Freathy
mouldyoldgoat
Earwegoagain
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 5:25 pm

4 right backs, an injured central defender and midfielder whos barely played recently due to injury and no depth in the central midfield

welcome to England in a competition time
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 9:14 pm

Trent Alexander Arnold is ruled out of Euro 2020 with a thigh injury he picked up last night against Austria.

Shame for the lad but at the same time while he is a good player i truly believe this is a blessing in disguise for Southgate as its resolved the stupidity of him picking 4 right backs and leaving central midfield and even upfront short on options he can now fix it. So its between Lingard, Ward-Prowse and Watkins who gets the spot.

The replacement pick will be named on Sunday
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 5:55 pm

Anybody else think we are going to struggle? Not very inspiring watching the friendlies.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 6:41 pm

Grealish is a cheating, whinging twat, Mings is shit and as for Henderson!
ITV as usual tell us a bad point about Henderson, one of 7 England players who have got over 50 caps and never scored and he goes to take a penalty. And its saved.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 6:54 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Anybody else think we are going to struggle? Not very inspiring watching the friendlies.

Yes and i hope it will mean the end of Southgate as manager if we do. He is proof that talent and ability matters not in the eyes of the FA just aslong as you swallow and say yes sir every time.

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 10:47 am

Never been less excited about a major tournament involving England. Team is shite. Croatia and Czech Republic will make it to the knock out stages from Group D. Can't stand Southgate.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:46 am

Ben White got the nod to replace Alexander Arnold....

Good player but i personally would have taken Ward Prowse over him but this is Southgate after all he doesnt do logic or sense. Especially when you take into account Henderson hasnt played since February and is not fit.

I'm not expecting to see Grealish play much as Southgate doesnt rate him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 12:43 pm

As long as they continue to take the knee who cares.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 2:34 pm

If we got points for virtue signalling we would win the Euros no problem.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 6:39 pm

Surrender monkeys ! we got it in the bag.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 7:15 pm

What the hell are England doing in a European competition anyway. All you leavers didn't vote for us Englanders to be involved in competitions like this. Taking back control? I think not.

Put your foot down Boris, send those EU teams packing.

Smile
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:16 pm

laugh

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 11:57 pm

Freathy wrote:
If we got points for virtue signalling we would win the Euros no problem.
#
How can Southgate claim its not political when BLM adverts flash up everytime they do it on the tv.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 12:18 am

Because he is a twat and will believe anything.

Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 5:34 am

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Grealish is a cheating, whinging twat, Mings is shit and as for Henderson!
ITV as usual tell us a bad point about Henderson, one of 7 England players who have got over 50 caps and never scored and he goes to take a penalty. And its saved.

Wow we agree on something finally. Funnily enough I said exactly that about Grealish to another board member here when he reacted Beckham style in the friendly last weekend to a tackle

Henderson hopeless and as for Minging further words superfluous. Nonetheless I think he'll go for Grealish in first line up

However the German master race have got their jackboots all over this as winners.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 1:06 pm

France are my faves for this they have a very strong squad.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptyFri Jun 11, 2021 3:39 pm

France do have a strong squad and are obvious favourites however a pundit said that he could see their being many arguments and massive egos rubbing each other the wrong way and that can easily happen. Never write off the Germans, much as I hate them.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 5:58 pm

truly distressing scenes just now with Christian Eriksen collapsing on the pitch and later receiving CPR and defib.. Not looking good at all i hope he pulls through.

game abandon i would think its possible if the worst happens futher games will be postponed.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 6:01 pm

Agreed Angers really quite distressing, his wife was there watching it unfold, not hopeful at all but got everything crossed for him and his family, fuuuuuuuukkkkkkkk.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 6:23 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Agreed Angers really quite distressing, his wife was there watching it unfold, not hopeful at all but got everything crossed for him and his family, fuuuuuuuukkkkkkkk.

I like to think the BBC weren't the ones filming this game and were using a shared stream that most broadcasters use like with formula 1 rather than have the stadium flooded with cameras so in part where only broadcasting what someone else was filming.
If it turns out they were the ones filming Christian receiving CPR and being shocked live on the pitch and zoomed in on Schmeichel consoling his distressed wife then all those organizations the BBC answers too need to absolutely hammer them for this as its not acceptable and certainly not within the realms of broadcasting a sporting event.

They should have cut their feed off the moment it was looking like this was more serious than previously thought as the time went on and the danish players where forming a shield around Christian.

He has been revived thankfully and is in hospital as we speak.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 6:38 pm

Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

I like to think the BBC weren't the ones filming this game and were using a shared stream that most broadcasters use like with formula 1 rather than have the stadium flooded with cameras so in part where only broadcasting what someone else was filming.
If it turns out they were the ones filming Christian receiving CPR and being shocked live on the pitch and zoomed in on Schmeichel consoling his distressed wife then all those organizations the BBC answers too need to absolutely hammer them for this as its not acceptable and certainly not within the realms of broadcasting a sporting event.

They should have cut their feed off the moment it was looking like this was more serious than previously thought as the time went on and the danish players where forming a shield around Christian.

Let's hope that's the case I thought he was a goner for sure, agreed about the coverage it should have been cut after about thirty seconds when the CPR started. Luckily he was in about the best place that sort of thing can happen bar an actual hospital.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 6:46 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Angry wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:

Let's hope that's the case I thought he was a goner for sure, agreed about the coverage it should have been cut after about thirty seconds when the CPR started. Luckily he was in about the best place that sort of thing can happen bar an actual hospital.

Agreed im sure an investigation into what control the bbc had or didnt with the what was being filmed will be made very very soon. Whatever the case they really should have cut to gary and the studio for 5 minutes and ended the broadcast.

certainly not out of the woods but he is in good hands..
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySat Jun 12, 2021 7:09 pm

Denmark game will resume at 1930.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 8:50 am

I do think they dropped a bollock by shielding Errikson sat up on the stretcher whilst he was carried off the field, the screen made me instantly think that he'd died. Didn't agree at all with pundits regarding Denmark being affected so badly by the incident they played exactly the same before the incident happened.
Lukaka is still a force, a player like that will win competitions for you.
Back to top Go down

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 9:23 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
I do think they dropped a bollock by shielding Errikson sat up on the stretcher whilst he was carried off the field, the screen made me instantly think that he'd died. Didn't agree at all with pundits regarding Denmark being affected so badly by the incident they played exactly the same before the incident happened.
Lukaka is still a force, a player like that will win competitions for you.

they should have put those screens up when it became clear CPR was needed as you cant trust anyone these days not to film it and not just here i recall seeing a guy having it down in the city centre and there were kids filming it on their phones.

The danish players wanted to play and Christian gave them his blessing and i agree it is what it is result and playing wise for them even before the incident occurred.

I'm seeing the usual suspects crying over some stating christian is unlikely to play again if he is found to have a heart problem which is true he is a very lucky guy to be alive as if he had that attack out walking the dog or at home he would be dead now his career is secondary to his life.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

EURO 2020  Empty
PostSubject: Re: EURO 2020    EURO 2020  Empty

Back to top Go down

EURO 2020
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next