Greenskin
Freathy
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Freathy

Freathy

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:07 am

Is this the FL saying no way to Heaney? Have Argyle been given a second chance to be properly marketed and a proper investor sought? I see the small time thinking beards are all clamouring for Brent Rolling Eyes FFS! Brent will be no better that Heaney!!!! He's a property developer with no interest in the football side!!!

Market the club!!!! Grab this opportunity to get something far far better!!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:30 am

Freathy wrote:
Is this the FL saying no way to Heaney? Have Argyle been given a second chance to be properly marketed and a proper investor sought? I see the small time thinking beards are all clamouring for Brent Rolling Eyes FFS! Brent will be no better that Heaney!!!! He's a property developer with no interest in the football side!!!

Rather misleading,is that headline.The actual text doesn't mention any fresh bids,just resubmissions from the previous biddders.Pity.The football league really needs to hold an inquiry into this whole affair,hopefully with a panel of administrators independently appointed and with grounding in marketing and advertising,being the outcome.Guilfoyle's antics neither meet the criteria for getting the best deal for creditors [how can it said to be,if national and international avenes have not been explored],nor the desired outcome of getting a major football club up and functioning again.It stinks.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:09 am

Unfortunately Argyles trouble for at least the last ten years has been lack of leadership, in the Boardroom, on the pitch and on websites like this one. Men of vision and boldness are required, what we have is mediocrity and property developers. Oh for a true leader who can lead us forward with inspiration and ambition.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:24 am

Freathy wrote:

"Brent will be no better than Heaney".............are you for real?. The small matter of morals & values make the distinction massive.

He's not there for property investment either. He's a hotelier and a business recovery expert, NOT a developer. He's there to stabilise and put on a sound financial footing a distinctive west country brand as he feels the peninsula should have football league representation. He's proudly pro westcountry, that's all. Argyle needs expertise in turning a basket case business into a stable entity, capable of growth and we need good responsible governance. We'll get both those things PLUS the chance eventually to get the ground into the hands of the council again and thus away from the grabbing hands of property developers.

Oh, and he may not have been a fan to start with but he is now I understand. What's more he's a proper fan, he fell in love when we were sh1t because of the Argyle family values. Not a championship bandwagon jumper he, he's been impressed with the spirit and tenacity of the fans and staff. Argyle has hooked him in, just like it did for us at whatever stage we became 'infected'.

I honestly get the impression that if a Euromillions 10x rollover winner who just wanted to buy a club and blow all his cash on it appeared some of you would oppose it just because the Trust was supportive of his involvement Rolling Eyes.

Whilst never agreeing with it I understand the reasons behind your PASOTI/Trust position. But sometimes I think you need to take a reality check to ensure your prejudices don't get in the way of common sense. Please don't be so closed of mind to dismiss or object to a very good bid from a very good man just because of the company he has kept, that really would be as ridiculous as it sounds.

He's been honourable throughout, he's behaved with impeccible business manners and despite being given every encouragement to walk away through the shambolic behaviour of the administrator and his paymaster he's stuck by Argyle. He's remained our backstop throughout, lesser men would have abandoned Argyle long ago, if he can do a deal, let's get it done. We need a further period of bids, exclusivity, due dilligence and time wasting like we need a bullet in the head.
Back to top Go down

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:38 am

X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

"Brent will be no better than Heaney".............are you for real?. The small matter of morals & values make the distinction massive.

He's not there for property investment either. He's a hotelier and a business recovery expert, NOT a developer. He's there to stabilise and put on a sound financial footing a distinctive west country brand as he feels the peninsula should have football league representation. He's proudly pro westcountry, that's all. Argyle needs expertise in turning a basket case business into a stable entity, capable of growth and we need good responsible governance. We'll get both those things PLUS the chance eventually to get the ground into the hands of the council again and thus away from the grabbing hands of property developers.

Oh, and he may not have been a fan to start with but he is now I understand. What's more he's a proper fan, he fell in love when we were sh1t because of the Argyle family values. Not a championship bandwagon jumper he, he's been impressed with the spirit and tenacity of the fans and staff. Argyle has hooked him in, just like it did for us at whatever stage we became 'infected'.

I honestly get the impression that if a Euromillions 10x rollover winner who just wanted to buy a club and blow all his cash on it appeared some of you would oppose it just because the Trust was supportive of his involvement Rolling Eyes.

