seadog
Mock Cuncher
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:16 am

Tringreen wrote:
Agreed. High time our 'representatives' stopped fannying around and led the wider support in a crusade of non compliance.

To hell with the parasites and conmen. Starve the bastards out and start again. If you haven't seen this excellent documentary yet, featuring Argyle half way through, it is both revealing and inspiring.
Time to regain the soul of our football club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Well said!
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 28, 2011 10:30 am

Tringreen wrote:
Agreed. High time our 'representatives' stopped fannying around and led the wider support in a crusade of non compliance.

To hell with the parasites and conmen. Starve the bastards out and start again. If you haven't seen this excellent documentary yet, featuring Argyle half way through, it is both revealing and inspiring.
Time to regain the soul of our football club.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Just watched it - superb programme. I forgot about the pair of crooks Exeter had in charge when they were relegated out of the league. Exeter fans took their club back and that's what we're going to have to do.
Back to top Go down

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:51 am

So as I understand it these are the next key dates in the Argyle calendar.

8th September which is the date of the next football league meeting, where they will discuss the Riddlers proposal. this could go either way as the league are between a rock and a hard place.

14th September is when payroll is due again, I predict another deferal as the league fails to make its mind up again

27th September sees the Riddler back in court, which will probably drag out for the rest of the year

And so it continues, the takeover wont complete until the Heaney carve up is given unreserved approval. The league won't decide one way or the other because whilst they know the whole thing stinks to high heaven and they really need to show some balls after the Leeds/Notts Co farce, they can't afford to lose a member.

Meanwhile the staff will probably go unpaid again. The trust being more or less peripheral at this stage of proceedings attempt to appear relevant organise another meeting where doom and gloom is predicted but Ridsdale is working tirelessly to save the club and everyone should stick together.

If any ISC member reads this, I don't mean for this to be viewed as a criticism of the trust. Because I think it is stuck between a rock and a hard place, being locked out of the takeover process with the only method of staying relevant being maintaining good terms with the administration team.

I do worry that they might end up 'going native' as it were and get co-opted into the Ridsdale circle though. I'm pretty sure it won't happen but its a concern nevertheless.

After last night however, I was just relieved to watch a game of football and a performance of sorts from the team.
Back to top Go down

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 11:56 am

peter_dout wrote:
So as I understand it these are the next key dates in the Argyle calendar.

8th September which is the date of the next football league meeting, where they will discuss the Riddlers proposal. this could go either way as the league are between a rock and a hard place.

14th September is when payroll is due again, I predict another deferal as the league fails to make its mind up again

27th September sees the Riddler back in court, which will probably drag out for the rest of the year

And so it continues, the takeover wont complete until the Heaney carve up is given unreserved approval. The league won't decide one way or the other because whilst they know the whole thing stinks to high heaven and they really need to show some balls after the Leeds/Notts Co farce, they can't afford to lose a member.

Meanwhile the staff will probably go unpaid again. The trust being more or less peripheral at this stage of proceedings attempt to appear relevant organise another meeting where doom and gloom is predicted but Ridsdale is working tirelessly to save the club and everyone should stick together.

If any ISC member reads this, I don't mean for this to be viewed as a criticism of the trust. Because I think it is stuck between a rock and a hard place, being locked out of the takeover process with the only method of staying relevant being maintaining good terms with the administration team.

I do worry that they might end up 'going native' as it were and get co-opted into the Ridsdale circle though. I'm pretty sure it won't happen but its a concern nevertheless.

After last night however, I was just relieved to watch a game of football and a performance of sorts from the team.

That's how I see it as well Peter and I share that same fear of the Trust being manipulated into the Ridsdale circle, in fact judging from the comments of wanting to retain Ridsdale, I would say that circle is already well formed.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:28 pm

Must be about time for another contingency plan 'meeting', when the likes of BG....Bear! and Viv don't turn up, Chris spins his Webb of saying nothing very much, fairly eloquently and the fat controller turns up in casual wear,shades on, hands thrust into pockets, muttering anti northern numpty threats. Meanwhile newly elected Sue brings her new bucket and our GT rep oils his bat.

What a photograph, what a 'mental' picture lol!

ps Even I think I'm losing it now lol!

pps Still, won't be long til Christmas and Home Park will resemble A Christmas Carol, with Tiny Tim , a poor unpaid employee's child, hobbling across the potholed, frozen tarmac, struggling with a silver salver of festive goodies for the real gents and their guests.
"Let's have a whip round for Tiny Tim!" bellows a portly gent. Everyone gives generously, cos most of them are higher level tax payers, except for the BG...B who looks a bit like Fabio, another overpaid waster and only reluctantly gives £2. He's only been on nearly £200 an hour for the last year and is a very hard working gentleman.
He is quickly forgiven and Tiny Tim is soon forgotten as the party games begin. Charades anyone ?

ppps Oh ............ and the football, you ask ? Who cares.............................................................. rendeer

Last edited by Tringreen on Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:54 pm

We need a vote on whether Tring has lost the plot or not! rendeer pig farao
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 1:08 pm

GOB wrote:
We need a vote on whether Tring has lost the plot or not! rendeer pig farao

Think it must be the heat sunny
Back to top Go down

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 9:30 pm

At last, we have the nub of the problem and that was always always going to be where most of the money is ... the football creditors.

penzancepirate wrote:
One thing stands out for me .... I don't see how Guilfoyle can say the football creditors are all agreed. the most they can have with the players is an agreement to negotiate after the deal

Now it seems to be coming out at last according to some 'in the know', there ain't no agreement with the players, and never has been.
I'm no fan of the ludicrous wages of these players, but at least they're standing up to these gambling ex owners, and at least they have represenmtatives, agents, who give them advice. And I bet one thing .. those agents are rightly telling the payers that any reduction of what is owed to them will go staright into the pockets of their former employers to cover their gambling debts. It's a pity the backroom staff didn't have a Trade Union representing their interests in all this.
It's all an eyeball between the owners and the employees with the League in the middle ... I believe they will want to stick with the PFA ... hopefully times are changing.
Back to top Go down

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 9:37 am

The latest from Leigh Rapson, who is usually on the ball, is that the negotiations with football creditors haven't even started yet and now we hear that Guilfoyle is on holiday Shocked . I can't see how PandA can justify their conduct in all of this, I mean precisely on what basis was BI awarded PB status.

So I suppose the league have been told to either roll over or accept the logistal and financial nightmare of a football club folding during a season.

Absolutely shocking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DEADLINE   DEADLINE - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

DEADLINE
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: