The best all Devon team?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

The best all Devon team? Empty
PostSubject: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 3:55 pm

Just thinking if you had to form a "Devon" league 2 team what would be the squad, e.g made up of players from Argyle, Torquay and Exeter.
For me I would probably include Jake Cole, Bashera and Gurreri from the greens, O'Flynn and Jamie Cureton from the Grecians and from the Gulls - Kevin Nicholson, Lee Mansell and Danny Stevens, Rennie Howe would be an obvious choice as striker given his current form.
Anyone else any Devon squad suggestions? cheers
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:07 pm

Surely Cole isn't the best keeper of the three sides?

I certainly wouldn't have any of our management team.

To be honest, I couldn't name a single Torqxeter player.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:13 pm

Does Alan Banks still play for Exeter?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:19 pm

Justin Fashanu?

OMG he's black and gay, or was, CALL THE feckin FBI HOOPER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:22 pm

Good shout with Cole, Baz, Cureton, Howe, O'Flynn. Would have Rhys Griffiths certainly if not in the team, on the bench.

Cole is in my opinion the best keeper out of Plymexquay Unityle. Certainly far better than Kalamity Krysiak. Demonstrated by his fantastic performance at Cheltenham on Tuesday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:26 pm

Cole

Berry Purse Blanchard Williams

MacDonald Wotton Hourihane Baz

Howe Cureton
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Lot of Exeter City in there AoM!!

Are there any on the bench? Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 5:59 pm

knecht wrote:

No, but he could still run rings round your defence.

I haven't seen any Argyle matches (thank feck, nor any Torquay matches so cannot pass comment). Seen City 7 times this season and they are shite, yet still are above Torquay, Devon's worst team and Argyle Cornwall's worst team.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Oddly enough Red, my Exeter City attending mate said much the same. About city being shit that is. He said no creativity and no cohesion. League position flatters to deceive, he said.

He went so far as to say Conference a real threat. Can't see that myself unless the wheels well and truly come off.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 6:24 pm

How could i leave out Martin Phillips. The man who saw sense and signed for the best team in Devon.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:24 am

knecht wrote:

Yes, still regularly turns out for the City Legends I believe tongue

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
SirCumfrance

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:27 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
knecht wrote:

Must be a little bit lonely.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 am

The Red Star wrote:
knecht wrote:

No, but he could still run rings round your defence.

I haven't seen any Argyle matches (thank feck, nor any Torquay matches so cannot pass comment). Seen City 7 times this season and they are shite, yet still are above Torquay, Devon's worst team and Argyle Cornwall's worst team.

Red I think you'll find Toquay are now above us, as we slide towards that Blue & Square league again!! I'm with Cerbs friend, relegation is a distinct possibility this season.. look at the form table, it does not lie!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 am

SirCumfrance wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
knecht wrote:

lol!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:29 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:

Red I think you'll find Toquay are now above us, as we slide towards that Blue & Square league again!! I'm with Cerbs friend, relegation is a distinct possibility this season.. look at the form table, it does not lie!!
It certainly doesn't, as it stands.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:30 am

SirCumfrance wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
knecht wrote:

lol!

Not as lonely as Tommy Tynan for your lot though Wink
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:33 am

Cerbera wrote:
Oddly enough Red, my Exeter City attending mate said much the same. About city being shit that is. He said no creativity and no cohesion. League position flatters to deceive, he said.

He went so far as to say Conference a real threat. Can't see that myself unless the wheels well and truly come off.

we're already running on only one very flat tyre Cerbs... I'm with your mate, said at ther start of the season can't see 2 teams worse than us in this league, I was shocked by our start, thought oppo managers would have worked out our 1 dimensional play long before they did, now they have it's going to be a very long season, just like last season
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? EmptyFri Oct 26, 2012 10:46 am

as for the OP, traditional 4-3-3 on current form

......................................................M Poke (Tor)

K Amankwaah (Exe)... A Downes (Tor)... B Saah (Tor)... K Nicholson (Tor)

.................L Sercombe (Exe)... Gurrieri A (Ply)... M Oakley (Exe)

.................A Gow (Exe).... R Howe (Tor)... J Cureton (Exe)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The best all Devon team?   The best all Devon team? Empty

Back to top Go down

The best all Devon team?
Page 1 of 1