Rickler
Nick
Greenskin
Tringreen
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

This is a better idea! Empty
PostSubject: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 am

An idea worth having, I can support this one a bit more then the silly beard thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

"Hi All

The Trust is organising a Red Card protest at next Saturdays game.

We will man every turnstile and pass a red card with a simple "save our club" message on the front and maybe and update on the back.

We will then ask everyone to hold these up as the players line up just prior to Kick Off.

Supporters will rightly ask what the focus of this protest is but it has to be acknowledged that the situation is very fluid.

1. Pay up or Get Out to BIL........by Saturday they may either have paid or have got out.

2. Press the Administrator to move to the Contingency Plan..........they may have done so.

3. If 1 and 2 happen (in a dream world) then we will register our protest simply against the treatment of the staff and players.

4. Simply "Save Our Club"

As I have said the full reasoning behind the protest will be very fluid depending on the events that take place next Saturday. What is definite though is that we will hold a red card protest based on a mixture of if not all 4 of the above points.

The media are already all over this and cameras are ready to film etc. We may also try to get the whole ground to sing in unison as the cards are held up. The "Arrrrrrgggggggyyyllllllleeeeeeee" one is usually a winner or maybe the "We're Plymouth Argyle and we'll never die".

We will keep everyone fully updated throughout next week.

I have a gut feeling that everything is coming to a head this week. The staff, players and supporters attitudes have changed.

A big week ladies and gents. We are ready!

Chris"
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 11:30 am

Yes.
At last.
I think the best we can hope for is a Brent/ PCC/ Trust combination, with maybe some private investment.
For me, liquidation is preferable to Heaney/Ridsdale and co.

Looks like we were a tad hasty in our support of the bearded, red...........or is that green card ? jocolor lol!

Last edited by Tringreen on Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 12:02 pm

Tringreen wrote:
Yes.
At last.
I think the best we can hope for is a Brent/ PCC/ Trust combination, with maybe some private investment.
For me, liquidation is preferable to Heaney/Ridsdale and co.

Exactly my sentiments Tring but with the absence of Ridsdale as well.

I can understand the sensitivity regarding Ridsdale as it can be argued that he'll be needed in the short term, although I can't say I agree with this decision and I would prefer a totally clean slate with the rot totally removed. Even though that may mean suffering in the short term I think it's a must if they want 100% backing from the fans.

I'm up for breaking my boycott for this match if this protest gathers steam!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 5:57 pm

It's all still too wooly though Gob.
It should be shouted loud and clear that this demonstration is against Ridsdale and the appalling pre pack attempt that has UNECCESSARILY put the players, staff and club in this mess.

In fact the 4th "option" for the protest is to Save our club.... whatever that means.
It wouldn't take much for Ridsdale to turn that into support for his attempt to bounce the PFA and Football League... there are already plenty of Farmhands blaming the League for their intransigence as they see it. It would make for a great headline for Ridsdale ... "Argyle fans plea to the Football League"

As always for me, Brent would be preferable to Heaney and favouring former owners, but Ridsdale is a no no whatever happens ... I would take liquidation before Ridsdale in any circumstance.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 7:35 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
It should be shouted loud and clear that this demonstration is against Ridsdale and the appalling pre pack attempt that has UNECCESSARILY put the players, staff and club in this mess.

In fact the 4th "option" for the protest is to Save our club.... whatever that means.
It wouldn't take much for Ridsdale to turn that into support for his attempt to bounce the PFA and Football League... there are already plenty of Farmhands blaming the League for their intransigence as they see it. It would make for a great headline for Ridsdale ... "Argyle fans plea to the Football League"

As always for me, Brent would be preferable to Heaney and favouring former owners, but Ridsdale is a no no whatever happens ... I would take liquidation before Ridsdale in any circumstance.

Brent was on the radio the other day. He said the first thing any business must do is meet it's liabilities.

I could have kissed him
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptySun Sep 04, 2011 8:58 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Brent was on the radio the other day. He said the first thing any business must do is meet it's liabilities.

I could have kissed him

Well Pete, who can argue with that ?
So it makes me wonder why someone with that attitude to business would have even been considering hooking up with the likes of Peter Ridsdale and his public reputation ..... or are we all agreed this Cardiff salesman is the epitomy of proberty ... the iconic future of ethical responsible football business management ?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 6:47 am

penzancepirate wrote:

Indeed........................... correct as usual, you cock !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:33 am

Just say BIL are out of the picture by Saturday, which is almost impossible to imagine, how do 3 and 4 work in tandem ?

