+3
Czarcasm
Les Miserable
Tgwu
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 9:20 am

Exeter City Women swoop to sign Plymouth Argyle's captain

Plymouth To Exeter Moll11
Zoe Cunningham  battles for the ball with Mollie Taylor (both ex Argyle players)

Zoe Cunningham has made the move up the A38 to join the Grecians

Exeter City Women have completed the signing of talented midfielder Zoe Cunningham. The Plymouth Argyle captain becomes the first addition to the Grecians squad this summer.

Cunningham began her career at the Arsenal Ladies Centre of Excellence before joining Reading Women. She relocated to Devon in 2016 and signed for Plymouth Argyle. A brief spell at Buckland Athletic, where Cunningham played six times, was interrupted by COVID suspensions and she re-signed for Plymouth in 2021.

Since her return, Cunningham has further enhanced her reputation as one of Tier Three’s most complete midfield talents, scoring twenty times in fifty-three appearances. Cunningham was voted the Southern Premier Player of the Season in 2021/22 and was voted the Greens' Player of the Season in 2022/23 following another series of important performances and vital goals.

Cunningham is no stranger to City fans; she scored a fantastic free kick when the two sides met in 2021 at St James Park and captained the Pilgrims against the Grecians at the recent Devon County Cup Final.

Joint City Manager Abbie Britton is delighted to have added more quality to the team: “It says everything about what we are building here that a player of Zoe’s ability wants to be a part of it. We had targets in mind for the summer and she was high on that list.

It is great to have her with us and our midfield options are, in my opinion, on a par with any team in the division above. We are really looking forward to working alongside Zoe and helping her maximise her undoubted talent.

Upon her departure, Cunningham told Argyle’s website: “It’s been a privilege to Captain the team over two seasons and I would like to thank all the staff and the players for supporting me through the most difficult season both on and off the pitch. I wish everyone at Argyle all the best and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to play at the club for so many years.”

Argyle Women Manager Ryan Perks added: “It has been an incredibly difficult season for Zoe off the pitch but that did not at any point impact her professionalism or performances on it. She has made amazing contributions to Argyle over the years, and I would like to wish her all the best for the future.”

Hallet should look into why Argyle players are moveing down a league and to Exeter, must be something wrong at the club.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 10:12 am

Tgwu wrote:

Hallet should look into why Argyle players are moveing down a league and to Exeter, must be something wrong at the club.

It shouldn't be of any concern to him whatsoever, as is isn't to the vast majority of Argyle fans I'd imagine.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 10:30 am

On a similar nonsense theme, I see that self publicist extraordinaire Dale Vince has put some bird in charge of Forest Green after binning off the disaster that was Big Dunc.

Comedy Gold.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 10:49 am

Czarcasm wrote:
On a similar nonsense theme, I see that self publicist extraordinaire Dale Vince has put some bird in charge of Forest Green after binning off the disaster that was Big Dunc.

Comedy Gold.

i dont know anything about the forest green caretaker manager in fact never heard of her but to me this appointment even if its temp stinks of another pr stunt by the owner than it is whether she is good enough to be managing a mens team. I dint see the appointment being perm regardless but talksport's pundits need to chill and not think its sexist to call out the owners bullshit over this appointment when its clear to see. good luck to her though.

as for zoe going to the greeks, tgwu is right it should be a worry to the hallets which given they have been championing the growth of that side since taking over to which they have made more professional and not so much sunday league of the field not so much on it, if their star player has opted to go down the leagues to their biggest rivals over staying there then something isn't working in that setup and whoever runs that club needs to find out why.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 1:36 pm

Next one out,

Beth Ireland will also depart the club to pursue new opportunities.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 2:02 pm

At this rate we'll be able to focus all of our resources on the first team and academy ... nice
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 5:41 pm

i see another one has signed for city today some lass named amber pollock. no idea if she is any good but still 2 leaving here to go there is not a good look.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyWed Jul 05, 2023 5:45 pm

Angry wrote:
i see another one has signed for city today some lass named amber pollock. no idea if she is any good but still 2 leaving here to go there is not a good look.

A real catch for city 'ladies'
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyThu Jul 06, 2023 4:13 pm

Angry wrote:

Exeter City Women have completed a third summer signing with the arrival of Amber Pollock.

The pacy forward made her debut for Plymouth Argyle at the age of sixteen, impressing with her direct running ability and eye for goal. Injury would lead to a lengthy recovery, taking Pollock out of action for two years, but her comeback has been impressive, scoring important goals to maintain the Pilgrims' Southern Premier status in 2022/23.

Two more to go
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 4:15 pm

Who driving the ladies out of Argyle?

Here the next one

Exeter City Women have completed their fourth signing of the summer with experienced forward Natasha Knapman returning after a seven-year absence.

Knapman was part of the successful City era of the mid 2010s, scoring sixty-three times in her fifty-three appearances and twice netting in successful County Cup Final wins for the Grecians. Knapman headed to the Women’s Super League with Yeovil Town Women in 2015 where she scored six times for the Glovers.

After leaving the Somerset side, Knapman signed for Plymouth Argyle in 2016 and, with a brief spell at Buckland Athletic in between, has been a mainstay in Green for the past five years. The Torquay based forward is a double golden boot winner, scoring over two hundred times for Argyle and hitting a staggering sixty-three goals in twenty-seven appearances when last playing in Tier Four in 2018.

Knapman was Plymouth’s top scorer in 2021/22 with fifteen goals but took a year away from the game last season, completing the London Marathon in support of the Blue Cross in April.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 4:37 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Who driving the ladies out of Argyle?

Here the next one

Exeter City Women have completed their fourth signing of the summer with experienced forward Natasha Knapman returning after a seven-year absence.

Knapman was part of the successful City era of the mid 2010s, scoring sixty-three times in her fifty-three appearances and twice netting in successful County Cup Final wins for the Grecians. Knapman headed to the Women’s Super League with Yeovil Town Women in 2015 where she scored six times for the Glovers.

After leaving the Somerset side, Knapman signed for Plymouth Argyle in 2016 and, with a brief spell at Buckland Athletic in between, has been a mainstay in Green for the past five years. The Torquay based forward is a double golden boot winner, scoring over two hundred times for Argyle and hitting a staggering sixty-three goals in twenty-seven appearances when last playing in Tier Four in 2018.

Knapman was Plymouth’s top scorer in 2021/22 with fifteen goals but took a year away from the game last season, completing the London Marathon in support of the Blue Cross in April.

Maybe Newell could investigate? After all, he was all over the Argyle Ladies when he thought it might gain him kudos with the Halletts??
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyFri Jul 07, 2023 5:28 pm

Maybe nipples nools pasoticam in the showers has been rumbled.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptySun Jul 09, 2023 10:45 am

Les Miserable wrote:
cheers cheers cheers cheers pig
Back to top Go down
Hugh Midde

Hugh Midde

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 11:08 am

Les Miserable wrote:

Steady as you go, Les. From my days on Exeweb I seem to recall Ian Newell would contact the "mods" with threats of legal action if he considered remarks were too close to the bone.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter EmptyMon Jul 10, 2023 2:42 pm

We have had those once or twice over the years Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Plymouth To Exeter Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth To Exeter   Plymouth To Exeter Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth To Exeter
Page 1 of 1