Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 10:00 am

Healthy democratic behaviour is not just about technical representation within. It is also how well it deals with differing views, both within and without.
Majority followers will always advocate the inside revisionist approach ..... well, they would, wouldn't they .... what better way to dilute opposition to nothing.

Others recomend lobbying from the outside .... as it is often far more effective. It certainly goes on at Westminster..... the voting chamber and 5 year term is but a small part of the real representation and decision making that goes on.
To say " if you are not a member of the trust, you have no right to influence" is as ludicrous now as it was a million years ago when debates of representation started.
Back to top Go down

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?   Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ? - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 3:53 pm

Charlie Wood wrote:
I take your point, Gob. I wasn't involved or aware about what happened and find it difficult to understand the perpertrators motives Question I still maintain the growth of the Trust will be our future salvation and to ensure it is truly representative it needs the engagement from the widest range of opinions and views. The nature of these organisations means they run the risk of reflecting their leaders view of things, it's human nature, I've been happy to run "things" during my lifetime, as long as everybody realised I was right and did things my way. Now that may sound odd but so many of us are happy to sit back and be led, after all, we think, they've volunteered to do this and save me from exerting any effort.

I'm sure you're no shrinking violet, Gob, have your say. If you joined the Trust as a member you would have a valid complaint about being excluded from their only active forum that would surely have to be addressed.

I guess it's a matter of opinion if the Trust are using PASOTI or PASOTI (some parts of) are using the Trust. Personally I think the Trust's relationship with PASOTI is a "needs must" in these early days.

That's a fair comment Charlie and I should remember that not everyone is aware of the circumstances of the past.

Others that are members of this site are also members of the Trust and did voice an opinion on the fun and games that went on at the time, unfortunately the Trust didn't seem all that concerned at the time and I'm not sure that members of the Trust care now, hence my cynicism of those involved and my refusal to become a member and to inform as many as possible of the unacceptable behaviour of those involved, but I'm willing to be swayed and give the benefit of the doubt.

I genuinely hope that the Trust comes good, we and the club need them to, but my concern is that whilst they involve those of such devious character I question if they will.
Back to top Go down

Why would Heaney bother to complete in August ?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3