125+1
Freathy
pepsipete
seadog
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

James Brent is the new preferred bidder Empty
PostSubject: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyThu Sep 08, 2011 10:01 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

So says Saturday Service, who has some form.

I can't quite bring myself to believe it, but I'm guessing Heaney has walked because the league won't roll over and there is no time for another bid. Faced with with that or jack shit PandA have decided to cash in their chips. Or perhaps they have finally twitted he has no money.

We'll see.....

Last edited by mouldyoldgoat on Wed Sep 04, 2013 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 28)
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:10 am

there is still plenty of mileage in this shite yet I fear.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:24 am

It seems to have been running for ever, will be glad when its settled.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 7:53 am

With Brent I cannot see the playing side getting the investment it needs to compete at this level anymore than with Heaney. I think we'll fall down through the non-league system the same whether it's Brent or Heaney.

I just wish fresh bids meant bids from completely new potential investors.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:13 pm

Freathy wrote:
With Brent I cannot see the playing side getting the investment it needs to compete at this level anymore than with Heaney. I think we'll fall down through the non-league system the same whether it's Brent or Heaney.

I just wish fresh bids meant bids from completely new potential investors.

If there were people out there interested they would have bid the 1st time, it is now more expensive to buy Argyle than it was in May.

You can keep dreaming that there is an arab billionaire out there willing to turn around the fortunes of Argyle.

Under Brent we will be as better off as if an Argyle trust was running the club. He knows business, and will run Argyle within budget the way ALL businesses are supposed to be run, and if that means years in l2 or conferance than so be it, at least we have a club that is well run, by someone with dignity and pride, rather than some shark out to make millions off a pipe dream.

Weve been stung before, time to learn from that lesson.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 8:31 pm

In my opinion, it's not more expensive to buy Argyle now ... that's just not true. What has changed is the mix of creditors, and the pressure they can individually exert over a buyer.

Heaney has taken the opportunity to say he was going to pay off the football creditors IN FULL, but that payment was to be over 150 million years. Brent wants to pay the football creditors immediately, and is happy to sign a deal BEFORE the League give their blessing ( that's the big difference) but has not said what percentage of back pay will be paid.
The real negotiation problem lies with the creditors that were going to get lucky under Heaney at the expense of the 150 million year deal, but aren't going to get anywhere near the same deal under Brent ( at least, I hope that is the case ) ... guess who they are... I think I can.
I can see a situation developing where the Football creditors won't give Heaney the gig, and Mastpoint won't give Brent the gig. I really do hope these administrators really are wanting to wind this up quick..... the players really, really do have this process under their control ..... threaten another strike if neccessary ... but I can see Pasoti Trust wanting the staff to take yet another deferral.... it's what they've been encouraging since Day one.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 10:48 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
In my opinion, it's not more expensive to buy Argyle now ... that's just not true. What has changed is the mix of creditors, and the pressure they can individually exert over a buyer.

Heaney has taken the opportunity to say he was going to pay off the football creditors IN FULL, but that payment was to be over 150 million years. Brent wants to pay the football creditors immediately, and is happy to sign a deal BEFORE the League give their blessing ( that's the big difference) but has not said what percentage of back pay will be paid.
The real negotiation problem lies with the creditors that were going to get lucky under Heaney at the expense of the 150 million year deal, but aren't going to get anywhere near the same deal under Brent ( at least, I hope that is the case ) ... guess who they are... I think I can.
I can see a situation developing where the Football creditors won't give Heaney the gig, and Mastpoint won't give Brent the gig. I really do hope these administrators really are wanting to wind this up quick..... the players really, really do have this process under their control ..... threaten another strike if neccessary ... but I can see Pasoti Trust wanting the staff to take yet another deferral.... it's what they've been encouraging since Day one.

I believe Brent negotiated and agreed a deal with Mastpoint the first time around

And im no expert but Brent has said himself that there is now more debt at the club then there was the first time due to rising creditors (mainly wages) and administration costs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyFri Sep 09, 2011 11:21 pm

I agree with you 125, Brent does say that the club has more historical debt now, but where is he saying he's willing to pay more than at the time of his first bid ?
Now the Ridsdale pre pack effect has diminished somewhat, and the staff are getting a little more militant at last, I would suggest it is now a buyers market.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:23 am

125+1 wrote:

You can keep dreaming that there is an arab billionaire out there willing to turn around the fortunes of Argyle.

