Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? Empty
PostSubject: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:06 pm

Can anyone please tell me of any reason whatsoever why "Heaney" would have the lightest inclination to complete this joke of a purchase in August ?

I've wracked my brain and can't think of one. Why would "he" want to be liable for a further £2m loss in this season's running costs, when they can just be added to the football creditor list and be negotiated downward.
The league, while not giving their golden share, will happily allow a further season under administration, and no cash has to be paid out immediately.

Surely the whole point of this 'pre-pack' was to jump ship, avoid all the contracted running costs, and claw back their losses. I can't think of any reason why any purchaser would bother to own the club as early as August, and I bet Guilfotle knows that too. 4 to 6 weeks ? .. don't make me laugh .. they're all lying again.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:17 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Can anyone please tell me of any reason whatsoever why "Heaney" would have the lightest inclination to complete this joke of a purchase in August ?

I've wracked my brain and can't think of one. Why would "he" want to be liable for a further £2m loss in this season's running costs, when they can just be added to the football creditor list and be negotiated downward.
The league, while not giving their golden share, will happily allow a further season under administration, and no cash has to be paid out immediately.

Surely the whole point of this 'pre-pack' was to jump ship, avoid all the contracted running costs, and claw back their losses. I can't think of any reason why any purchaser would bother to own the club as early as August, and I bet Guilfotle knows that too. 4 to 6 weeks ? .. don't make me laugh .. they're all lying again.

Nice work if you can get it. All you have to do is meet up with a few of the peasants occasionally, allow them their moments of anger, then charm them back on side with a hearty slap on the back like real gents do.
They are taking the piss and getting paid for it. You're being had !

Get the buckets ready boys !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 10:24 pm

I doubt if buckets will be big enough, they're going to need water butts !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 11:35 pm

Is Heaney keen to complete in August because he wants to be able to prove to his money men (banks or individuals) that he is serious? Is it safe to assume that he no longer has the funds that he thought he had when he became the PB? So is he pushing through with the sale before other lenders get cold feet and his house of cards comes crashing down?

I think the development of HP is a poison chalice and I don't think Heaney has the brains or the balls to pull it off. I wonder if Ridsdale has realised this and is now using Heaney as a tool. I wonder if in a years time Heaney will have gone bust again and Ridders picks up the ground for a song.

I would imagine that Ridders wants complete control of the club and ground but doesn't want to pay for it. He has managed to get the club for a quid......how much would he get the ground for if Heaney and his "developments" fail?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 12:24 am

Don't you be worrying yer eds with all this stuff. I just wants the staaaaaaf paid and now !
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:02 pm

If the rumour of Heaney pulling out is true, this would appear to be a perfect opportunity for the Trust, with the help of one or two experienced people like Peter Jones, to really get involved in the running/ownership of the football club itself. I believe that a democratic and well run Trust as owners, would see membership rise to several thousand and almost as many season ticket sales.
With the noises Ridsdale is making re season tickets/fanfests etc., he will have little or no support. Why the hell should Argyle be saddled with that parasite ?
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:32 pm

Tringreen wrote:
If the rumour of Heaney pulling out is true, this would appear to be a perfect opportunity for the Trust, with the help of one or two experienced people like Peter Jones, to really get involved in the running/ownership of the football club itself. I believe that a democratic and well run Trust as owners, would see membership rise to several thousand and almost as many season ticket sales.
With the noises Ridsdale is making re season tickets/fanfests etc., he will have little or no support. Why the hell should Argyle be saddled with that parasite ?

Dream land...

Anyway.. The 'Trust' currently consists of Chris Webb, Newell and whatever GT is invited. You wanna place your trust in that trio?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 6:40 pm

Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Dream land...

Anyway.. The 'Trust' currently consists of Chris Webb, Newell and whatever GT is invited. You wanna place your trust in that trio?

I find it better to live in a dreamland. The ugly reality of our position and lack of alternatives is depressing.

Not only do I dislike the parasites at the club both past and present but I also despair of our 'country cousin', so called fans leadership.
A pint and a pasty in the Cherry Tree is about as good as it gets.
Nauseatingly parochial.

Even the Grecians have more sophistication............just.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 8:15 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Dream land...

I find it better to live in a dreamland. The ugly reality of our position and lack of alternatives is depressing.

Not only do I dislike the parasites at the club both past and present but I also despair of our 'country cousin', so called fans leadership.
Nauseatingly parochial.

