Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Come on in...................... we don't bite !

Go down 
+5
pepsipete
Freathy
seadog
Mock Cuncher
Tringreen
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage

Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:02 pm

I must go and tell Marjorie... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:05 pm

Really ? Animal Farm, funny but not correct ?............hmmmmmm................... Anyway...................

Sorry about the clown thing............ attention seeking I know. It worked though !

I don't think we'll agree on much with regard Argyle but it's good to talk. We all want the best for the club. Did you know that the farm banned me for correctly predicting a lot of what has happened. I admit I did go on a bit but they wouldn't listen ! lol ! Enjoy the ride ! Trust in Stapes ! they cried.

I'm a bad person because I couldn't face going to matches much to witness my predictions being realised. Sad really. Mind you, I've rather fallen out of love with football ingeneral.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 12:35 pm

You want on a bit? Understatement of the year tring. I don't mind debate ad a bit of banter but downright nastiness ain't my cup of tea. You seem to be the least offensive of all of them tbh, a fact which is noteworthy if somewhat cringworthy. I have no desire to bitch and argue with anyone. Life is too short and more important things concern me.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:03 pm

master.bater wrote:
You want on a bit? Understatement of the year tring. I don't mind debate ad a bit of banter but downright nastiness ain't my cup of tea. You seem to be the least offensive of all of them tbh, a fact which is noteworthy if somewhat cringworthy. I have no desire to bitch and argue with anyone. Life is too short and more important things concern me.

Ha ha ! Never been accused of being cringeworthy before and I do go on a bit but I felt it was so important Rolling Eyes

What gets me about the people in your camp at this next pivotal moment for the club, is how I have read some saying that they will travel for League 2 football, irrespective of who owns the club and what their true intentions are but they wouldn't travel to watch a community, trust owned club in the Ryman or wherever.
The standard of football won't be a lot different and I would get a real buzz about being involved with something I feel truly part of.
Most long standing Argyle fans know that there is a big following waiting for Argyle if the mood and feel is right. Too many missed opportunities, Too many generations saying 'same old Argyle'.
I'd guess that a newly formed and truly democratic peoples' club would grow into something with real purpose and strength. The activities of groups like the GT's would be invaluable and we'd be far better placed than others to kick onwards and upwards. Can you not imagine the tidal wave of support that would develop ?

Ultimately, when the club has returned to the middle/ upper reaches of the football league, it might be necessary to seek out someone with enough money and interest in football to try to complete the job................ but the people must hold on to some control.
This mess we're in now has to end and it should never be allowed to happen again.

It's good to talk. When you shut people out the sniping begins. Quite natural really don't you think ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:19 pm

Im all for a trust owned club. Not as a Phoenix club though. In the form it is in now. Argyle is about the badge, the history and my childhood not about Plymouth having a football club.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 1:33 pm

OK but I don't really see the difference. I was on the terraces as a regular for years as a kid and a young man, went everywhere. Still followed whenever I could when I moved away. It's only these last few years when I have virtually switched off attending through sheer frustration of seeing what was coming next, though even I didn't think it would be this bad. It has also got something to do with the way the game has been going. No loyalty from players/managers, contracts not worth the paper they're written on and money being king. We were always going to get picked off unless we found serious investment but that would have meant Stapes and co losing their pot of gold at the end of the rainbow so they clung on then partly sold out to the wrong people.
A newly formed club would still be Argyle to me if not to you.
I just think that this whole situation is a nasty carve up and I want nothing to do with it.
The hardcore support like yourself could force Riddler's hand by refusing to financially support the club unless it was Trust owned. Suppose he could have a job reluctantly as part of the deal but that won't happen.
It's either him and the shady property developers or a fresh start.

We think differently but we have the same love for Argyle. We show it in different ways that's all.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 2:56 pm

master.bater wrote:
Out of interest, why the farm?

I support the club mate, not the people in charge. I just want to watch argyle play football. Not a Phoenix club, no afc for me.

That's it, I have strong opinions, I get given info that isn't always right. Even Postey falls in to that trap occassionaly, isn't that right Ian? Got lots of mouth on here but won't attack me on the "farm".

Probably because you lot would ban him . Obvious really.

While I'm at it, how can you divorce the club from the owners and offer your unwavering support to a bunch of scumbag developers ?
They are the club.like it or not. They make all the decisions and they can close it down at will.

FFS ! TRY TO SEE THE BIGGER PICTURE !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:37 pm

Trin - I hate the club being split, it will end in tears worse than we have now. However, I am trying to see the bigger picture but to me at this present time, the bigger picture is suck it and see. This is going to happen whether or not we want it to. If there was another way I would go for it.

As for ian, they wouldn't ban him, he is far to respected, they may tell him off but that would be it. Probably a good idea for you to close down his second account on here though, not exactly in the spirit of things is it??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:04 pm

master.bater wrote:
Im all for a trust owned club. Not as a Phoenix club though. In the form it is in now. Argyle is about the badge, the history and my childhood not about Plymouth having a football club.