Under Brent we will be as better off as if an Argyle trust was running the club. He knows business, and will run Argyle within budget the way ALL businesses are supposed to be run, and if that means years in l2 or conferance than so be it, at least we have a club that is well run, by someone with dignity and pride, rather than some shark out to make millions off a pipe dream.

Not an arab billionaire just someone with a bit of class and ambition with an interest in the footballing side.

I'm glad you're happy with years of non-league/L2 shite because that's all I think brent will ever deliver. How many fans will be lost becuase of our years in the non-league wilderness? You may be happy with watching us get stuffed at home in a part time league in front of 2000 praaaaper faaans but the majority will turn their backs on the club and a generation of fans will be lost forever.

Brent has "dignity and pride" does he? How's that then exactly?

jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:39 am

I must say, how does heading Citibank's real estate policy throughout the global property bubble disaster give you dignity and pride ?
I thought these sort of people were supposed to be the bad guys. Not in the minds of Plymouth and Pasoti Trust obviously ... maybe a statue perhaps ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptySat Sep 10, 2011 8:16 pm

PP is spot on when he says it's football creditors V Mastpoint because there is only so much money in the pot. However without the football creditor issue being satisfactorily negotiated there is no football club and therefore no one gets any money back.

What amazed me is that despite the gravity of the situation Mastpoint/stapes chose a penniless bankrupt to represent their interests.

Whatever Brent offers going forward, it doesn't look like he's going to be bullied and we'll have a club at least. When the players and staff last threatened action it got results, they should demand that the club be sold to Brent or withold their labour, it works.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptySun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 am

peter_dout wrote:
What amazed me is that despite the gravity of the situation Mastpoint/stapes chose a penniless bankrupt to represent their interests.

Nobody really knows.
Maybe that was the clever bit and gave them the cover to stretch out the process, as I personally believe was always the intention ... stretch it out, don't pay the players for as long as possible, and then negotiate them downward, and also playing dumb about the need to agree the football creditors before getting the League share.
OR, of course, Heaney really did surprise eveyone and Ridsdale's knowledge of the admin and football creditor thing might not be as wonderful as people have been led to believe. As far as I know, Ridsdale's experience has been more about getting clubs into trouble, not out of it.

I must say, every time I look at the present situation, I can see nothing but an easy open goal for the "Mastpoint" collective .... just say no ... and the Brent back stop will be finally put to bed, leaving "them" as the only option left standing. As for Lombard, if I were them, and considering the personal guarantees they hold, I wouldn't take one penny less than what is owed. It all depends on how convinced the administrators that this is the last month and that the players have had enough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:11 pm

Here's a nice property quote :-

Quote :
There is also a ‘macro’ consideration I believe to be important. I cannot personally see how a UK government – of whatever political persuasion – will be able to address the soaring public sector debt without high inflation, high taxes or – most likely – a combination of both.

If the expectation of higher inflation proves well founded, what better position to be in than owning a portfolio of high-quality properties – ideally with safe tenants – with upward-only rental reviews
That was James Brent writing for a property mob in 2009. It's good to have a few bits of background other than that from the starstruck fanfest bunch.
Back to top Go down
125+1

125+1

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:19 pm

Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

Not an arab billionaire just someone with a bit of class and ambition with an interest in the footballing side.

I'm glad you're happy with years of non-league/L2 shite because that's all I think brent will ever deliver. How many fans will be lost becuase of our years in the non-league wilderness? You may be happy with watching us get stuffed at home in a part time league in front of 2000 praaaaper faaans but the majority will turn their backs on the club and a generation of fans will be lost forever.

jocolor jocolor

Bizzare im happy with a well run club in L2 possibly the conferance and you question this, but your more than happy for the club to be liquidated starting up again being well run but in the zamereto league.

I know which id prefer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 4:27 pm

125+1 wrote:
Freathy wrote:
125+1 wrote:

jocolor jocolor

Bizzare im happy with a well run club in L2 possibly the conferance and you question this, but your more than happy for the club to be liquidated starting up again being well run but in the zamereto league.

