Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )

Go down 
+6
pepsipete
Greenskin
Freathy
Mock Cuncher
Tringreen
125+1
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 7:36 pm

It's puzzling that if injuries were indeed the problem,why not say so,instead of "personal reasons " being quoted? Perhaps he shot his own ankles at the prospect of spending time at a club like Argyle.I don't believe the injury story,pound to a penny that he'll be signing for someone else soon.And who can blame him?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:13 pm

And some believed Kevin Phillips was going to sign.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 14, 2011 8:46 am

It's depressing being right on this one. WALOB
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 1:42 pm

Another one bites the dust.
The official site has just confirmed that Elding is the latest to say thanks, but no thanks. Perhaps he wanted paying or something.

It's beginning to look like a youth team it will be this year.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 22, 2011 2:07 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Another one bites the dust.
The official site has just confirmed that Elding is the latest to say thanks, but no thanks. Perhaps he wanted paying or something.

It's beginning to look like a youth team it will be this year.

It's now official then....... Mansfield Town > PAFC Another one who came, he saw he fucked off lol!

Look how far you've come Pasoti clown
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 10:21 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

It's now official then....... Mansfield Town > PAFC Another one who came, he saw he fucked off lol!

Year on year progress it's called. The dim wits trusted in stapes and have now got the club they fully deserve - but the sad thing is they love it. They love the fact that we're now shit. They love that fact that only 4,000 praaaaaperrr faaans will be at Hom Park next season and us 'moaners' will stay away. They love rattling buckets to pay the staff. They will love standing on the terraces at Shrewsbury and Accrington Stanley watching us get dicked. They will love wearing jester hats for the big Devon derby with Torquay.

As for Elding, he won't be the last to 'agree to sign' and then do one before the season starts. Not even the most mediocre of players wants to join us. Even jobless Rory Fallon wouldn't touch us.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 11:51 am

Freathy wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Year on year progress it's called. The dim wits trusted in stapes and have now got the club they fully deserve - but the sad thing is they love it. They love the fact that we're now shit. They love that fact that only 4,000 praaaaaperrr faaans will be at Hom Park next season and us 'moaners' will stay away. They love rattling buckets to pay the staff. They will love standing on the terraces at Shrewsbury and Accrington Stanley watching us get dicked. They will love wearing jester hats for the big Devon derby with Torquay.

As for Elding, he won't be the last to 'agree to sign' and then do one before the season starts. Not even the most mediocre of players wants to join us. Even jobless Rory Fallon wouldn't touch us.

On the occasions I feel strong enough to look in on the farm, it does appear to be the same few dozen who actually post. There are several 'fairly new' posters who continually propose unconditional support for the club and the new regime of Heaney/Ridsdale. Strange how these guys just pop up telling everyione to 'buy season tickets and just support' ?

Similar characters popped up when the wallet and his chums came under pressure. God only knows who is behind these manipulations of the Aviva masses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:04 pm

The boot is on the other foot now since the days of banning anyone that opposed the mods and mobs on pasoti. The problem they have now is that if they start using the tool of "banned" it will tarnish the image and damage potential ladder climbers. But without a doubt, pasoti has been infiltrated by the Plan A supporters that seem to be mostly new members.

Interesting to read IJN's mate Daz's comment with regards to those involved with the Plan B, "There are also some people that will gain from being involved". Who can he possibly mean?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:47 pm

GOB wrote:
The boot is on the other foot now since the days of banning anyone that opposed the mods and mobs on pasoti. The problem they have now is that if they start using the tool of "banned" it will tarnish the image and damage potential ladder climbers. But without a doubt, pasoti has been infiltrated by the Plan A supporters that seem to be mostly new members.

Interesting to read IJN's mate Daz's comment with regards to those involved with the Plan B, "There are also some people that will gain from being involved". Who can he possibly mean?

'Gain' what exactly though ? The club is a joke and a shell. Things are unlikely to get any better. The attendances will be less than 5k before long. The future is bleak. We will be owned and run by wide boys and property developers, for wide boys and property developers.

What possible pleasure can an intelligent human being derive from being 'part' of this nightmare scenario ?

Can't you just picture them in a few years time, in a half empty, damp and delapidated business lounge, with pasty crumbs down the front of their stained and worn 'glory years' replica shirt, still complaining of apathetic janners being to blame.
The irony will indeed be complete................. and still be wasted on them.

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 1:56 pm

The key word you used there is INTELLIGENT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Was Ridsdale in court yesterday?

Not read anything about it if he was?
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 23, 2011 4:32 pm

GOB wrote:
Was Ridsdale in court yesterday?