If Brent was in prime position by then, would the protest be to save the club ? .. and would the fans then want the FL and PFA to accept a large reduction of the monies owing to the staff and players to save the club ? .... which is exactly what Ridsdale has wanted all along in order to give more money to you know who.
In my mind, the staff and players have to be paid in full come what may, and everyone else take the hit. I just don't see that as the stated object of this exercise. As some have already said on here, what is the difference if it is Brent or Heaney that screws the staff and players.

It's pretty obvious 90% of fans will be turning up on Saturday not knowing what the protest is actually all about ... crazy.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 am

penzancepirate wrote:
Just say BIL are out of the picture by Saturday, which is almost impossible to imagine, how do 3 and 4 work in tandem ?

If Brent was in prime position by then, would the protest be to save the club ? .. and would the fans then want the FL and PFA to accept a large reduction of the monies owing to the staff and players to save the club ? .... which is exactly what Ridsdale has wanted all along in order to give more money to you know who.
In my mind, the staff and players have to be paid in full come what may, and everyone else take the hit. I just don't see that as the stated object of this exercise.

It's pretty obvious 90% of fans will be turning up on Saturday not knowing what the protest is actually all about ... crazy.

Tis true. A clear message is vital for a groundswell to take hold.

The resident few hundred Pasoti brethren will do whatever Webb/Newell say. The larger audience require a clear statement of what/ whom we are protesting against.
A point blank refusal to support a Ridsdale owned club would be a start.

I
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 8:08 am

Tringreen wrote:

Indeed, but I can't see Pasoti Trust wanting to say that in a million years.

The reality is, apart from the likes of Lombard, there's going to be roughly £4m owing to the former money men and £4m to the staff/players, with only roughly £4m on offer to settle that.
Whether ir is Heaney or Brent paying, someone is going to have to make the decision who takes the hit. I don't see the Trust getting involved in swaying that decision.
In the end, I think Ridsdale will be pretty happy with this 'demo'
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 3:34 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Indeed, but I can't see Pasoti Trust wanting to say that in a million years.

The reality is, apart from the likes of Lombard, there's going to be roughly £4m owing to the former money men and £4m to the staff/players, with only roughly £4m on offer to settle that.
Whether ir is Heaney or Brent paying, someone is going to have to make the decision who takes the hit. I don't see the Trust getting involved in swaying that decision.
In the end, I think Ridsdale will be pretty happy with this 'demo'

The problem is that I feel a lot of fans are ambivalent at best about who is in charge of the club. I was at the Burton game on Saturday and there were very few anti-Heaney chants and even fewer anti-Ridsdale chants. In fact, a couple of lads who started an anti-Ridsdale chant were told he was doing a good job by a few other fans. I couldn't believe it! This was my first game of the season and I was expecting a fervent 90 minutes of protest and instead I found people defending Ridsdale. I'm firmly in the anti-Ridsdale, Heaney, Guilfoyle camp, I don't think there is much distinction between the lot of them but if this is the attitude prevalent among some of the fanbase then I suspect a losing battle is already being fought. No wonder the Trust appear a little unsure on what to do when the support is so divided on this matter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyMon Sep 05, 2011 5:57 pm

I'm sure you're right Droly. There is a sizeable proportion of the fanbase that just loves any famous football person to grace our stage, probably the same demographic who think Peter Reid is doing a splendid job.
Like it or not, those of us who think morality and ethic should still count for something in football, are outnumbered by those who would agree to almost anything as long as they get their saturday fix.

However, that does not excuse Pasoti Trust, and their fear of upsetting Peter Ridsdale in particular. If they, along with the Herald had been more forthright in their condemnation of an attempted 'pre pack' maybe the word would have got out to many more fans that the Heaney Ridsdale thing was not to be trusted.
Yet they still refrain from giving Ridsdale a kicking ... instead they prefer to heap absolutely everything on Heaney, as if he could arrange a piss up in a brewery. I can only assume, along with many others, that the hands off Ridsdale position is all to do with not wanting to upset anyone that might have a say in the new club. It's an accomodation I find distasteful. In private of course there is much talk of stringing Ridsdale along and then ditching him, but I find that almost impossible to take seriously, is almost Ridsdalian in itself, and doesn't help at all the immediate public perception of this disaster of a man that is so important.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyTue Sep 06, 2011 6:18 am

pig Ere.........let's naaat go fer the northern numpty yet, ee might just still be the boss and we don't wanna be left outside the directors room, with our snouts pressed up against the winder pane. jocolor
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 pm

Its green now.