I know which id prefer

Even more bizarre 125, is that you seem to be happy with a Conference club under the leadership of a man that faces fraud charges, has a court visit in the near future and a reputation that is not exactly admired by the vast majority of football fans at clubs throughout the country.

Faced with that I know which I would prefer.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:42 am

According to the Herald, a French group are interested-

"A rival consortium led by London businessman Paul Buttivant has also re-tabled its offer, saying it needs just four weeks to complete a takeover.

But Mr Buttivant says he is still awaiting basic financial information – such as payroll costs and staffing numbers – from administrators.

It is understood a further expression of interest in buying Argyle has now been made to the club's administrators. Contact was made last week, though it is unclear who is behind the interest.

A group of French investors have also been sounding out the possibility of buying Argyle. And talks were ongoing last night involving a separate consortium with past links to football."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I can't think of any French owned English clubs?
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:57 am

well with the new interest it proves that guilfoyle was wrong not to market the club at the begining but as we all know it was a pre pack from the start, but what happens now with the trust if a new bidder comes in who is willing to pay the staff in full and also invest in the squad and the facillities would they have the balls to withdraw there backing for james brent or will they back him at all costs to fulfill personal ambitions of perhaps a place on the board.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:59 am

Are the "French" actually Kassam and Co, and its just a case of lazy journalism by linking France and Monaco?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:08 am

I wouldn't be surprised at all if some of the pre pack bunch have been working on a new attempt for some time... in fact ever since Abe supposedly pulled out.
I would imagine Pasoti Trust's leaders will stick to their mantra of Brent..... they have painted themselves into a corner when there was no need at all. All it needs is for a creditor or two to tell Brent to get lost.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:09 am

I can't think of any French owned English clubs?

Arsenal might as well be.

It is very interesting that after all this fooking around and the adulation of Ridders that he may slip out of the picture after all.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:28 am

No Frank, I was up the superstore (ha) yesterday (I believe that is the correct form to set off on a tale of wild speculation). Anyroad I saw the French gentleman arrive, he was wearing a stripey jumper, beret, big sunglassses and a string of onions over his shoulder. He seemed to know Ridders as they embraced cheek to cheek (like those frogs do). He was about 4'6" and I could see wisps of ginger hair escaping under the beret. FACT.

Anyone any ideas.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:58 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
No Frank, I was up the superstore (ha) yesterday (I believe that is the correct form to set off on a tale of wild speculation). Anyroad I saw the French gentleman arrive, he was wearing a stripey jumper, beret, big sunglassses and a string of onions over his shoulder. He seemed to know Ridders as they embraced cheek to cheek (like those frogs do). He was about 4'6" and I could see wisps of ginger hair escaping under the beret. FACT.

Anyone any ideas.

Sacha Opinel? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:18 am

Whoever wants to buy the club, I don't care who they are but I do tell them to pay for exclusivity NOW. Let us start paying our players again, show a humane side, and morally I'd be behind them if it came from any of Brent, Kassam, Buttivant or some pissed up Frog who missed his ferry home. I don't think any of them are great options but the Trust is nowhere near strong enough nor supported enough to back as an entity themselves so it is time for someone to put some money in, otherwise we might as well just fold and I can carry on watching rugby/cricket.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:42 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Whoever wants to buy the club, I don't care who they are but I do tell them to pay for exclusivity NOW. Let us start paying our players again, show a humane side, and morally I'd be behind them if it came from any of Brent, Kassam, Buttivant or some pissed up Frog who missed his ferry home. I don't think any of them are great options but the Trust is nowhere near strong enough nor supported enough to back as an entity themselves so it is time for someone to put some money in, otherwise we might as well just fold and I can carry on watching rugby/cricket.

Wot ......... no more fanfests to see whom is the most worthy bucket rattler ? Youuummm naaaaat a praaaaaper faaaan ! jocolor
Back to top Go down
argyledj

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:58 pm

well as expected the trust have rubbished all the new bids as either no money or not enough time they must have one hell of a crystal ball or a lot of arrogance when it was first formed i considered joining but i am now very glad i have not all they seem to do is have embaressing spats on twitter and pasoti if any one dares to criticise there reasoning they are meant to be an independent help to the club not trying to run it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James Brent is the new preferred bidder   James Brent is the new preferred bidder Empty

Back to top Go down

James Brent is the new preferred bidder
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next