HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up Empty
PostSubject: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptyFri Feb 09, 2024 11:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

Long time no chat.

Erin Black and Charlie Rose came to visit us Argyle fans on this side of the pond.

Just to say... It was a fantastic week-end and Charle and Erin were great. Lot's of fun and totally professional at the same time.

https://www.pafc.co.uk/video/player/0_ug1e1wpi?feed=409e41a8-4367-4bbe-ab5c-44ddd2387e59&section=9301931e-df1e-4d26-88bb-f82d1dbc22c0

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 6:01 am

Excellent.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptySat Feb 10, 2024 9:50 am

well i must say i didnt have you down as the jolly type rickler lol. I watch some of it earlier and will finish it tonight at somepoint. welcome back by the way.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 2:20 am

Angry wrote:
well i must say i didnt have you down as the jolly type rickler lol. I watch some of it earlier and will finish it tonight at somepoint. welcome back by the way.

Thanks very much, Angry.

Yeah.. I think most of the people who know me would say I have a good sense of humour. Cynical and sarcastic, but pretty good.

For those who are interested in ArgyleUSA, you can visit our website which just launched a few months ago: www.argyleusa.com

A good bunch of people and of course, Simon Hallett is very much involved, but he holds no special place or sway. He is treated just like any other member.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 9:09 am

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Thanks very much, Angry.

Yeah..  I think most of the people who know me would say I have a good sense of humour.  Cynical and sarcastic, but pretty good.

For those who are interested in ArgyleUSA, you can visit our website which just launched a few months ago:  www.argyleusa.com

A good bunch of people and of course, Simon Hallett is very much involved, but he holds no special place or sway.  He is treated just like any other member.

i must finish the program tonight i got distracted last night so didnt get round to it. But of interest has anyone tried to persuade Simon to "fund" the team coming to the states for a pre season training camp and a couple of games yet?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptyMon Feb 12, 2024 9:47 pm

Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Thanks very much, Angry.

Yeah..  I think most of the people who know me would say I have a good sense of humour.  Cynical and sarcastic, but pretty good.

For those who are interested in ArgyleUSA, you can visit our website which just launched a few months ago:  www.argyleusa.com

A good bunch of people and of course, Simon Hallett is very much involved, but he holds no special place or sway.  He is treated just like any other member.

i must finish the program tonight i got distracted last night so didnt get round to it. But of interest has anyone tried to persuade Simon to "fund" the team coming to the states for a pre season training camp and a couple of games yet?

Bringing the team over has been discussed several times but not seriously. The problem is the MLS season is in full swing during our preseason. An MLS team will disrupt their season to play a prem team or top European team because of the money they will make. Playing Argyle is not an earner. This of course means the discussion of funding hasn't been had as it's moot.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up EmptyTue Feb 13, 2024 5:23 pm

Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Angry wrote:

Thanks very much, Angry.

Bringing the team over has been discussed several times but not seriously. The problem is the MLS season is in full swing during our preseason. An MLS team will disrupt their season to play a prem team or top European team because of the money they will make. Playing Argyle is not an earner. This of course means the discussion of funding hasn't been had as it's moot.

verty true i suppose the college teams are in full force aswell then and wouldn't be able to fit us in either even though their college "soccer" isnt on the level as the football.   oh btw rickler why where you subtitled in your interview when you spoke clear enough english even kept the cornish tones inyour accent to be understood i found that a tad ughhh so wasnt sure why they did that i was wondering if they informed you as to why.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up   Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle USA Washington DC Meet-up
Page 1 of 1