AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:26 am

Just been sent this by a Southend fan:

Quote :
Hey,
I spoke to Dickinson today at our pre-season game, asked him various things but thought you'd be interested to know what he said about Plymouth. You may already know, but hey I'll tell you anyway.

Basically I asked him what the hell went on, there 1 minute gone the next.
He said he never had a contract at Plymouth, he turned up to a meeting at which he thought personal terms would be discussed, to his and his agents surprise Ridsdale and co wanted him to sign a contract that made no mention of him getting a wage.
he left that meeting in his words 'feeling there was something not right'
they all had a second meeting, the same happened again, Dickinson asked about what his wage would be, the question was dodged to which his agent advised they leave the meeting and Plymouth Argyle and seek employment elsewhere.

so there you go, you may know that already but I thought it was quite a sorry tale about the state of PAFC - hope it all comes together for the club at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:39 am

Yep sounds about right. I believe Dickinson's version and not PAFC's official line garbage -
"released for personal reasons" my arse. Players don't just 'sign' and then get
immediately released. If you asked Elding who also 'agreed to sign' he'd probably give a similar story. The club is nothing more than a pathetic joke.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:48 am

What a tosser, fancy coming here and wanting to be paid, who does he think he is. No blame at Ridsdales door there, I mean it's surely a 'personal reason' that he wanted to get paid isn't it? Laughing.

Personally i'm not surprised, I doubt any Argyle fan would be except the uber lemmings. What I find more surprising is that the player himself, more so his agent, came down here in the first place without actually doing his homework. Why did they think that they'd get paid, in full and on time, when no-one else has since before Christmas last year?, what were they thinking?.

Mind you double standards continue to exists so maybe they gambles on Brenda doing another slap in the face for one person to please another as he did this week. He hasn't paid the staff since arriving because "he can't afford to become personally liable for their contracts, PAYE etc.", yet this week he's taken on the personal liability for new signings. Go figure that slap in the face for the staff for a second.

Wankers, all three of them.
Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:58 am

Does Ridsdale believe in actually paying for anything? He sold a few players to pay the tax bill, but since then he has not paid the players, the staff, or the suppliers. Has he even paid £1 for the club yet?

Why is this man allowed anywhere near a football club?
Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 11:11 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Does Ridsdale believe in actually paying for anything? He sold a few players to pay the tax bill, but since then he has not paid the players, the staff, or the suppliers. Has he even paid £1 for the club yet?

Why is this man allowed anywhere near a football club?

Nope, as I have said all along ... he intends a Big society, certainly for the most part of this season ... it's how he's planned it in his head, regardless what he has written down for his 'business plan'. There's so little opposition to him down here, I really do believe he's getting some sort of meglomaniac complex.

I believe the Footbll league will turn it down next week now.

The real trouble as I see it for the 'new regime' when it actually happens, if Ridsdale is involved, who would want anything to do with him ?.... there will be zero club spirit, zero team ethic... it will be worse than the last bunch.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:31 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Just been sent this by a Southend fan:

Quote :
Hey,
I spoke to Dickinson today at our pre-season game, asked him various things but thought you'd be interested to know what he said about Plymouth. You may already know, but hey I'll tell you anyway.

Basically I asked him what the hell went on, there 1 minute gone the next.
He said he never had a contract at Plymouth, he turned up to a meeting at which he thought personal terms would be discussed, to his and his agents surprise Ridsdale and co wanted him to sign a contract that made no mention of him getting a wage.
he left that meeting in his words 'feeling there was something not right'
they all had a second meeting, the same happened again, Dickinson asked about what his wage would be, the question was dodged to which his agent advised they leave the meeting and Plymouth Argyle and seek employment elsewhere.

so there you go, you may know that already but I thought it was quite a sorry tale about the state of PAFC - hope it all comes together for the club at some point.

So Robbie Williams and Durrel Berry just signed the same thing but were happy with that, and when thier contracts were registered with the football league again it they had no terms on it Shocked

Highly unlikely i think you'll find terms were agreed, but with the clubs situation, it was stated that they could not garantee payment in full until the takeover was completed.

