GreenSam
Freathy
Tgwu
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:29 pm

So important for Fletcher and the players to keep going, and putting in the effort they are.

We are fighting against the lies of James Brent!
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:30 pm

Pitbull wrote:
So important for Fletcher and the players to keep going, and putting in the effort they are.

What lies are they Cobi?

Not being confrontational just asking but can't think of how to word it without sounding confrontational Laughing
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 pm

"Lies" Cobi?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Enlighten me pit bull what lies have Mr Brent said?
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:35 pm

His lies of the club having a 'big budget' being in the league's 'top 5', his deluded claims of 'promotion'. All to boost season ticket sales.

Fans would be much more content with a simple "we have to rebuild and that starts by keeping the club in league 2 this season" - that is reality
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:37 pm

Pitbull wrote:
His lies of the club having a 'big budget' being in the league's 'top 5', his deluded claims of 'promotion'. All to boost season ticket sales.

Fans would be much more content with a simple "we have to rebuild and that starts by keeping the club in league 2 this season" - that is reality

Can't argue with that to be fair.

Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:40 pm

I suspect the size of our budget is big when compared against lots of other clubs. (Whether it should be bigger is another argument.) We have a very big squad.

I'm not sure he ever said, "We will be promoted." He certainly said something like, "We will, of course, always aim for promotion and we will aim to get Argyle back in the higher divisions where we belong"

It was always going to be a gradual building. Anyone who thought otherwise were deluded.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't want fletcher to keep going. I want the clueless buffoon IMMEDIATELY sacked. He's shit. He's crap. He's garbage. He's by far the worst 'manager' Argyle has ever had inflicted on it.

And I want brent out too.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

Freathy wrote:
I don't want fletcher to keep going. I want the clueless buffoon IMMEDIATELY sacked. He's shit. He's crap. He's garbage. He's by far the worst 'manager' Argyle has ever had inflicted on it.

You've changed your tune. All it takes is one defeat away from home to one of the top teams in this division and you're shouting to get them out.

I don't know ... some people are so fickle.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:45 pm

It does seem crazy how we have a large squad yet have no money.

Back to top Go down
GreenSam

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 5:57 pm

I think we have got a big budget. Look at the amount of signings we've made, in addition to the wages of Purse, Bhasera etc, the management team bound to be amongst the highest paid in the league, the inevitable higher than usual signing on fees and agent fees that come with more signings.

So we've got a much larger squad than most League Two sides, some of them on big money, signed more new players than most League Two sides (signing on fees/agent fees). Two massive areas plus the probable one of the managerial side that we're outspending our opponents. Paris's C-H's tribunal fee too, every little counts.

Nope, no lies in my book. I genuinely think we're amongst the biggest budgets in the league, Fletcher's just managed to waste it all. It's like Brent giving Fletch £500 to go out and get all he needs for a nice dinner party, he comes back with plastic plates and Sainsbury's value party rings.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:04 pm

Given how vague any businesman can be these days, the owner has no reason to lie where the budget is concerned. It was stated that historical matters would almost certainly ensure another loss this season. That suggests to me the wage budget is high. I take issue with the wording "competitive budget", as that is just gobbledegook.... could mean anything .... but not a lie.
Never let it be said fans on here don't have an objective and fair mind.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:

You've changed your tune. All it takes is one defeat away from home to one of the top teams in this division and you're shouting to get them out.

There's a fletcher love in on pasoti this evening. Thought you may wish to join in.

It seems the worse we get the more they love clueless.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 6:07 pm

Brents main fault is keeping fletcher in a job he's crap at! jocolor
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySat Oct 27, 2012 11:22 pm

Freathy wrote:
knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:

There's a fletcher love in on pasoti this evening. Thought you may wish to join in.

They'll drag us down to the Conference with there stupid love-in...quite sickly to read....but of course the mighty Rotherham are a big big club and we are lucky to have a team at all.....and we've got Fletcher to be thankful for.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 1:00 am

Freathy wrote:
knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So I dare to disagree and it's suggested I go to join pasoti! Don't you like people disagreeing with you?

Actually, my post was mostly tongue in cheek. I was trying also to say that some people (not you maybe - you have been consistent) seem to put a lot of weight on individual results and get carried away. The same team that seemed to be doing so well for a few matches and got good reviews for the style and effectiveness of their play don't suddenly become promotion candidates nor, by losing to two of the top teams in the division do we suddenly become relegation fodder.

