Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.

Go down 
+5
Clodagh Rubbish
Angry
VillageGreen
Earwegoagain
akagreengull
9 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. Empty
PostSubject: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:35 am

Hopefully not a curse, well done to both of them and PAFC.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:53 am

SSSShhhhhh.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 10:17 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
SSSShhhhhh.

I know.
I did think twice about posting the story for fear of .............
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:10 pm

Well done Shuey and Whittaker, just goes to show what a good job the pair of them - and the entire coaching staff and first team - are doing here.

Was saying to friends on Tuesday that Shuey would be mad to leave for another club, he knows he is on to a good crack here, he has the full backing of the board and is learning his trade nicely.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:38 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Well done Shuey and Whittaker, just goes to show what a good job the pair of them - and the entire coaching staff and first team - are doing here.

Was saying to friends on Tuesday that Shuey would be mad to leave for another club, he knows he is on to a good crack here, he has the full backing of the board and is learning his trade nicely.

Schuey will go because his wages will be quadrupled and the board did sell his most highly rated player (rated by our fans and by his peers) so not sure how much that is being backed? I just hope to hell we can hang on to him until at least the end of this season and he takes us up. As for Whitiiker I don't think our fans rate him as highly as most opposition fans do, read their forums and they always pick him out for praise, I think he is a real gem and will get better and better.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:42 pm

Richly deserved for them both well done schuey and Morgan.
Back to top Go down
Clodagh Rubbish

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 2:44 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Schuey will go because his wages will be quadrupled and the board did sell his most highly rated player (rated by our fans and by his peers) so not sure how much that is being backed? I just hope to hell we can hang on to him until at least the end of this season and he takes us up. As for Whitiiker I don't think our fans rate him as highly as most opposition fans do, read their forums and they always pick him out for praise, I think he is a real gem and will get better and better.

2021/22 Supporters’ Player of the Season results

1. Cooper
2. Edwards
3. Houghton

All 3 are still at the club Ears. 

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 6:02 pm

Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

1. Cooper
2. Edwards
3. Houghton

Yep Pan was shite, didn't want to be here, lucky to get anything for him.... Take a day off ffs. how many times did he make the lge 1 team of the week or month?  If you do not recognize talent when you see it you shouldn't even be contributing to this thread.
I would piss myself if Pan knocks us out of the Autos later in the season it would shut you twats right up.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 6:09 pm

Here what Schuey said about Pan in February,
schumacher wrote:
"We want him to stay because he's one of our main players but there is no major rush on it because he will be here next year anyway unless someone comes and gives us £27 million!"

cheers cheers cheers Backed the manager lol.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:03 pm

Unless Shuey got to the likes of Man City or Liverpool he will still have players sold from under him when the Club receives a good enough offer.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Oct 07, 2022 8:25 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

1. Cooper
2. Edwards
3. Houghton

Yep Pan was shite, didn't want to be here, lucky to get anything for him.... Take a day off ffs. how many times did he make the lge 1 team of the week or month?  If you do not recognize talent when you see it you shouldn't even be contributing to this thread.
I would piss myself if Pan knocks us out of the Autos later in the season it would shut you twats right up.

Serious question……Do you not realise how much of a twat it makes you look, when you constantly whine about Camara, while Argyle are top of the league?  

I don’t think you actually do, do you?

It’s quite bizarre.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:22 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
Clodagh Rubbish wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

1. Cooper
2. Edwards
3. Houghton

Serious question……Do you not realise how much of a twat it makes you look, when you constantly whine about Camara, while Argyle are top of the league?  

I don’t think you actually do, do you?

It’s quite bizarre.

I don't care what people think of me it what makes me special. sunny You can all feck off if you think I will ever let it lie after all the abuse and goal post moving you and others have done over my comments about selling Pan and what's more there plenty more of that to come because I just know that Hallett will give me the ammunition. We are the top of the league DESPITE selling Pan not because of it, I mean where did the money go FFS?
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptySat Oct 08, 2022 8:24 am

Earwegoagain wrote:
Here what Schuey said about Pan in February,
schumacher wrote:
"We want him to stay because he's one of our main players but there is no major rush on it because he will be here next year anyway unless someone comes and gives us £27 million!"

cheers cheers cheers Backed the manager lol.

