Your team for Aldershot

Go down 
+2
mouldyoldgoat
Dougie
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Your team for Aldershot Empty
PostSubject: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 6:50 pm

Gilmartin

Berry, Nelson, Richards, Purrington

Lennox, Hourihane, Young, Cowan Hall

Griffiths (C) Lecointe

Subs: Cole, Blanchard, Sims, Harvey, Gurrieri, Chadders, Copp

Argyle 1 Aldershot 1, game goes to penalties

3200 (98 aldershot)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:27 pm

Thank you to Mods for deleting the off topic comments
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 7:48 pm

Sorry for the grief you got off this latest tw@t.

He slipped through even though we completed our usual security procedures before activating them.
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:27 pm

Slack. You guys of the G4S of the modding world. 

As for the team I haven't got a clue.

As for the score I haven't got a clue.

As for the crowd I think your about right. 3000 REAL fans with plastics coming out when if we get to Wembley and those who are there pointing out how they were there when we beat Aldershot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyMon Oct 08, 2012 8:53 pm

Crowd - 2, 981.

2,726 of them from Aldershot.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:15 am

Dougie wrote:
Slack. You guys of the G4S of the modding world. As for the team I haven't got a clue.

As for the score I haven't got a clue.

As for the crowd I think your about right. 3000 REAL fans with plastics coming out when if we get to Wembley and those who are there pointing out how they were there when we beat Aldershot.

Blimey are we that good? Thanks! Very Happy

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:26 am

Argyle could be missing up to ten players for tonight's game.
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:33 am

VillageGreen wrote:
Will anyone notice?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 11:40 am

I know we are hampered by injuries and all round shitness but if I was in charge I would give this a go. There's no way we'll go up and I think we'll scrape enough wins to not go down so why not try and divert the attention with a cup run which could give everyone a nice day out at Wembley?

I never understand why teams like Stoke/Fulham never go full pelt for the League Cup. They're unlikely to go down and likely to finish between 8th and 13th. I would rest players to give both cups a go.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:18 pm

About £500K for every place higher they finish in the league is probably why.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:30 pm

swampy wrote:
About £500K for every place higher they finish in the league is probably why.

Understand that Swampy. How much is winning the FA/League Cup worth? In monetary terms its fixed but over time crowds wane if the limit of your ambition is to scrape 40 points and move on. My guess is the fans of yo-yo clubs would rather win the FA cup and get relegated knowing they've got a good chance of going back up if the club is on an even financial keel.

Anyway doesn't matter for us but I would give it a proper go.
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 12:43 pm

Unfortunately retaining Premier league status is the be all and end all and the astronomical new TV deal starting next season makes it even more the case. Winning one of the cups is probably worth about 3 places in the league so financially not a big incentive if it costs a few places in the league and evens out the money gained and lost. Most premier league grounds are at least at 90% capacity for the lesser teams so supporters interest waning I'm not sure about. As for winning a cup and losing top division status, I'm not sure the average fan would want that either to be honest. As for the Paint pot trophy, yes I think we should give it our best shot, in our situation we are unlikely to go up or down so it would be a little excitement at the end of the season if we could get there.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 1:20 pm

price on away win no 13/8 - thats come down from 15/8
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot EmptyTue Oct 09, 2012 5:41 pm

shonbo wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:
Will anyone notice?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Probably not.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your team for Aldershot   Your team for Aldershot Empty

Back to top Go down

Your team for Aldershot
Page 1 of 1