Not read anything about it if he was?

Case adjourned until September 27th,to give legal teams more time to look at "certain documents"..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks GS.

I wonder what the documents are all about then.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 24, 2011 1:25 pm

The legalese are paid by the hour, hence the wheels of justice grind slow, very slow.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:09 am

GOB wrote:
Thanks GS.

Knowing the ethical level of the people involved, especially given the legal advice to lie, given the "give us planning permission or the football club gets it" stance with PCC, i'd imagine the documents would be photographs of the judge in a compromising situation.

On the subject of the thread, is anyone else simply not 'feeling it' with regards football?. I hear all these names linked, I know i'm usually beside myself with anticipation atthis point, but I just can't give a single solitary toss about it. The players can't sign for us, they'll be gone at a moments notice if they get a better deal and with the proposed set-up rotten to it's absolute core there are far bigger issues to concern myself with.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 10:41 am

X Isle wrote:
GOB wrote:
Thanks GS.

Knowing the ethical level of the people involved, especially given the legal advice to lie, given the "give us planning permission or the football club gets it" stance with PCC, i'd imagine the documents would be photographs of the judge in a compromising situation.

On the subject of the thread, is anyone else simply not 'feeling it' with regards football?. I hear all these names linked, I know i'm usually beside myself with anticipation atthis point, but I just can't give a single solitary toss about it. The players can't sign for us, they'll be gone at a moments notice if they get a better deal and with the proposed set-up rotten to it's absolute core there are far bigger issues to concern myself with.

Yep,exactly the same here.The last few years have sickened me to the core,being a dyed in the wool,born and bred Pilgrim.I often think about what my father and grandfather [who were also lifers] would have thought of the shenanigans at HP,probably spinning in their graves.I did go to the QPR game out of respect for Larrieu,and i must confess i was very impressed and surprised with the quality that Argyle showed,even allowing for the fact that it was a pre season game.But the off field uncertainties soon cloud the football issues and i don't think you and i are alone in feeling a sense of foreboding about the future.It certainly does mystify me why any player in their right mind would want to sign for Argyle-surely if they were after a stepping stone,there would be firmer ones in the football league river? Maybe promises have been made which almost certainly not be kept,it sure beats me how Argyle have made one signing,let alone half a dozen.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:12 am

Here's another one feels the same way. Instead of looking at the new season with eager anticipation, am filled with forbodings. all the shenanigans have killed off my enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:35 am

I haven't really felt it since Ollie left. I knew *****wallets actions in selling Ollie's best players (for reasons which are now clear) was the beginning of the end for Argyle. When sturrock came in and replaced Ollie's team with mostly League One/Two standard shit and relatively expensive (that is expensive for Argyle) flops I began feeling detached and went to fewer and fewer matches. Last season we were so bad on the pitch I was ready to completely give up but still somehow forced myself to go about 5 times. Now it feels like there is nothing worth supporting. I couldn't give a shit about the next L2/BSP (or lower) standard triallist or mediocre journeyman who has "agreed to sign" while desparately looking for an alternative. I'll leave getting excited about that to the Avivas - it really bores the shit out of me.

I'm clearly not a 'praaaaaper faaaaan' but somebody wake me up when the club is run by someone with a bit of class, ambition and interested in the football. I'm not interested while club is run purely for the benefit of spivs and property developers or parochial social climbers while the playing side is completely neglected.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 11:46 am

pepsipete wrote:
Here's another one feels the same way. Instead of looking at the new season with eager anticipation, am filled with forbodings. all the shenanigans have killed off my enthusiasm.

The financial boycott will be steadfast so unless anyone was giving me a free ticket that rules out home games but I still had it in mind to take in away games. That way I could still get my fix whilst not 'scabbing' across any (albeit notional) picket line. Trouble is the closer it gets and the more the problems mount up and show no sign of getting resolved, I don't actually feel any warmth, any incentive to do so.

Is this how it starts?. Is this how one begins to morph into those cynical old former greens who used to bemoan Argyle at me in the street or in the pub if I dared wear an Argyle shirt?. I'm think i'm going to have to FORCE myself to go to away games, not through desire but through fear. I've seen shit football from Argyle and that doesn't phase me, I could watch Argyle in leagues far lower than league 2, that wouldn't bother me either.

I just see names like Liam Dickinson or Anthony Elding and they don't register as being of interest to me. I viewed last seasons NWO signings Rory Patterson and Bondz N'Gala with the same distainful disinterest. They just didn't seem like Argyle players, it didn't feel like watching Argyle, the body was there infront of me but the soul had departed.