The Trust consists of the Interim Steering Committee until the full elections which commence in August.

The meetings we have recently held with the club have been for Supporters representatives not the Trust hence why other groups have been in attendance.

As for "Plan B", I have written to James Brent, Vivien Pengelly, Peter Jones and other key figures to try and put something coherant together. Hopefully we'll have more news on this in the coming days.

Tring and Rickler - if you have any issues or ideas then just email me. Tring - you may want to wait more than a couple of hours for a reply this time though before attacking me on here Wink
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:30 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Dream land...

Nauseatingly parochial.

The Trust consists of the Interim Steering Committee until the full elections which commence in August.

The meetings we have recently held with the club have been for Supporters representatives not the Trust hence why other groups have been in attendance.

As for "Plan B", I have written to James Brent, Vivien Pengelly, Peter Jones and other key figures to try and put something coherant together. Hopefully we'll have more news on this in the coming days.

Tring and Rickler - if you have any issues or ideas then just email me. Tring - you may want to wait more than a couple of hours for a reply this time though before attacking me on here Wink

Nothing personal Chris. Just desperate for our club/city to seize the moment and not wait to be screwed over again.

You have taken on what should be a pivotal role and you could inspire many thousands to follow both physically and financially, to make our club something we are all proud of at last. The fanfests and bucket rattling would be a mere sideshow, if the city and Argyle fans worldwide felt they had ownership of the club.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:07 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Dream land...

Nauseatingly parochial.

That's the bit that worries me, how come the Trust seem to be so "in the clique" of Brent, why haven't you written to Bullivant?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:23 pm

GOB wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Rickler wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Dream land...

Anyway..  The 'Trust' currently consists of Chris Webb, Newell and whatever GT is invited.  You wanna place your trust in that trio?

Nauseatingly parochial.

That's the bit that worries me, how come the Trust seem to be so "in the clique" of Brent, why haven't you written to Bullivant?
If you read the relevant thread on Pasoti then it is clear why we haven't written to Buttivant.

IF the PBs bid collapses then we will be on a knife edge. James Brent has already performed due dilligence and proved his funding. Time would not allow for anyone to carry out those operations without the club staring liquidation in the face.

My personal opinion is that Buttivant has no money. If he did then he would have supplied it in the format required by Brendan Guilfoyle. The Trust has asked him for a copy of the letter he provided BG. No reply.

There is no love in with James Brent. It is plain and simply - if the PBs fail then a working party of the supporters, James Brent and Council offer us the best way forward.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 26)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 10:48 pm

I occasionally read pasoti Chris but many of us have been denied access so our use is limited and consequently our interest.

I understand what you are saying with regards to Bullivant not having the money but as you say, that's a personal opinion.

I'll be interested to read Postey's response to that Chris as it was very much the case that the Trust associated itself very strongly with Brent long before the due diligence was carried out, that alone poses questions.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:00 pm

Well if it comes to a 'rescue'plan, please try to involve some more cosmopolitan supporters in the process. There are quite a few about but sadly, not fronting the oldest and largest forum.

I don't know enough of all the detail and may therefore sound naive but the best I can now envisage is Brent getting what he wants re PCC & Development, the council buying back the ground and leasing it to the club run by the Trust, utilising people like Peter Jones and maybe one or two others will come out of the woodwork, who were involved in the 'consortium of Argyle fans', who wanted to invest but Stapleton was having none of it, supported by Pasoti , of course.

Good luck. It's not easy being a Green.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:08 pm

We can also, if Chris would like, create a Fans Trust Forum on this site where ALL can ask questions and Chris can put right some of the issues he is concerned about? At the moment things are quite divided amongst different threads, maybe this would make it easier for Chris and may also add one or two to the Trust membership over time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 11:35 pm

GOB wrote:
We can also, if Chris would like, create a Fans Trust Forum on this site where ALL can ask questions and Chris can put right some of the issues he is concerned about? At the moment things are quite divided amongst different threads, maybe this would make it easier for Chris and may also add one or two to the Trust membership over time.

GOB - In short for me it is a question of time - physically being able to fit in work, life, Trust website, media, pasoti (whatever you think it has huge numbers and is good for getting news spread). What I am happy to do is (a) post whenever I can and (b) add one of the Admins to my media contact list so that the news goes out to everywhere then and the links / posts can be just copied.