I think this sort of rubbish should be on that football rumours site, as if a proffesional footballer is going to tell a total stranger the in's and out's of the situation, but not the media Laughing

Next his cousin who is a grimsby season ticket holder will text him why Elding didnt sign for us Laughing

Yep the name on this thread is 100% correct
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 12:55 pm

Freathy wrote:
Yep sounds about right. I believe Dickinson's version and not PAFC's official line garbage -
immediately released. If you asked Elding who also 'agreed to sign' he'd probably give a similar story. The club is nothing more than a pathetic joke.

Where is Dickinson's version? Thats just hearsay, is there a direct quote from him in the media saying this, in fact does this so called southend fan actually exist, I mean he travelled to Canvey island to watch an unfit dickinson who them happily mingled with the fans chatting about his personal life before heading back with the rest of the southend party on the team coach. Bollocks

And as for Elding, he agreed to join Mansfield,then Argyle before moving to Grimsby, nothing to do with money, purely down to location for him.

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 2:36 pm

I believe it...nothing surprises me about Argyle anymore
Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:33 pm

Yup, considering the events at HP you would have to be daft not to believe it.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 3:46 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Where is Dickinson's version? Thats just hearsay, is there a direct quote from him in the media saying this, in fact does this so called southend fan actually exist, I mean he travelled to Canvey island to watch an unfit dickinson who them happily mingled with the fans chatting about his personal life before heading back with the rest of the southend party on the team coach. Bollocks

And as for Elding, he agreed to join Mansfield,then Argyle before moving to Grimsby, nothing to do with money, purely down to location for him.
It's a direct copy of a PM I received from out of the blue from a chap called 'Kim Mitten' on Thefootballforums.net.
He's posted on that forum for years, is a well balanced individual and seems generally sound. I didn't ask for the story, I just posted it on here.

I can try and get him to post a couple of bits on here if you like, or you're welcome to sign up on there.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Freathy

Freathy

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 5:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:

It's a direct copy of a PM I received from out of the blue from a chap called 'Kim Mitten' on Thefootballforums.net.
He's posted on that forum for years, is a well balanced individual and seems generally sound. I didn't ask for the story, I just posted it on here.

I can try and get him to post a couple of bits on here if you like, or you're welcome to sign up on there.

You're wasting your time trying to reason with 125. Apparently it's completely impossible for fans to mingle with and talk to players after a PSF at a non-league ground. I mean it could never happen in a million years - ever. But even if by some freak accident of nature a fan and player did strike up a conversation in such circumstances and the fan asked a player why he'd left his last club immediately after 'signing', the player would NEVER in a billion years tell the fan what happened.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:21 pm

Mock's first post is kind of backed up on a Southend site (although the quote isn't from Dickinson himself)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"The tall targetman looked as good as signed to League Two rivals Plymouth Argyle this summer, but pulled out of the deal when it looked unlikely he would get paid what was on the contract, hope you've joined the right club mate."

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptySun Jul 31, 2011 10:51 pm

But the reason was his dodgy ankles was it not?
Back to top Go down

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:09 am

The trouble is no one believes a word the club says any more.
I think it's safe to assume that Guilfoyle would not want to increase the players' wages liability while Ridsdale et al stretch out into the distance.

I now kind of feel sorry for this young naive Argentinian guy that doesn't seem to really know if he's got a deal or he hasn't ... what a terrible way to treat someone.... it really is unacceptable and I suspect news of this sort of thing must be reaching the Football league. Ridsdale may well live to regret his tactics.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 8:17 am

seadog wrote:

lol! Maybe he was a 'headless chicken' too ! jocolor
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 9:23 am

Dickinson (and probably Elding) and his agent quicky sussed what an absolute shambles Argyle
is and very quickly and wisely got out of there. I wouldn't be at
all surprised if there are more departures than additions before
Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing EmptyMon Aug 01, 2011 12:35 pm

Tringreen wrote:
seadog wrote:

lol! Maybe he was a 'headless chicken' too ! jocolor

Nah, he was just a big gay bear, only 1 per club allowed, it's the new rules innit lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

Embarrassing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Embarrassing   Embarrassing Empty

Back to top Go down

Embarrassing
Page 1 of 1