Freathy
Earwegoagain
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Truss and the economy. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 8:26 am

I see Michael Gove is back within the inner circle after being reappointed as Secretary of State for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 9:24 am

seadog wrote:
Death to Cornish Monkees, yes that was on the side of the bus.

Fantastic riposte. No wonder your lot lost.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 9:28 am

Savageandstrand wrote:
Braverman's a spoilt, entitled lit trail of dynamite that's going to blow because she insists on doing whatever she likes. She's allergic to rules and propriety. I reckon she'll bring Sunak down: either by gross misconduct in office, or in revenge, if he sacks her.
James Cleverly speaking on Sky news claiming that Sunak is an “incredibly clever politician”. The evidence of the ministerial appointments, especially Braverman, rather disproves that.

Braverman is the new Boris in the eyes of the shouty FB crew. This is how politics works sonny, I have tried to explain it before, this was an appointment aimed at uniting the factions, he had no choice. I know it's annoyed you lot but considering you only operate in your own echo chambers and have no political clout then it's a no brainer for Rishi. Maybe if you all got out more you may get listened to, but I doubt it.
Also I did wonder whether her "mistake" with the email wasn't a mistake at all just a mechanism to get rid of Truss which happened shortly after Bravermans resignation, no doubt plotted by Sunak and now she has her reward?

Last edited by Earwegoagain on Thu Oct 27, 2022 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 10:45 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

We all lost, we are all still losing, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Oct 27, 2022 11:02 am

seadog wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
seadog wrote:

We all lost, we are all still losing, enjoy.

So how did you lose exactly?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:26 am

I was right about this as well, you lot should listen to me more than your FB stories,

Boris Johnson had signed up enough MPs to mount a challenge to Rishi Sunak for the Conservative leadership, senior Tory Sir Graham Brady has confirmed.

Mr Johnson dramatically pulled out of the race amid speculation he did not have the 100 nominations needed.

But Sir Graham, who runs Tory leadership contests, said Mr Johnson had just decided not to stand.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 04, 2022 7:58 pm

He is a traitor, now a coward too, lol.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 10:53 am

No he is a deal maker as I said before, yet again I was right Clodagh was wrong. Not that he will admit it. Like shooting fish in a barrel.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 12:23 pm

I would say Boris realised that if he stood and won, it would have split the party and the country.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 05, 2022 12:25 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I would say Boris realised that if he stood and won, it would have split the party and the country.

I think he knew it was a poisoned chalice he would have extracted a promise that he will have another crack when Rishi gets binned.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 6:18 pm

Have any if you received the first of the fuel payments yet. I am still waiting for the first one from British Gas, a month late already. Apparently, many who are with British Gas are also awaiting a first payment. A good number have contacted the company only to be fobbed off by customer services.

Two classic customer service fobbings have been it's up to the government to pay, it might be lost in the post- for the vouchers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyTue Nov 08, 2022 6:55 pm

We don't have mains gas so we won't get it anyway. Appazza there is a £100 rebate which you get on propane but I haven't looked into it yet. We mainly use firewood for heating, our gas is about £300/pa which isnt too bad, leccy is the big one for us and I should just get the rebate off bills, haven't noticed it yet.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 10, 2022 11:20 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
No he is a deal maker as I said before, yet again I was right Clodagh was wrong. Not that he will admit it. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Amazed Clodagh hasn't appeared to "sit me down" again or was it because yet again he was wrong?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyThu Nov 17, 2022 9:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:59 am

Amusing watching sunak congratulating hunt after he delivered the tories suicide note yesterday.  Labour will need a proper opposition party in two years (or maybe less) to keep them in check but who will that be?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 9:02 am

BLUEKIP
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 9:33 am

Freathy wrote:
Amusing watching sunak congratulating hunt after he delivered the tories suicide note yesterday.  Labour will need a proper opposition party in two years (or maybe less) to keep them in check but who will that be?

Labour need to pull the trigger on Starmer and fast, I would say more of my mates are left leaning than right leaning but I still don't know anyone who likes Starmer, he could still not get in even if there was an election called now.
Sunak is walking around grinning almost as much as that smirking twerp Hunt is now. Truss and Kwarteng got most of the blame for this mess but lets not forget it was Sunak and his Covid giveaway that put us here in the first place. There will be many, many businesses and S/E people who made so much money in lockdown they will be cushioned for years by any of this recession. Lets not forget about £4bn in loans given to criminal who have disappeared with the cash as well. In the meantime expect all the blame to be shifted onto benefit claimants that commit fraud to feed their kids whilst great swathes of the population blame Farage because a vote didn't go their way six years ago.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptyFri Nov 18, 2022 7:05 pm

I think the tories have realised that all they have to do is lie and they will win the next election anyway.
Back to top Go down
Dog Bone Malone

Dog Bone Malone

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:27 pm

The Tories want out, and fast. They know they're fecked in the next GE. So this catastrophic autumn budget by Hunt the cnut is a way/plan of guaranteeing a Liebour victory in the next GE. So then , the Tories can leave Liebour to pick up their mess, make a complete hash of it, and regain dumbs-as voters votes in the GE after that and garner the adulation when they get voted back in to pick up Liebours mess. It's all a ruse.

Anyone else seeing this?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 5:50 pm

Cheesy-Chips wrote:
The Tories want out, and fast. They know they're fecked in the next GE. So this catastrophic autumn budget by Hunt the cnut is a way/plan of guaranteeing a Liebour victory in the next GE. So then , the Tories can leave Liebour to pick up their mess, make a complete hash of it, and regain dumbs-as voters votes in the GE after that and garner the adulation when they get voted back in to pick up Liebours mess. It's all a ruse.

Anyone else seeing this?

The way that Truss and Kwarteng were grinning and smirking spoke volumes and Sunak and Hunt are even worse. I'm not sure they even fecking care. Look at hunt who has to find fifty bills to balance the books, he has the energy companies, the oil companies, google and Amazon which he could milk like us for a couple of years not to mention the non doms and he could raise corporation tax but no its all going to be us and cutting services. What services can he even cut? My old man is in hospital again, every department short staffed, no physios, no ot's its a fooking joke.
And we have the clueless cnut Starmer as the opposition thats why they are all grinning like cheshire cats.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySat Nov 19, 2022 9:11 pm

Good old Boris will make a comeback, he has the numbers.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 7:58 am

Q, Why did America get Trump? A, Hilary Clinton.
Q, Why will we get Boris back? A, Kier Starmer.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 9:19 am

Exactly.

The tories have made such a fabulous job of isolating ourselves from world trade they deserve another 12 years of theft, engish voters will see to it.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 9:21 am

Lies always win.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 EmptySun Nov 20, 2022 12:33 pm

Not what I said at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truss and the economy.   Truss and the economy. - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Truss and the economy.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next