I suspect that we will be somewhere around the middle of the table come the end of the season. Maybe a bit lower. I really don't see relegation looming. I may be wrong.

If that is the position we do end up in, I don't think it's good enough.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 7:42 am

knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:
knecht wrote:
Freathy wrote:

So I dare to disagree and it's suggested I go to join pasoti! Don't you like people disagreeing with you?

Actually, my post was mostly tongue in cheek. I was trying also to say that some people (not you maybe - you have been consistent) seem to put a lot of weight on individual results and get carried away. The same team that seemed to be doing so well for a few matches and got good reviews for the style and effectiveness of their play don't suddenly become promotion candidates nor, by losing to two of the top teams in the division do we suddenly become relegation fodder.

I suspect that we will be somewhere around the middle of the table come the end of the season. Maybe a bit lower. I really don't see relegation looming. I may be wrong.

If that is the position we do end up in, I don't think it's good enough.

I wasn't telling to join pasoti just (jokingly) suggesting you join in on the mostly fletcher supporting thread on pasoti. I was posting whilst still pissed off we had lost again and all the 'main' supporters forum could do is gush words of love for this utter shit 'manager'. But point taken in your post and apologies.
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:39 am

Thanks Freathy. And as for me, I was posting my second comment at getting on for 1:00 and was very tired after a night's work. I can usually take your "Fletcher out etc" comments with a pinch of salt but reacted yesterday. My apologies also.

Big hug sunny
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 8:52 am

knecht wrote:
Thanks Freathy. And as for me, I was posting my second comment at getting on for 1:00 and was very tired after a night's work. I can usually take your "Fletcher out etc" comments with a pinch of salt but reacted yesterday. My apologies also.

Big hug sunny

Aw bless clown
Back to top Go down

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 9:18 am

Freathy wrote:

Kevin Hodges says hello
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Although Fletcher's win ratio is much less. You might have a point Freathy but I wish you'd stop sitting on the fence.
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 10:07 am

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Brents main fault is keeping fletcher in a job he's crap at! jocolor
Disagree Brent's fault (mistake) was giving Fletcher the permanent job after a few games after saying he would review at the end of the season. We will I fear, regret that decision.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:31 am

Pitbull wrote:

A couple of facts here.

1. We have the fourth biggest budget in the league, after Fleetwood, Rotherham, and (I think) Bradford - not that's any cause for celebration.

2. Brent and the board are fully behind Fletcher and the aim this year is to be around the play offs.

That's the stated aim for public consumption. Privately, in my view, playing football is a hinderance to James Brent's ownership of a football club. We all know the plans for a hotel, ice rink etc etc and that is the long term view that has been taken.

I simply don't believe that Brent now 'gets it' in terms of what a football club actually means to it's supporters. I don't believe that most of the board 'get it' either, with the exception of Peter Jones.

We will stay in the league this year, as we will for years to follow, whilst the property around Home Park is developed.

What may change things is a new influx of wealthy Directors who actually are supporters, as mooted by the ubiquitous nikkk the other day. There are those around - more than you may think.

But, they need to be (a) willing to buy into the Brent vision, and (b) be allowed onto the board.

And Brent needs to understand that the finances they bring with them is for strengthening the team, not just to get us out of this league, but to get us back to the Championship, at least.

We just need to be more professional in everything that we do, get rid of the hangers on, and go back to being a football club again that the fans can unite behind. Everything seems divisive at the moment, the President causes more trouble than he's worth, this 'superfan' culture needs to be got rid of.

Will it happen? Can't see it myself, but you never know.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:38 am

How do you know what the budgets of all of the clubs in this division are? How can it be a "fact" that our budget is 4th biggest?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:44 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
How do you know what the budgets of all of the clubs in this division are? How can it be a "fact" that our budget is 4th biggest?

I don't know the budgets of all the clubs in the division, I haven't said that I do. I do know, for a fact, that we have the fourth biggest. Whether you choose to believe that is entirely up to you.
Back to top Go down
Grovehill

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 11:46 am

We certainly have a gate income in the top six of the division, therefore, if we spend to the 55% limit of turnover, our budget should also be top 6
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep going lads! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep going lads!   Keep going lads! Empty

Back to top Go down

Keep going lads!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next