The red card protest,that is.Like one of them there Chameleon's,i s'pose.
Back to top Go down
Nick

Nick

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 9:37 pm

"And it says green for go
For the people in the know
But for the others all it says is red for stop"

Thank you, The Beautiful South.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Someone should change the title of this thread... It was a better idea, now it's a pretty stupid one.

From MR. Webb On Pasoti..

"Firstly people will be standing, holding the cards - the seats will be in the background (refuting the idea the green cards won't be seen)

Peter Ridsdale may well be in the directors box. This isn't green to him, heaney or Guilfoyle. The protest has been explained to the media. They know what it is about. Myself and the other board members will deal with the media on the day. No mixed messages."

Since every second word is "media" with you Chris. Let me give you a note of advice from the the city that invented "media".

If you have to 'explain' your "message" to the media.. You haven't got one!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyWed Sep 07, 2011 10:54 pm

As if things couldn't get any worse..... thousands of people are being asked to protest, but are not being told what the protest is for Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ridsdale has given the go ahead for green cards, so, green it is.

"I was there son, 2011, club up against it. So were you, piccie in the 'erald in your swaddling green, proudly brandishing your season ticket. We bled green for our club that day, son, got shouted at by a steward to sit down. Wasn't happy with the £4 pasty though.
I wasn't sure what the protest was all about, but what the heck, Argyle's Argyle.... who cares who's in charge... all that matters is we had another chance to show the world we are Argyle.

A few of us Argyle buys spent the next couple of years on the protest circuit, trying to recapture the togetherness, that special feeling you get when you're standing up and being counted. Nothing like standing up for those more unfortunate than yerself, with a few pints thrown in. My favourite demo was against the governement cuts, or at least that's how it was initially billed .... as it turned out it was the countryside alliance supporting the removal of the 50p tax rate.... I dunno, it's all above me."
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:40 am

"you need to make people sit up and pay attention".

A brighton fans response posted on Pasoti...

"That is the most important message I believe.

Don't get me wrong, what is happening is fantastic and makes me very proud to be a Brighton fan. However, we were going through the same processes, A4 sheets being held up at every game we played-home and away, not sure if we did a red card protest but certainly similar and to be honest it didn't do much other than get coverage in our local paper with the odd tiny piece buried in a couple of the nationals. When 6,000 of us took whistles into the Goldstone and blew them non stop for 90 minutes (plus stoppage time ) the papers started watching us. We staged a walkout 15 minutes before the final whistle one game, boycotted another (and eventually stormed the ground when somebody accidentally unlocked a main gate). It was traumatic as hell but everybody got involved. Plus of course there were a few pitch invasions and a few times the directors box was taken over, not to mention forcing one game to be abandoned. That's when things started happening-hopefully you won't have to resort to our methods but you should have a Contingency Plan and plan c in place 'cos time is running out.

Having said all of that nonsense, I'm pretty sure you'll have a football club to follow-just make sure it is the one you want, run by people you want and trust."

Somebody with the right idea!!!

And if you want another one...

Print (stamp) an invitation to join the trust on the back of the card - send in the card and get 5 quid off Trust membership (after all, the Trust don't need the money as the can afford to give it away to the GT's!)

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:50 am

Rickler wrote:

"you need to make people sit up and pay attention".

A brighton fans response posted on Pasoti...

"That is the most important message I believe.

Don't get me wrong, what is happening is fantastic and makes me very proud to be a Brighton fan. However, we were going through the same processes, A4 sheets being held up at every game we played-home and away, not sure if we did a red card protest but certainly similar and to be honest it didn't do much other than get coverage in our local paper with the odd tiny piece buried in a couple of the nationals. When 6,000 of us took whistles into the Goldstone and blew them non stop for 90 minutes (plus stoppage time ) the papers started watching us. We staged a walkout 15 minutes before the final whistle one game, boycotted another (and eventually stormed the ground when somebody accidentally unlocked a main gate). It was traumatic as hell but everybody got involved. Plus of course there were a few pitch invasions and a few times the directors box was taken over, not to mention forcing one game to be abandoned. That's when things started happening-hopefully you won't have to resort to our methods but you should have a Contingency Plan and plan c in place 'cos time is running out.