Whilst never agreeing with it I understand the reasons behind your PASOTI/Trust position. But sometimes I think you need to take a reality check to ensure your prejudices don't get in the way of common sense. Please don't be so closed of mind to dismiss or object to a very good bid from a very good man just because of the company he has kept, that really would be as ridiculous as it sounds.

He's been honourable throughout, he's behaved with impeccible business manners and despite being given every encouragement to walk away through the shambolic behaviour of the administrator and his paymaster he's stuck by Argyle. He's remained our backstop throughout, lesser men would have abandoned Argyle long ago, if he can do a deal, let's get it done. We need a further period of bids, exclusivity, due dilligence and time wasting like we need a bullet in the head.

Hi Smiffy

To be fair to alot of people they were not supportive of Brent when he first appeared, and long before the trust got organised into its current set up. And I sure you remember you took a lot of stick for supporting on Pasoti when he first appeared.

I don't speak for Freathy, but want I think he is saying is rather then jump straight in bed with Brent, why not have a look around for some proper buyers - not one handpicked by Ridsdale. Thats my view, but I am well aware that time is at a premium, so maybe Brent is the best bet.

But the thing I have learnt from this whole sorry episode is that I am never going to fully trust anyone involved in Argyle again, whether its Brent, Ridsdale, Jesus or Winnie the Pooh.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 9:49 am

I certainly agree with the last bit, total trust is a thing of fantasy now. It will be possible to trust to some more than others though.

I would agree with the opening up to the process, FFS if there's a benevolent multimillionaire out there with cash to burn let's get him down. It's idealistic however, three observations..........

1) Anyone with a genuine interest would have come forward last time. Argyle's administatrion wasn't kept a secret and in the world of investors the scent of blood in the water gets picked up for miles around.

2) We can't afford the time lag. The total liability has increased by £3,000,000 since Guilfoyle gave Heaney exclusivity, like I say we need more delays like we need a hole in the head.

3) Guilfoyle is the administrator. He is on the end of a string dangled by Ridsdale, we 'open it up' and what's the betting we get saddled with yet another shockingly poor preferred bidder decision that "oh my" just so happens to have been sourced by Peter Ridsdale?.

Ideally it'd be desirable, we are in far from ideal circumstances here, we need realism. We've had a man with a plan all along, we've had a man with the cash, all along, he should ahve been given PB status all those months ago so we need to just get it done.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:02 pm

threats from heaney

im kind of hoping the fl tell him to piss off, then we can start over.

12 games max this season, next year in zamoretta or whatever its called
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:15 pm

Now is the time for your Tust to make their move! whether they have the balls to do so, remains to be seen Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:21 pm

i cant see it happening, the card protest is frankly weak, id try to promote a 'stay away' or, failing that, a 'leave incredibly early' protest, to ensure the message gets through.

weak willed supporters dont do that kind of thing, though!
trust in ridds Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:26 pm

I found £1.27 down the side of our sofa last night. Should I make a bid? lol!

Last edited by Sandford_Grecian on Thu Sep 08, 2011 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Well it beats The Riddlers £1)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 2:35 pm

X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

A 10x roll over winner, with interest in awakening a comotosed giant, would do very nicely thank you.
I am not anti Trust/Pasoti. I am critical of what they have stood for thus far.
When they display vision and balls rather than buckets, beards n bats, I'll gladly shut up.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:12 pm

Tringreen wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

A 10x roll over winner, with interest in awakening a comotosed giant, would do very nicely thank you.
When they display vision and balls rather than buckets, beards n bats, I'll gladly shut up.

Why are you discussing Bradford City? lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:24 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

Certainly wasn't discussing Exeter,thats for sure.
Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:35 pm

Greenskin wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

But we know our place, comotosed giant ffs, I suppose next to Torquay's flea, your ant size is bigger, but you're still no elephant, that's for sure... quicker you wake up and realise this, and get your trust moving in the right direction, to save your club the better. Or this time next season we'll be comparing your ant size to that of the flea size of Tiverton Town!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:53 pm

X Isle wrote:
I certainly agree with the last bit, total trust is a thing of fantasy now. It will be possible to trust to some more than others though.

I would agree with the opening up to the process, FFS if there's a benevolent multimillionaire out there with cash to burn let's get him down. It's idealistic however, three observations..........