The Hallett bum lickers are choosing to ignore this little snippet I see.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 8:49 am

Schuey wins again.

Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 8:57 am

Beat me to it,
Plymouth Argyle manager Steven Schumacher has become the first man to win back-to-back League One manager of the month awards since 2018.

The 40-year-old guided his side to six wins and a draw from their seven league games in October as Argyle opened up a four-point gap at the top of the table.

It followed three wins and a draw in September, with the Pilgrims last losing a league game in August.

Paul Cook last won back-to-back awards with Wigan in March and April 2018.

Argyle win clean sweep of League One awards
Mumba named EFL Young Player of the Month
Schumacher is just the 10th manager to win back-to-back awards since the start of the 2004-05 season, when the old Second Division was renamed League One - Dennis Wise being the first when he was Leeds United boss in August and September 2007.

Charlton Athletic manager Chris Powell won the award three times in four months between November 2011 and February 2012.

"It's been another good month, in October we picked up some real good wins, had to fight really hard to get a point at Bristol Rovers and it was a real pleasing month," Schumacher told BBC Radio Devon.

"To go through it without getting beaten in the league is fantastic and we're delighted that we're sitting where we are at the top of division, and I'm made up to get the accolade."

It is the third time he has won the award since April last year, with the club also picking up the League One player of the month award last month thanks to Morgan Whittaker, as well as seeing Bali Mumba named the EFL's young player of the month in September.

"People who are getting these awards, be they the players or the manager of the month, you're getting recognised for good work that you do," Schumacher added.

"You don't get nominated if you're in a poor run of form, so it's a good habit to have and helpfully I can get a few more for the window ledge."
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 9:06 am

It's a good achievement and will look good on his CV.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 9:15 am

Big test coming up if Schuey is to get the hat trick but well done to him and everyone involved so far.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 6:48 pm

Well done Shuey for another award, good on ya !!.

Hope Lootown don't come a sniffing for Shuey. It has been reported that the cesspit of a club will be very happy to pay compensation for a new manager from another club, especially after getting £4 million from Saints for Jones.

Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 8:13 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

Hope Lootown don't come a sniffing for Shuey. It has been reported that the cesspit of a club will be very happy to pay compensation for a new manager from another club, especially after getting £4 million from Saints for Jones.

I like to think schuey has more ambitions than to go live let alone manage a shithole like Luton...

i'll give them credit though they robbed southampton of money for jones when the guy failed at stoke and likely to fail at southampton
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 8:43 pm

VillageGreen wrote:

I heard it was £2.5 million they got but hay O im just glad that jones ain’t here as some of our younger fans wanted at the time another one that can’t seem to do it at bigger clubs just ask stoke fans would surprise me the saints wind up sacking him ..and he crawls back to Luton for a 3rd time
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 8:53 pm

RegGreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

I heard it was £2.5 million they got but hay O im just glad that jones ain’t here as some of our younger fans wanted at the time another one that can’t seem to do it at bigger clubs just ask stoke fans would surprise me the saints wind up sacking him ..and he crawls back to Luton for a 3rd time

im supprised they went for him when sean dyche is free who would have been perfect for southampton imo.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 9:00 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

im supprised they went for him when sean dyche is free who would have been perfect for southampton imo.
I know it’s mentel Sean Dyche would have been the no brainier
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 9:02 pm

Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Depends what they want from a manager. Dyche did superbly well to keep Burnley in the Prem. But his style of footballing approach is not dissimilar to Ainsworth - and that’s the reason nobody has tried to poach the Wycombe boss.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. EmptyFri Nov 11, 2022 10:20 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Angry wrote:
RegGreen wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Depends what they want from a manager. Dyche did superbly well to keep Burnley in the Prem. But his style of footballing approach is not dissimilar to Ainsworth - and that’s the reason nobody has tried to poach the Wycombe boss.

well given his track record including taking Burnley into Europe on shoestring budgets and keeping them up i would have thought a club like southampton would have wanted that at the moment plus they have more money to offer a manager so i dont thing Dyche would have had to set them up to be Pulis esq to grind out wins and draws.

oh well i dont see Jones doing that imo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.   Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards. Empty

Back to top Go down

Schuey and Whittaker win monthly L1 awards.
Page 1 of 1