That's just your opinion. It's also about my years supporting the club, my family, my community, and many other people's memories and affiliations. It's certainly not the 'badge' to me, that changes every 5 seconds, and nor is it to others I know, nor is it the company registered in some dingy London ghetto, it's all of OUR memories, it's OUR community, it's the players who have represented OUR city, it's something WE should be able to feel proud of.

So, what about who owns this continuing PAFC ?, You have said that matters to you. Well, I would suggest it now seems like the bidders are not the only ones glad for the old directors' involvment to be hidden from view. How some fans can turn a blind eye to what is so obviously going on is quite beyond me. There's been lots of calculated "M7" populist rhetoric .... but now it's "all I wanted was an apology" ... how convenient is that and how much wind to no great effect.
How does the Farm language go ? .... radiators and drains ? Can't they keep such nonsense to their 9 to 5 lives ? .....kind of apt for fans to be using such disrespectful crass corporate bollocks talk.... it is after all the culture of the present day PAFC and Ridsdale is about to take it to a whole new level.
More of the same will see more of the same.
Frank has it spot on ... many fans are just happy that a perceived 'big hitter' like Ridsdale is involved with little Plymouth, regardless ofwhat he is actually doing. . How sad is that ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:18 pm

"This will be your last drink - afterwards it's over, you will sleep two to five minutes and afterwards you will die"

Dignitas
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:46 pm

Hello MrR nice to see you over here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:37 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Hello MrR nice to see you over here.

Yeah, bet you're about as pleased to see me as you would be to see Paul Stapleton eating out your mum.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Actually that was meant as a genuine welcome. I don't agree with most of what you say or indeed the way you say it. The above post just demonstrates that you sometimes type without engaging your brain. But forums like this thrive on different views and besides at least it seems like you are passionate about Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:08 pm

Pete1886 wrote:
Actually that was meant as a genuine welcome. I don't agree with most of what you say or indeed the way you say it. The above post just demonstrates that you sometimes type without engaging your brain. But forums like this thrive on different views and besides at least it seems like you are passionate about Argyle.

Mate with some of the things you've typed about me it is hard to put me down for my reply. I have read this forum an have seen the comments made. I'm am aware that I'm am a but on the arrogant side but yes, I do care about argyle but I'd like to think this was the case with all of us.
Back to top Go down
Pete1886

Pete1886

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:22 pm

Well good on you for having the balls to come on here.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Welcome Mr R,indeed we do care about Argyle.In fact,there is a case for arguing that most of us on this site are more positive about the club than many fans in that we believe in what it could be,rather than the rather meek acceptance of the "lil ol'Argyle,know our place in the pecking order" mentality prevalent among some.Anyway,moving on from that,what would your assessment of the eventual end game at Argyle be? I've always believed that Brent would eventually be involved somewhere along the line and i'm increasingly worried about the prospect of Stapes and maybe another ex director or two being nvolved in any new set up.What's your take on it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 9:47 pm

GS- thanks.

I am genuinely confident that none of the old board will be on Ridsdales. That's aid I'm not so comfortable that they aren't involved in the property deal.

I said on pasoti that I reckon heaney is doing a deal with Stapes to buy truro and still stand by that. It works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:05 pm

Why on earth would Stapes want Truro?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:09 pm

Rickler wrote:
Why on earth would Stapes want Truro?

Because stapes is a prestige whore. It's not about the club he runs it's about running a club. I know it's not that plausible but it has potential.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 11:36 pm

So that's your reasoning?

You dreamed it up, and because it fits with your idea of who Stapes is, it suddenly becomes plausible? Well.. not really that plausible you now admit - as you seem to have done a u-turn already - but you're going to stick with the idea anyway because it has "potential"?

You gotta be kidding me.

Is this how you arrive at most of your 'facts'?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:03 am

master.bater wrote:
Trin - I hate the club being split, it will end in tears worse than we have now. However, I am trying to see the bigger picture but to me at this present time, the bigger picture is suck it and see. This is going to happen whether or not we want it to. If there was another way I would go for it.

As for ian, they wouldn't ban him, he is far to respected, they may tell him off but that would be it. Probably a good idea for you to close down his second account on here though, not exactly in the spirit of things is it??

I have no second account. I don't want to get into a another spat with you, I think you're a cock and you think I'm a cock so let's leave it there.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 12:40 am

master.bater wrote:
I know it's not that plausible but it has potential.

master.bater wrote:
I don't look for conspiracies when there are none pp.

No... Of course you don't.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 5:59 am

Nice to see so many PASOTI moderators using the forum lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:09 am

PL2 3DQ wrote:
master.bater wrote:

I have no second account. I don't want to get into a another spat with you, I think you're a cock and you think I'm a cock so let's leave it there.

Happy with that Ian. The world would be a boring place if we were all the same wouldn't it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 6:10 am

GOB wrote:
Nice to see so many PASOTI moderators using the forum lol!

GOB - I get enough abuse alreay without being a mod. Never have been and never will be a mod.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Come on in...................... we don't bite !   Come on in...................... we don't bite ! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Come on in...................... we don't bite !
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next