X Isle
pepsipete
Greenskin
Freathy
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Fresh bids invited - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:00 am

I whole heartedly agree GS.
It was the continual 'punching above our weight' nonsense that did me in with Sturrock ... it's nothing more but an age old institutionalised get out of jail card for those that run and manage the club badly.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:22 pm

2004/5 Stoke City 12th position CCC Average attendance 16455
2004/5 Argyle 17th position CCC Average attendance 16420

Punching above our weight my arse.

2011/12 Stoke City beat Liverpool to go to fourth place in the premiership in front of 27592
2011/12 Argyle lose to Port Vale to cement 92nd positon in the FL in front of 5018

Says it all,really.Trust in Stapes,enjoy the ride!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:40 pm

Greenskin wrote:

2011/12 Stoke City beat Liverpool to go to fourth place in the premiership in front of 27592
2011/12 Argyle lose to Port Vale to cement 92nd positon in the FL in front of 5018

The difference being Stoke have a benefactor prepared to chuck millions at the club for no return. If he gets fed up it won't be much fun for them.

However more fun than what we're having.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:13 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

The difference being Stoke have a benefactor prepared to chuck millions at the club for no return. If he gets fed up it won't be much fun for them.

The point is though,that Stoke have now re-established a fan base of 20000 plus,which will stick with them through thick and thin for X number of years and provide a source of income and interest that will see them through even if they get into a slump on the pitch,a la Southampton,Norwich,Leeds etc.I don't think we needed millions pumped in for further progress to be made,just a correct emphasis and moderate extra financial help,the hard work had already been done.I can't recall Pulis spending vast amounts of money in his early years at Stoke,just enough to make them into a highly competitive outfit in the CCC.He obviously knew that he was not going to get the same deal at HP, i never believed that the only reason he left was his friendship with Peter Coates.

What ever happened to the Pulis report,BTW?
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:14 pm

"we're punching above our weight" was one of the excuses *****wallet lovers used to justify to themselves their devotion to their hero while he dismantled Ollies promotion chasing team.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 9:50 pm

Freathy wrote:
"we're punching above our weight" was one of the excuses *****wallet lovers used to justify to themselves their devotion to their hero while he dismantled Ollies promotion chasing team.

I don't want to get started on that man. Has Marcel managed to find another club, one willing to match his wage requirements?

Edited:

Last edited by peter_dout on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 10:30 pm

peter_dout wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I don't want to get started on that cunt and his cunt family. Has Marcel managed to find another club, one willing to match his wage requirements?

Last I read, he was training with Herenveen (I'm guessing for eff all- mind you his father in law can subsidise his family!)
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 5:46 am

peter_dout wrote:
Greenskin wrote:

It is true that some money is needed at Championship level, otherwise your staff get picked off...... but.......our board had an offer of investment from Argyle fans which they and Pasoti rubbished. Additionally, if they had been the real fans they claimed to be they would have marketed the club and found a new owner, even a Manderic, to finish the job.....but......they got greedy and wanted to keep their fingers in the pie.
If we had got some money into the club and the potential fanbase could see that we were really having a go, they would have turned up to push Holloway's team into the play offs at least.
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 9:34 am

Chemical Ali wrote:
peter_dout wrote:
Freathy wrote:

I don't want to get started on that cunt and his cunt family. Has Marcel managed to find another club, one willing to match his wage requirements?

Last I read, he was training with Herenveen (I'm guessing for eff all- mind you his father in law can subsidise his family!)

Hasn't he got a bar in the town too?. I suspect he's training by day and bar brawling owning by night.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fresh bids invited   Fresh bids invited - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Fresh bids invited
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2