I'm even beginning to worry if the spark will reignite even if Heaney finally gives up and the transparent and upstanding regime I have longed for takes over. It's like the stuffing has been kicked out of my love of football. Right now though I couldn't give a f**k about who we're linked to or who has signed (agreed to sign if and when) it's just so trivial.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Maybe Ridders is promising these young hopefuls a position at his next club victim?

One where he can pay exorbitant wages to make up for the shame of dropping out to the West for a month or three until he and his wife leave us fully cashed up.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:02 pm

X Isle wrote:
pepsipete wrote:

The financial boycott will be steadfast so unless anyone was giving me a free ticket that rules out home games but I still had it in mind to take in away games. That way I could still get my fix whilst not 'scabbing' across any (albeit notional) picket line. Trouble is the closer it gets and the more the problems mount up and show no sign of getting resolved, I don't actually feel any warmth, any incentive to do so.

Is this how it starts?. Is this how one begins to morph into those cynical old former greens who used to bemoan Argyle at me in the street or in the pub if I dared wear an Argyle shirt?. I'm think i'm going to have to FORCE myself to go to away games, not through desire but through fear. I've seen shit football from Argyle and that doesn't phase me, I could watch Argyle in leagues far lower than league 2, that wouldn't bother me either.

I just see names like Liam Dickinson or Anthony Elding and they don't register as being of interest to me. I viewed last seasons NWO signings Rory Patterson and Bondz N'Gala with the same distainful disinterest. They just didn't seem like Argyle players, it didn't feel like watching Argyle, the body was there infront of me but the soul had departed.

I'm even beginning to worry if the spark will reignite even if Heaney finally gives up and the transparent and upstanding regime I have longed for takes over. It's like the stuffing has been kicked out of my love of football. Right now though I couldn't give a f**k about who we're linked to or who has signed (agreed to sign if and when) it's just so trivial.

This is how it starts mate. I was an ever present until I moved away from Plymouth for work.. Went through decades of ritually attending home matches at holiday times and most of the away matches within 100 miles or so but the stuffing was gradually knocked out of me, starting with the 'sell out' of the Waiters' era. The Warnock years gave temporary hope but that was soon dashed. By the time Sturrock, in his managerial prime, achieved what a club of our potential size can, from time to time, I was filled with dread .
The realities of the modern day football club told me that we just had to get someone will real money involved to latch onto the 16k fanbase and grow it through cash backed ambition. It become apparent very soon, that the remaining board members after the departure of Jones, Foot etc. had no intention of giving up their positions. Talk overheard in pubs of how much their shares were worth only confirmed my fears and the rest is the saddest chapter of all.
I couldn't 'enjoy the ride', trust in Stapes',' the organic model' blah blah blah. Very frustrating to see what was coming next when the likes of Newell were busy censoring warning voices. Nothing much has changed except his obvious desire to be seen as a real Argyle man, when in reality his number one priority is self interest and a place at the top table. Well he's got his position right now and if he plays his cards right and lurches towards the eventual owners when the writing is well and truly on the wall, he will be tolerated by whichever 'real gents' are in control and will deliver a suitably compliant Pasoti in return.
If that happens my switch off will be complete.
I don't think that he, or the likes of Ridsdale, realise just how far out of love with Argyle and football in general, many people are.
We'll be lucky to average more than Exeter through the turnstyles.
Look how far we've come.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 2:18 pm

Can't agree with the Newell stuff. I've had my fall-ins and out with him down the years but as I said when I first posted here, I can't really hold a grudge for longer than I can hold my breath. Local 'fan politics', personality clashes or grudges hold no interest for me, as I see it they're far more 'Argyle people' than the three amigos so that's good enough.

I don't care who they are, what they've done previously or what the seating arrangements are in the whole Argyle fan knob comparison convention. SOMEONE is putting SOMETHING together to catch our club when the skint tyre kicker finally gives up the ghost and drops it.

I just hope by the time it happens I still give a sufficiently large toss about the whole thing to enjoy it again.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 5:54 pm

Gazumped by Grimsby- Elding signs for the Mariners-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:42 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Gazumped by Grimsby- Elding signs for the Mariners-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Actually,Grimsby are a salutary example of what can happen to even long established football league clubs.I think we took their place in the CCC in 2004 after they had spent many years in the second tier and it's been downhill all the way for them since then.Still,they must be on the way back if they can sign players of Elding's calibre. lol!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 25, 2011 7:52 pm

He looked at us then looked at Grimsby and thought "in 2011/12 I'd rather win promotion out of the BSP than get relegated into it. And I want to get paid"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )   Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears ) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Liam Dickinson linked ( Now Elding disappears )
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next