1) Anyone with a genuine interest would have come forward last time. Argyle's administatrion wasn't kept a secret and in the world of investors the scent of blood in the water gets picked up for miles around.

2) We can't afford the time lag. The total liability has increased by £3,000,000 since Guilfoyle gave Heaney exclusivity, like I say we need more delays like we need a hole in the head.

3) Guilfoyle is the administrator. He is on the end of a string dangled by Ridsdale, we 'open it up' and what's the betting we get saddled with yet another shockingly poor preferred bidder decision that "oh my" just so happens to have been sourced by Peter Ridsdale?.

Ideally it'd be desirable, we are in far from ideal circumstances here, we need realism. We've had a man with a plan all along, we've had a man with the cash, all along, he should ahve been given PB status all those months ago so we need to just get it done.

Thing was Smiffy,in answer to item 1 of your post above,investors were not given the chance to smell blood,confirmed in this quote from Guilfoyle back in March;

"In some respects it's relatively straightforward. A lot of the work has been done by Ridsdale and Hinchliffe" admitted Brendan at a press conference in Sheffield on Saturday.

They have identified the purchasers so I don't think I have to go through marketing or produce an information memorandum".

Out of the three,i must admit that Mr Brent,on the face of it,presents the best option.I agree with what you say about the repurchase of Home park,it was the accursed day that it was sold in the first place which has led to the current predicament.Also,Peter Jones support for Mr Brent is a big factor in my swaying towards him.I would like to think that Mr Jones would have a role to play in any future directorship of the club and that his words are listened to more carefully at a future crisis point for the club,certainly far more so than last time.I am still wary about the Ridsdale/Brent/Citibank connection,though-i just hope that your assessment of Mr Brent and his motives proves to be more accurate than that given by many on a certain other local businessman of the fairly recent past.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 3:57 pm

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
X Isle wrote:
Freathy wrote:

But we know our place, comotosed giant ffs, I suppose next to Torquay's flea, your ant size is bigger, but you're still no elephant, that's for sure... quicker you wake up and realise this, and get your trust moving in the right direction, to save your club the better. Or this time next season we'll be comparing your ant size to that of the flea size of Tiverton Town!!

I've been wide awake about the situation the club is in for a good while now,thank you very much.And i do believe that closer attention to posts made on this site would reveal that some have been advocating action to get the trust moving in the right direction for some time now.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:32 pm

Sandford?, wasn't that where Hot Fuzz was set?.

Methinks we're depriving the village of it's idiot........yarp clown
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 pm

Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:

Thing was Smiffy,in answer to item 1 of your post above,investors were not given the chance to smell blood,confirmed in this quote from Guilfoyle back in March;

"In some respects it's relatively straightforward. A lot of the work has been done by Ridsdale and Hinchliffe" admitted Brendan at a press conference in Sheffield on Saturday.

They have identified the purchasers so I don't think I have to go through marketing or produce an information memorandum".

My point is that the sharpest speculators, the one's we want, the one's who are 'good to go', the one's who actually have capital behind them, the successful one's, the one's who don't need to spin plates to cover costs.............knew about Argyle already. They pour over the court listings, they have paid contacts in insolvency firms, they KNOW about investment opportunities without having to be told about them.

Especially in Argyles case, the administration was in all the papers when it happened. They'd have looked at it, the lack of expressions of interest merely reflects the basket case nature of our cost to benefit ratio of return.

It's like new bands, the good one's, the one's the record companies would actually be interested in, they get 'found' without ever sending in a Demo tape Wink.

We advertise and the big boys will be no less disinterested, we just risk encouraging more chancers, and they can f**k right off Evil or Very Mad.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 pm

X Isle wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
X Isle wrote:

My point is that the sharpest speculators, the one's we want, the one's who are 'good to go', the one's who actually have capital behind them, the successful one's, the one's who don't need to spin plates to cover costs.............knew about Argyle already. They pour over the court listings, they have paid contacts in insolvency firms, they KNOW about investment opportunities without having to be told about them.

Especially in Argyles case, the administration was in all the papers when it happened. They'd have looked at it, the lack of expressions of interest merely reflects the basket case nature of our cost to benefit ratio of return.

It's like new bands, the good one's, the one's the record companies would actually be interested in, they get 'found' without ever sending in a Demo tape Wink.