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 am

Chris, feel free to do whatever you want, it's the boast of this site that Argyle fans do as they please within the realms of the law and common decency. Nobody is banned for being a one trick pony and although your comments, links etc. maybe criticised, they will be respected.

There's a link to the Trust at the bottom of the home page, if you require anything else then let us know.

The Admin/Moderators are:

Tringreen
Pepsipete
Greenskin
Penzancepirate
Frank Bullitt
GOB

Last edited by GOB on Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:14 am

Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:

GOB - In short for me it is a question of time - physically being able to fit in work, life, Trust website, media, pasoti (whatever you think it has huge numbers and is good for getting news spread). What I am happy to do is (a) post whenever I can and (b) add one of the Admins to my media contact list so that the news goes out to everywhere then and the links / posts can be just copied.

Chris

That sounds reasonable.

Hopefully, if and when the race has been run, things will settle down and we can all get back to normal. Whether that includes an active interest in Argyle remains to be seen.

This is a crucial period in the club's history and I wish you every success in hopefully helping to form a future we can all believe in.

May the force be with you.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:51 am

GOB wrote:
Chris, feel free to do whatever you want, it's the boast of this site that Argyle fans do as they please within the realms of the law and common decency. Nobody is banned for being a one trick pony and although your comments, links etc. maybe criticised, they will be respected.

There's a link to the Trust at the bottom of the home page, if you require anything else then let us know.

Tringreen
Pepsipete
Greenstuff
Penzancepirate
Frank Bullitt
GOB

Thanks for the name change,GOB. Laughing Welcome to AT,Chris,it would be excellent if a system could be set up for trust members who currently are not able to post on PASOTI to express their points of view on this site.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:56 am

I lost all trust in the Trust when the link with PASOTI’S owners became apparent, subsequently I lost total interest in the Trust.

Had our first site not been abused with possibly personal and financial information gained by those that are responsible for the closing of a fellow fans Argyle web site as well as holding positions of responsibility on PASOTI, I may have been more open to the views of the Trust.

The reputations of one or two that the Trust associate themselves with is not something that I see myself being interested in, but there’s always room for change and in that respect I look forward to hearing from Chris again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 am

Greenskin wrote:
GOB wrote:

Tringreen
Pepsipete
Greenstuff
Penzancepirate
Frank Bullitt
GOB

Thanks for the name change,GOB. Laughing Welcome to AT,Chris,it would be excellent if a system could be set up for trust members who currently are not able to post on PASOTI to express their points of view on this site.

oooops sorry mate, thank gawd for "edit"! Embarassed

Do we have a Greensuff on here, it rings a bell for some reason?

Anyway, I agree. There's been a lot of confidence lost in the Trust from our point of view on this site, maybe Chris can restore that and gain a few more members? We're not short of opinionated people on here, that's what is needed by the Trust in my view.

Last edited by GOB on Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:00 am

Tringreen wrote:
Chris Webb wrote:
GOB wrote:

Chris

That sounds reasonable.

Hopefully, if and when the race has been run, things will settle down and we can all get back to normal. Whether that includes an active interest in Argyle remains to be seen.

This is a crucial period in the club's history and I wish you every success in hopefully helping to form a future we can all believe in.

May the force be with you.

Tring

As you have emailed me previously I will add your address to the contact list for releases if that is OK?

Chris
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:06 am

Tring would be a good point of contact Chris if you do not have the chance of posting.

You can also email the site itself - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 1:11 am

What a thoroughly sensible set of posts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 3:05 am

It's clear there's a campaign against Paul Buttivant, especially over the last few days. Is it because he's seen as a threat? Some opinion makers are trying to get everyone behind a Brent bid, which is fine, the future of the club is more important than scoring points about the best bidder but some comments about Buttivant leave a sour taste.

Of the three bids only Buttivant would have kept the stadium together as one entity with the football club. Heaney wants to split it and Brent wants the Council to buy Home Park.
As for due diligence, how has Brent done his due diligence? He hasn't paid for any exclusivity so how has he carried out due diligence, unless someone on the inside, who would benefit from a Brent takeover, has carried out due diligence on Brent's behalf? Did Brent carry out his due diligence before Heaney won Preferred Bidder status?

Asking to see and more likely publish Buttivant's Proof of Funding is similar to when the Trust sent Buttivant an aggressive set of questions. It's Buttivant's business and between him and Guilfoyle.

Anyway, all these are minor issues compared to the future of the club. If Heaney fails there has to be a Plan B with either Brent or Buttivant.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next