Having said all of that nonsense, I'm pretty sure you'll have a football club to follow-just make sure it is the one you want, run by people you want and trust."

Somebody with the right idea!!!

And if you want another one...

Print (stamp) an invitation to join the trust on the back of the card - send in the card and get 5 quid off Trust membership (after all, the Trust don't need the money as the can afford to give it away to the GT's!)

ARE YOU LISTENING MR WEBB ? FIRST IT WAS THE CITY FANS, NOW IT'S BRIGHTON'S. THERE IS NO CLEAR MESSAGE. IF YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN IT YOU HAVE NO MESSAGE.

We know you like the sound of your own voice and you're one of the few who can string a few phrases together.............. but really. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:50 am

A mass boycott of home matches is the only way

Brighton fans get angry. Argyle fans grow beards. jocolor jocolor clown
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:56 am

Looks like 95% of the posters on the Green Card pasoti thread think its a poor idea (compared to the red), but Adolf isn't listening. Is Ridsdale on the 'Society Board'?

I'm going to take a red card, to protest against the green card love in Laughing
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 11:36 am

Even the posters on Exeweb think this is a shit idea-

"Have a look at this sh*te:-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

They are such a pack of clueless w*nkers and the Porkstain ain't even in the country, think how f*cked up they could be with his help.

Really funny the way that they can't even agree what colour the f*cking card should be."

Exeweb
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 12:32 pm

Basically its a protest about being shit isn't it. Personally I would like to tell Ridsdale to sling his hook, but obviously thats unfeasible in case he bolts the door to the executive washroom.

I got very angry with the trust when they thanked Peter Ridsdale for all his hard work, which considering his wages and the fact that its almost a year since he has been on board and twe're still up shit creek with unpaid staff is pretty distasteful. The chances are had Ridsdale not gone swaning off to Monaco, Brents phone woud be ringing by now.

I personally think Chris Webb has done well considering the circumstances, the beard thing is OK when taken at face value but its time to turn the fire on Ridsdale. GET HIM OUT OF THE CLUB!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 1:43 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Basically its a protest about being shit isn't it. Personally I would like to tell Ridsdale to sling his hook, but obviously thats unfeasible in case he bolts the door to the executive washroom.

I got very angry with the trust when they thanked Peter Ridsdale for all his hard work, which considering his wages and the fact that its almost a year since he has been on board and twe're still up shit creek with unpaid staff is pretty distasteful. The chances are had Ridsdale not gone swaning off to Monaco, Brents phone woud be ringing by now.

I personally think Chris Webb has done well considering the circumstances, the beard thing is OK when taken at face value but its time to turn the fire on Ridsdale. GET HIM OUT OF THE CLUB!
Agreed, that statement really stuck in the throat, it was ill judged at best. I would also like to see the Trust be more vocally against Ridsdale but I feel their hands are tied to a certain extent. They are supposed to represent the fanbase and, although it pains me to say it, I am certain that not all of the fans are anti-Ridsdale. I'm sure that independently many of the current Trust board members hold anti-Ridsdale sentiments but personal opinions shouldn't have any bearing on the Trust's direction, they should reflect the broad opinion of the fanbase and negotiate the best position for the Trust. I'd love to see an orchestrated campaign to basically tell Ridsdale to sling his hook but it's probably not a wise move given the seniority he still currently holds at the club and, more importantly, it could well be against the wishes of the majority of Trust members, regardless of how distasteful you or I or anyone else may find that to be. A certain amount of faith has to be placed in the Trust board if you are a member (granted, this would probably be easier had there been an election but needs must I suppose) and I'm generally happy with the positions that have been taken. I'm sure not everyone would say the same but they will do for me at the moment and I'm very happy people like John Petrie and Gareth Nicholson have places on the board, I'm very hopeful that their opinions won't be far away from my own.

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 32)
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:23 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Looks like 95% of the posters on the Green Card pasoti thread think its a poor idea (compared to the red), but Adolf isn't listening. Is Ridsdale on the 'Society Board'?

I'm going to take a red card, to protest against the green card love in Laughing

I'm going to take a yellow card, to protest about the green card, and your red card <blows raspberries>

Oh and I still have a beard you can hire for the day lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This is a better idea!   This is a better idea! Empty

Back to top Go down

This is a better idea!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next