We advertise and the big boys will be no less disinterested, we just risk encouraging more chancers, and they can f**k right off Evil or Very Mad.

It still doesn't alter the fact that even if people did know about the Argyle situation,Ridsdale and Hinchcliffe had "already done the work",according to Guilfoyle- why would they bother to pursue it? I don't agree about Argyle's current situation putting potential investors off,either.Clubs such as Hull,Cardiff,Swansea,Brighton,etc have been equal or worse basket cases in recent times-surely anybody with foresight could see that Argyle can achieve as much as those clubs under the right circumstances and that there may even ultimately be a nice little drink in it for them if the club were to be successful? I agree about the undesirability of chancers taking over again,maybe if the ground were to be repurchased by PCC,then that possibility may be reduced.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 7:41 pm

Greenskin,the clubs you mention above have all done pretty well.But the economy is in a right 2&8 at the moment.If i had a few bob, a football club would be the last on my list to invest in.Yes you are in the sh1t,but there will be many more clubs on the horizon that's for sure.

Football needs to take a long hard look at its self imo.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Greenskin,the clubs you mention above have all done pretty well.But the economy is in a right 2&8 at the moment.If i had a few bob, a football club would be the last on my list to invest in.Yes you are in the sh1t,but there will be many more clubs on the horizon that's for sure.

Football needs to take a long hard look at its self imo.

I don't disagree with you about football needing a revamp and reorganisation to bring about a more level playing field.For a start,i would reintroduce the 50/50 gate receipts ruling and distribute the Sky money throughout the four divisions and beyond on an even basis.It won't happen of course,but we can but dream.That said,Argyle's problems have nothing to do with an uneven distribution of wealth.They were caused by a lack of courage [or personal greed] in truly seizing the moment when it was there,a change of emphasis from football to property development and thereafter bad decision making by successive boards and management.No disrespect,but even if you haven't got a bob or two at the moment [neither have i,to be fair],plenty of other people have.Some would find this next postulation laughable but what criteria would overseas investors look for if interested in buying a football club? Catchment area of 1.5 million people? Virtually limitless scope for stadium development? Could be.

Anyway,i'm off for a few noggins now to drown my sorrows because my cat is very ill.Goodnight.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:14 am

February 4th 1975, Argyle beat Blackburn 2 - 1 in front of 28,744 at Home Park to take over at the top of Division 3.

Give the people a reason to believe and they will come.

We all know what happened next to the Waiters/ Mariner era.......................... it's what we do best. Sad
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 9:27 pm

Tringreen wrote:
February 4th 1975, Argyle beat Blackburn 2 - 1 in front of 28,744 at Home Park to take over at the top of Division 3.

We all know what happened next to the Waiters/ Mariner era.......................... it's what we do best. Sad

Tony Waiters was interviewed in the Herald this week.He made an interesting comment on the Mariner deal,saying that it was the best for the club in that two players came in as well as the cash.What he probably meant was that if it had been a straight cash deal,he would have received two tenths of piss all to strengthen the team from Robert "Plymouth couldn't support a first division club" Daniel and his band of merry men.Still rankles with me,even 35 years later.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:02 am

Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Tony Waiters was interviewed in the Herald this week.He made an interesting comment on the Mariner deal,saying that it was the best for the club in that two players came in as well as the cash.What he probably meant was that if it had been a straight cash deal,he would have received two tenths of piss all to strengthen the team from Robert "Plymouth couldn't support a first division club" Daniel and his band of merry men.Still rankles with me,even 35 years later.

Me too ......................... wonder if Napoleon trusted in the board then ? Little old Plimuff clearly punching above its weight with 29k on a Tuesday night in the 3rd Division ! jocolor lol!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:22 am

Tringreen wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

Me too ......................... wonder if Napoleon trusted in the board then ? Little old Plimuff clearly punching above its weight with 29k on a Tuesday night in the 3rd Division ! jocolor lol!

Not to mention that our gates were the 5th highest in the second division in 1975/6,despite finishing 17th! Or that they were the seventh best in the division the season after,when Mariner was sold and we were relegated! Must have been an awful lot of other clubs "punching above their weight" -if there's one phrase in relation to Argyle which makes me want to smash my screen with a mallet,its that one.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fresh bids invited Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh bids invited
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next