 20% of any future fee. That's for a Portugal Under 20 player with a full Championship season under his belt

I suspect any fee for Cooper will be well under £1 million.  For example, Ramsdale was signed by Bournemouth for £800,000

Goalkeepers don't tend to attract big fees until they are a bit older as they tend usually improve until their 30's

very true Grovehill.

£1m isnt out of the question for the club to get for him upfront given how crazy the market can be over the summer especially if there are more clubs bidding for him aswell as Norwich. the add ons need to work in our favour aswell as any sell on clause too if Cooper doesn't already come with that given his age and the fact hes a product of our academy which usual means we would get a percentage for him in anycase.

I hope the club do have a few replacements in mind to go for once Cooper goes. Callum Burton im sure will be looking to take that number 1 spot himself but still a decent replacement is need regardless.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 8:03 pm

I heard Huddersfield were sniffing about as well ..that’s what the club wants is a nice little bidding war between a few championship clubs who have more money than sense ..I’d snap there arm off for a million
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper EmptyMon May 23, 2022 8:38 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I heard Huddersfield were sniffing about as well ..that’s what the club wants is a nice little bidding war between a few championship clubs  who have more money than sense ..I’d snap there arm off for a million

exactly the club might get more that way and who knows we might have enough money to get the luxury tarmc for the eco friendly carpark lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper   Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper Empty

Back to top Go down

Norwich City keen On Mike Cooper
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next